Remains of the North British in Northumberland

• RMweb Premium

I'm afraid I don't have many of the NBR in Northumberland. But I found this one of the remains of the Border Counties bridge at Hexham. The stumps are very well known and often photographed, and I'm only posting it because it's rare to see a view from the north side of the river. I have no idea how we got to that side, but I'm guessing it was taken on the same presumably cycling trip with my father in the early 1980s that also took us to Longwitton (see last page). 

post-708-0-22655700-1494223353_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hello Dave, following our telephone conversation earlier, I have started digging out images from my collection.

This one 29 Sept 1963. 

Ernie

Very nice, thank you. 43129 would of course be back on the 9th November 1963, considerably more bulled-up, for the Wansbeck Wanderer tour. See this site, which also has plans of Rothbury station: 

https://www.railscot.co.uk/Northumberland_Central_Railway/index.php

Is that an ex-NER push-pull carriage on the extreme left of the picture? 

• RMweb Premium

The second is on the line from Morpeth to Woodburn. I believe this is Meldon, now a private residence but with  the platform still very much in evidence.

ArthurK

That is Meldon, The next station westwards, Angerton has a very similar design building which is also a private residence. Meldon is one station I've had in the back of my mind to model for a good few years.

• 2 years later...
On 08/05/2017 at 07:08, Daddyman said:

I'm afraid I don't have many of the NBR in Northumberland. But I found this one of the remains of the Border Counties bridge at Hexham. The stumps are very well known and often photographed, and I'm only posting it because it's rare to see a view from the north side of the river. I have no idea how we got to that side, but I'm guessing it was taken on the same presumably cycling trip with my father in the early 1980s that also took us to Longwitton (see last page). 

post-708-0-22655700-1494223353_thumb.jpg

A picture of the Railway Bridge over the River Tyne .

IMG_2487.JPG.72901b52919062834b222edda1bc6a92.JPG

• Like 4