Class 20 "chopper" new and old photos...

Unexpected Choppers on a day out in London!

49880610733_6f26b61e5b_h.jpg20007 + 20142 1Z36 Quainton Road - Marylebone by Steadfast Fotography, on Flickr

BR green 20007 leads London Transport maroon 20142 'Sir John Betjeman' into London Marylebone working 1Z36 from Quainton Road. The pair had the London Transport 4-TC and 33012 in tow.

Jo

• Like 11

22 hours ago, Owd Bob said:

Mid' 1980's at Springs Branch Wigan. Taken when the 20's & 56's first appeared here for use on the MGR Bickershaw to Fiddlers Ferry.

1-3-2018_05920_(2).jpg

I'm curious as to exactly where this is. Looks like a red departmental coach parked on a siding perpendicular to the running lines, at the back of a row of houses. Can't place that in my mind from the layout of Springs Branch.

The tipper truck up high on what looks like some kind of platform is interesting too.

• Like 3

Ince Cemetary and the road bridge over the WCML is to the left just off this pic' the Red coach is on the old Springs Branch line/sidings. The Green wagon is up on ramps whilst it gets a jet spray the bloke who lived at the end terrace used to deal in used trucks and did them up a bit before selling them on, the Orange truck cab near the coach looks like a Foden?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

Guide Bridge 1983

40093+40164+20154 Guide Bridge 6-04-1983

What a great picture..... Spent a considerable time of my youth here, sadly all gone now apart from two roads .... Diesel & Electric heaven.

Probably about 18 months earlier and the sidings would have been full of Class 76's..... Oh what you would give for a time machine.

Jim

Edited by jcarta
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1