Class 56s,new and old photos...

While I was digging out a couple of Tractor Pix for the other thread I came across this, again not a great Scan but 56019 at Bournemouth, having worked from Birmingham and about to work back!!

56019_zpse459dfd2.jpg

It had previously worked a Manchester- Paignton (1V50 I think) as far as Birmingham and at the time I was living in Exeter. Rumour had it that it wouldn't com west but would work the Bournemouth forward form Birmingham so after a leap of faith I set off for Baisingstoke. I think an RFD Duff worked the Paignton forward from Brum.

Cheers,

Al.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

56116 at Toton on 23 11 2002

56116 Toton

When I worked at Toton I was in the yard at least once or twice a week.  One day I thought 'I need to start taking pictures of locomotives', here are some of these pictures.

More in a set of images on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/55938574@N03/sets/72157635987860666/

Somehow I have embedded a slide show.  Don't ask me how I did it... (Monkeys , typewriters, works of Shakespeare etc)

Edited by The Bigbee Line
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Some rather atmospheric if not depressing photo's taken from inside the closed Thornaby depot. Not mine I hasten to add, just a page I found whilst trawling a while back.

Scroll down abit for the stored 56's.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/industrial-sites/47520-thornaby-rail-maintenance-depot-feb-2010-a.html

• 3 weeks later...

02078556049.jpg

Image courtesy of the "mad axeman" heres 56049 unusually working the return cement empties for Northfleet as far as Luton where a 33 should take over back on 020785. This Dunstable scene is now a guided busway such is "progress"

NR

Edited by South of 1E
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...