Heads up on a new OO Scale Met Bo-Bo loco

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

Hi gang, I know we have heard through the grapevine that the Met Bo-Bo was going to be produced but nothing seemed to be heard, same as the so called Bachmann "S" Stock. Heard from a extremely well informed guy that EFE are planning to produce the Met loco anytime soon, but here is the surprise, Bachmann are now the suppliers of EFE and Gilbow models!!!

Hopefully this information is correct, but we will have to wait and see.

Julian Sprott

Bachmann announced that they'd taken over distribution of Gilbow/EFE models over a month ago. Have a look at their web site, that's how I found out about it.

EDIT: Also it is worth noting that Bachmann do make it clear that they do not have the sole distribution rights and point out that Gilbow will continue to serve their existing trade customers.

If Gilbow do release a static model of the Metrovic Bo-Bo in the next few months I can't help thinking that they're a year too late to get the maximum commercial benefit. Also if you're hoping that it is going to be an off the shelf RTR version it would, AFAIK, be the first RTR model that Gilbow have ever released. The best hope will be that Bachmann use the body shell to produce a motorised version, as i've already suggested in another thread that they could do likewise on the '38 and '59 Tube Stock.

Archived