4mm Edwardian figures

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Then it's collar 'im tight,

In the name o' the Lawd!

'Ustle 'im, shake 'im till 'e's sick!

Wot, 'e would, would 'e? Well,

Then yer've got ter give 'im 'Ell,

An' it's trunch, trunch, truncheon does the trick.

• Like 1

Then it's collar 'im tight,

In the name o' the Lawd!

'Ustle 'im, shake 'im till 'e's sick!

Wot, 'e would, would 'e? Well,

Then yer've got ter give 'im 'Ell,

An' it's trunch, trunch, truncheon does the trick.

I prefer the other sort of policeman ...

When a felon's not engaged on his employment ....

• Like 2

When the foeman bears his steel, they uncomfortable feel ...

In this case it's the Nottinghamshire constabulary practising their "Tarantaras", while the Sergeant, from Hampshire, fears there is too great a stress on the risks that on him press, yet feels that perhaps it would be wise not to carp or criticise...

Both 1890s.

Thus I should think that these Modelu figures will be pretty well suitable for the 1890s through to the 1950s/60s. I should think that fire brigade uniforms style had similar longevity. Military and civilian dress would, of course, have changed many times over such a time span.

post-25673-0-53884500-1541851017.jpg

post-25673-0-42738400-1541851418.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

When the foeman bears his steel, they uncomfortable feel ...

In this case it's the Nottinghamshire constabulary practising their "Tarantaras", while the Sergeant, from Hampshire, fears there is too great a stress on the risks that on him press, yet feels that perhaps it would be wise not to carp or criticise...

Both 1890s.

Thus I should think that these Modelu figures will be pretty well suitable for the 1890s through to the 1950s/60s. I should think that fire brigade uniforms style had similar longevity. Military and civilian dress would, of course, have changed many times over such a time span.

I would agree.  The constable below is from a now defunct wargaming range that depicts a constable in early WWII.  He is a bit tall and needed his gas mask box removing from his back but otherwise is the same as in 1890s.

post-11508-0-61912400-1541854031_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisN
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

I think we may be seeing new releases from Andrew Stadden soon. 

Mr Stadden indicated in an email exchange last year that the was going over to 3D print masters and that new Edwardian/Victorian  figures were on the way.  Until I have not seen this reflected on the website. Perhaps not too long to wait now?

Link

• Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just seen this today on the A C Stadden web site

https://www.acstadden.co.uk/post/take-your-seats-please

He says he has a 1860s coach compartment that he is working to, and that it seems quite small.  I certainly think they were.  Hopefully not too long now before the figures arrive. 

I get the impression he has been learning 3D CAD for a couple of years, and as a military sculpter there was some famous anniversary that kept him busy last year but he is now working on figures for railways again.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 2 weeks later...

He, like many of the Small Suppliers, probably has to balance sales, production, packaging, dispatching, invoicing, etc. with promoting the range, designing and developing new models, etc.

All we have to do is to buy and use them.

• Agree 4