Lord & Butler, Cardiff

Danemouth

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Din said:

Any idea which section the collection is coming under? I wouldn't mind browsing the LNWR and MR sections...

Hi Din, 

I would suggest a call to the shop. The website is not updated as of yet. 

They will email a list to you. 

Rob. 

• Like 4

@DinOh OK then, here's one cabinet of a selection LMS/MR locos. As @NHY 581 has said, please call the shop on 02 920 667 225 as I haven't had any updates as to what may be available for purchase:

IMG-20210904-WA0014.jpg.fa23d75de04b6a56341636171d6ebeb6.jpg

Cheers,

Philip

Edited by Philou
  • Like 3

Having spoken with Peter a few minutes ago (11:30 06/01/2022), I can confirm that the models can only be purchased by personal callers due to the fragile nature of the models and their fine finish - they are very, very good (see above) - and he wants to avoid any possible damage to them via post or courier.

Earlier, I mentioned EM gauge locos (I shall re-axle the one I have), there are only about half-a-dozen, the rest are 00. In amongst them are locos built/painted by Larry Goddard and Alan Gibson to name a few.

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

On 04/01/2022 at 21:38, NHY 581 said:

Hi Phillip. 

By way of clarity, the phone number above seems to have been tinkered with by a couple of mischievous pixies. 

Should read.....

02920 667 225

Regards postage etc, this needs to be clarified with Peter. I'll give him a ring tomorrow and update here. The three that I have acquired are all boxed. Where possible, Peter and Adrian are re uniting the locos with their original boxes. My 0330 box tells me that it was built in July 2008 which is nice to know. 

Rob. 

Rob, to be exceedingly pedantic, given that the dialling code for Cardiff is 029 and Cardiff phone numbers have 8 digits, it should be:

029 2066 7225  (it is correctly shown thus on the L&B website)

Nick M.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Wuggie Norple said:

Rob, to be exceedingly pedantic, given that the dialling code for Cardiff is 029 and Cardiff phone numbers have 8 digits, it should be:

029 2066 7225  (it is correctly shown thus on the L&B website)

Nick M.

To be fair Rob's numbers were correct and the location of spaces is completely irrelevant when dialling.

What was worth correcting was the incorrect number which wouldn't have reached L&B spaces or no spaces. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1