Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Sunshine Coast.......R.I.P

Mulberry Modeller

I'm afraid I have to be the bearer of bad news, and inform you all that last night, Sunshine Coast/Trev of this forum (as well as other forums) passed away up at the local hospice.

Two years ago he was diagnosed with cancer, and the future of his life put into uncertainty.  He battled on though, wanting no fuss over it, and eager to keep the customers of his model shop, down here at Eastbourne, happy, as well as also enjoying what spare time he had with his good lady, Sue, travelling about in their motorhome.  During the past few years he also became a keen volunteer down at Tinkers Parks "Great Bush Railway", and it was here that he managed to spend one of his last ventures out the other weekend (the stubborn that he was, he was determined to go despite how poorly he felt).

Many of us have lost a true friend in Trev, as he did bring Sunshine to the lives of many a modeller, as you'd walk out of his shop, especially on a wet dismal day, feeling truly inspired.  And, if you was lucky, you'd also walk out feeling refreshed after having one of Trev's cups of tea, specially stirred with a screwdriver he always had knocking about on the counter.

I'm not too sure what else to say, but would like to see this thread as a tribute to him, so if you've any tales of the man to share, do please tell all.

And I'll leave the last words to Trev himself........

....."live every day as if it were your last, and also as if you will live forever" .....

Rest in peace, Trev.

Best wishes

David, or as you always fondly called me when I entered the shop.........Puds!

•  

Only met Trev the once. Nice guy. Most helpful to me as I tracked down the location of a picture of my Grandfather on Eastbourne beach from 1900. The mug of tea was most welcome as the day was bitter.

Sadly missed.

• RMweb Gold

So sorry to hear this sad news. Trev was a gent of the highest order. I only met him once - at the first Member's Day in Derby and bought once from his shop over the phone. His passing will leave a big hole in the community that will be difficult to fill.

I'm sure he's in the sun somewhere, R.I.P. Trev

• RMweb Premium

So sorry to hear this sad news - as Ian mentions above, Trev and Puds came all the way from Eastbourne to the first members day back in 2007 when we were only a few hundred members. I was amazed that people had been willing to travel so far to our little Community Centre in Mickleover (Derby) to meet up with Andy and others who until then had just been names on a computer screen - but we were all friends - and now we are one less. Condolences to Sue.

Mike

Many thanks to everyone who has commented.  The funeral is to take place this coming Friday morning, 10.45 at Eastbourne Crematorium.  Should anyone be wishing to make a donation to the local hospice, of which is what Trev and Sue requested, then it is St Wilfrids Hospice, Eastbourne, or alternatively you can contact me via PM for more information.

Once again, many thanks for all your comments, I will be passing them on to Sue in due course.

Kind regards

David

Hi All,

Really sorry to hear this - he was a frequent commenter on Little Didcot in the early days and he will be much missed by all of us here. My condolences to his family on the passing of a very pleasant and friendly gentleman.

All the best,

Castle

• 2 months later...

I only just received this sad news via Mike Pannell in the USA. Trev was a great mate, & I for one will really miss the opportunity of once more spending a convivial hour or two rummaging round the back of the shop & chatting, while Mrs Brucie & the daughters  hit the high street emporia.

Trev could always be relied upon to turn up something interesting, & in my early days also helped me fill up a somewhat sparse trade stand with appropriate oddments from his eclectic stock.

He will be very much missed in this corner of Sussex..... Shame I didn't hear soon enough to come & say goodbye properly...

Archived