Invicta to produce ex-Modelzone Ltd. Eds.

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Faded blue has been done before by Bachmann on a class 08 that was released some years ago for their collectors' club. It is very good, and I've been hoping that they would repeat it again. I may have to investigate the 24.

True but in that case it portrayed a chemically weathered (washing plant very pale blue) rather than sun bleached blue I believe. The later would look good on a Warship (hint)

• RMweb Gold

I have now started weathering my D5000. I believe that the exhaust port needs moving and changing for a round one but tars a future alteration when I can get a suitable replacement exhaust grille.

I have fitted NEM Kadees number 19's but they may be just a little too short.

I hope to have this loco running on Star Lane at its first show in Barrow In Furness in October.

Ian

post-1557-0-81141700-1377153262_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I have now started weathering my D5000. I believe that the exhaust port needs moving and changing for a round one but tars a future alteration when I can get a suitable replacement exhaust grille.

I have fitted NEM Kadees number 19's but they may be just a little too short.

I hope to have this loco running on Star Lane at its first show in Barrow In Furness in October.

Ian

Coming along nicely.

The #19 Kadees should be just fine unless you want to propel round tight reverse curves - the sprung buffers will actually get some work to do!

John

• RMweb Gold

Just had a call from nice guy at Invicta (said he used to be on the staff at SB Rochester so good he now has a job at Invicta) advising that the Cl.20s have arrived.

Funny but this morning I was thinking of getting a D5000 as well but did nothing about it.......but when Invicta just phoned would not have been right not to order a D5000.....

Just got to wait for postie to arrive middle of next week.

Keith

Faded blue has been done before by Bachmann on a class 08 that was released some years ago for their collectors' club. It is very good, and I've been hoping that they would repeat it again. I may have to investigate the 24.

The recent 25 279 also had the faded treatment - I agree it would also be an excellent treatment for the Warship!

• RMweb Gold

Just had a call from nice guy at Invicta (said he used to be on the staff at SB Rochester so good he now has a job at Invicta) advising that the Cl.20s have arrived.

Funny but this morning I was thinking of getting a D5000 as well but did nothing about it.......but when Invicta just phoned would not have been right not to order a D5000.....

Just got to wait for postie to arrive middle of next week.

Keith

Didn't have long for the postie to arrive:

post-586-0-29844900-1377688190.jpg

....adds some colour to the layout

Keith

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody's answering the phones today. I pre-ordered one of the re-railing equipment coaches, but haven't had any call yet. 

Neither have I so it may be that they have quite a list to work through. If I haven't heard by the middle of next week I'll chase it up. At least unlike MZ they're all in one place so no trying to chase one around the country...... 

Nobody's answering the phones today. I pre-ordered one of the re-railing equipment coaches, but haven't had any call yet. 

Hi Jenny

I was lucky and at the second attempt today spoke to a chap that "fills in", he said that the phone has rung off the hook all day - it's been a busy week and they've contacted and dispatched as many pre-orders as possible but the owners are also packing for the show @ Barrow Hill tomorrow. He was able to confirm my QQV pre-order is in stock and take payment - will be sent out Monday PM. Give them a ring on Monday.

Regards,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived