Warley National 2013

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Building up stamina for table setting out this Friday am... imagine a big hall - and three great big piles of tables.....  the fun of it all!

Hope to see some of you on E25 - bring your stuff to weather ... mine is very much a your hands on demo and no airbrushes will be used....

Barry O

Hello

That will be a first then Terry. See you at the weekend old friend.

Cheers

George

That's handy. Hope no copyright issues.

I can actually have a weekend off and I am tempted to go. But 87 layouts! How do I get round that many in a weekend - never mind look at any trade stands?

I normally manage to just see everything on the Saturday by making use of the early opening for advanced ticket holders. If I'm really lucky I might have an odd 15 minutes left at the end to revisit a particular favourite or a layout that wasn't working/too crowded earlier in the day.

However it does imply an average of something like 3 minutes per layout/trade stand so I'm afraid if something hasn't moved within 3 minutes, I do!

• RMweb Gold

That's handy. Hope no copyright issues.

I can actually have a weekend off and I am tempted to go. But 87 layouts! How do I get round that many in a weekend - never mind look at any trade stands?

It's a link to the Warley site so no problems ;)

Go to their site - layouts and you'll see the floor plan tag in yellow.

As to getting it in, go early - stay late and leave the trade until later unless you fancy a crush with those hoping for latest releases and bargains.

• Administrators

Hi all,

If you're visiting the Warley Show this weekend, please pop by the BRM stand. We are running a special, show-only Subscription Offer plus you can Win a Layout:

* Take home a locomotive for just £10!

When you take out a two-year subscription to BRM for £90. Pick one of the following locos:

post-14186-0-27564600-1385027761.jpg

post-14186-0-05688000-1385027762.jpg

post-14186-0-88237400-1385027762.jpg

post-14186-0-54309400-1385027763.jpg

post-14186-0-04854500-1385027764.jpg

* Win the BRM Project Layout - The Wisbech & Upwell Tramway

post-14186-0-85807000-1385027856.jpg

See you there!

Steve and the BRM Team

• RMweb Gold

Anyone any idea of a trader who might have a set of Markits / Romfords code BR-49xx at Warley on Saturday? Mainly Trains isn't there, Comet don't do the size, Markits isn't there hence my request for suggestions.

247 Developments stock Markits products but whether they do all the wheel range I don't know for sure.The other option is Gibson.

Looking forward to the show now, a cracking line up of layouts

Have pre-ordered tickets which I need to pick up from the venue 'box-office', the first time I have done this

Anyone know from experience how long the queue is likely to be to pick up tickets?

• RMweb Premium

Decoding the floor plan to find out exactly what's on stand H19 can be a highly entertaining pastime with only the alphabetical list of exhibitors provided.  To spoil your fun I have as last year re-sorted the list by stand no. and printed it in (fairly) readable two-page format and on a single page for the myopically parsimonious.

Warley2013_2_page.pdf

Warley2013_1_page_4.pdf

Yes, there is a separate thread about this.  Looking forward to catching up with you on Sunday.

Chris

Any chance of a pointer to aforementioned thread? It doesn't seem to be in any of the obvious places....

I will be there with Gresley Beat.

Martin

Is the stand number known for Gresley Beat please? I'm supposed to be bringing some stock on Saturday morning, when I eventually get into the place, and I like to get it more or less directly to the layout rather than lug it around for a while, or fumble through a show guide with hands full and people milling around me. I should have asked Cliff last time I spoke to him, but it never occurred to me, and I've not managed to get hold of him this week.

Thanks - if anyone can provide the info.

• RMweb Gold

Is the stand number known for Gresley Beat please? .

C11 just go straight ahead at the entrance down the aisle on the extreme left side of the hall and it's just over halfway through the hall.

See the map link on my post near the top of this page.

Just seen a post on the g scale forum from Chris one of the team that runs it,

"Things don't always go to plan. Last year a hotel room was booked for Alfred and Judy from the Port of Par stand...."

Oops fancy getting a port of par tank through the Premier Inn door! ;)

>247 Developments stock Markits products but whether they do all the wheel range I don't know for sure.

I'm afraid you're unlucky on two counts there.  Gary isn't attending Warley this year as he's been put off by the high stand rent, and he stopped stocking Markits wheels a couple of years ago anyway.

Geoff Brewin

Comet Models

Is the stand number known for Gresley Beat please? I'm supposed to be bringing some stock on Saturday morning, when I eventually get into the place, and I like to get it more or less directly to the layout rather than lug it around for a while, or fumble through a show guide with hands full and people milling around me. I should have asked Cliff last time I spoke to him, but it never occurred to me, and I've not managed to get hold of him this week.

Thanks - if anyone can provide the info.

We are on stand C11.

Martin

For those of you travelling by car, don't forget that you can park in Birmingham International Station carpark for £5 (compared to £10 for the NEC parking). Not only is it cheaper but the carpark is also closer to the NEC than the NEC carparks! 

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

amended job tomorrow and i finish at landor st at 10:30 and ive got to drive the van back home.......

I think i may be going home via the NEC (but parking in marston green and getting the train the last little bit to save on parking fees!)

Archived