Heljan 89121 DCC Wiring help needed

hazza

Hi

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me and my dad.  We have brought a Heljan 89121 DCC ready turntable.  We have a DCC layout with a bus and I control it by an EZ dynamis wireless controller.  We do not have a DCC booster.

We followed the instructions in the manual and then from a thread on this website, where it was suggested wiring it straight to the bus, which we did.

The control box of the TT has power, because when the power is turned on the control box box starts, then an error occurs - err1 shows on the display.

We have swapped the wiring around as suggested but the error keeps coming up.  We have still not been able to make the bridge move at all.  The contacts have been cleaned, that didn't work.

We have even tried powering it with an analogue power supply and the same error comes up.

We were hoping that some kind soul will share their wiring diagram of how they have wired theirs successfully to the bus. 

Any help is appreciated.

Harry.

Harry I had exactly the same problem with one I bought from Hattons recently. It was returned to them and was replaced by return of post with a new one.

Alex

Thanks Alex, we have another one in it's box, I have a large layout. Will try that one today to see if that one works.

Do you have a booster? I was told I didn't need one, the layout is large but I never run lots of engines at once.

Spent 6 hours last night and tried every possible wiring.

Harry.

• RMweb Gold

I spoke to I think it was Ken at Kernows and when I explained the "err1" problem he said there was no alternative but to send it back to Hattons as it was a fault.

I have wired the TT as the diagram in the instructions for DCC i.e. terminals 1&3 to the DCC bus and 2&4 to the DCC bus. Terminal 1 is connected to the bus via an LDT RS8 to allow detection on the TT bridge via Traincontroller.

I have two power districts (boosters) but all wiring to the TT is from one power district.

Alex

• 3 months later...

Hi guys

I'm hoping you can give me some basic wiring help with a new 89121 Turntable.

The TT is at the end of a fiddle yard in which all tracks ( 4 ) are all already live DCC tracks. There are no tracks leading out the otherside of the TT , so no storage roads that need to be made live.

Having installed the TT, and connected terminals 3 and 4 to the power bus, and also plugged in the larger wire from TT to the blue control box, everything seems live. At this stage I have not connected terminals 1 and 2 to anything.

A loco runs on and off the bridge into the fiddle yard perfectly well.

The control box is showing what appears to be 8888, and I'm concerned as to what to do next. The TT does not revolve, I assume because I haven't done something simple as yet.??

Your help would be appreciated please.

Bob

According to the wiring diagram Fig. 3 on Page 3 of the manual terminals 1 and 2 need to be connected to the booster output (or terminals 3 &4) for DCC operation, so I would complete your wiring to match before going any further.

Followed the instructions and all is working fine.

Thanks

Bob

Hi bob,

I would be interested to know how well the T/T keeps alignment. I had a Heljan Traverser and was constantly having to re calibrate it so have been wary about buying the T/T. So much so that I've almost finished building my own from a PECO kit and an Arduino Microcontroller.

Ray.

Hi bob,

I would be interested to know how well the T/T keeps alignment. I had a Heljan Traverser and was constantly having to re calibrate it so have been wary about buying the T/T. So much so that I've almost finished building my own from a PECO kit and an Arduino Microcontroller.

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Its not mine.........its my pals, but I'll let you know how he gets on with it.

Bob.

Archived