Lord & Butler, Cardiff

Danemouth

Just before Christmas I took the other half down.

She had a quiet word with Peter, was whisked of to a quiet corner and she came back all smiles - obviously she's easily satisfied !.

She was clutching something that she refused to show me - I've heard that one before !.

I later had a little something in my stocking - Fishnet or otherwise ?

Rob

I can't speak too badly of her indoors either - surprised me with a G.F.Y.E. Brush Type 4 - how did she know ?

Brian R

• 1 month later...

Went into L & B today and was immediately shown their new views taken inside the shop for Google Maps:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps?layer=c&z=17&sll=51.456889,-3.198776&cid=17544460818171128895&panoid=g-LrBXEsJ8cAAAAGOyA0oA&cbp=13,120.1562089365807,,0,0&q=lord+and+butler&sa=X&ei=D3DyUtPOOJGDhQePpIDABw&sqi=2&ved=0CI0BEKAfMAs

"Castle Works" by Naturol of this parish was on display in the shop at the time the Google people took the photos,

Usual caveat applies,

Dave

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant service from L& B. Ordered their Ltd Ed 416 EMU via ebay BIN yesterday morning. Dispatch was confirmed in a couple of hours, goods received this morning by Royal Mail Special Delivery. That is excellent by anyones standards.

First time I've used them and am well pleased.

John

• 1 month later...

Cardiff Bus (Bws Caerdydd) services 92, 93, 94 use Penarth Road and pass The Pump House, and L&B.

In the centre of the city, busses to various destinations, terminate at a variety of locations - as opposed to just the Central Bus Station.

If you were coming up from Cardiff Bay on say a No.8, I don't know where that stops in the centre, and how you'd change to a 92/93/94.

This is what Cardiff Bus consider progress - reading the letters page(s) in the South Wales Echo suggests the passengers/customers hold different views

Any wonder why I use ATW instead ?

Brian R

PS

Don't know where you are staying in 'the bay' but consider the train from Bute Road aka Cardiff Bay to Queen St. change to a Barry or Penarth sevice and get off at Grangetown. Turn left at the foot of the station steps and follow Penarth Road - walking time 10-15mins max.

Edited by br2975

I'm in Cardiff for a couple of days and am thinking of calling in. Can any locals advise me about what bus to catch from the Bay?

Thanks.

Branchie.

Hi Branchie

I would catch the train from the bay to Queen St, then any Penarth or Barry service as far as Grangetown, turn left out of the station and it is a 10 min walk up the road.

Ian

Hi Branchie

I would catch the train from the bay to Queen St, then any Penarth or Barry service as far as Grangetown, turn left out of the station and it is a 10 min walk up the road.

Ian

The Penarth and Barry buses also go past the shop, I believe. Services 92/93/94. Not sure where they currently start from/pass in relation to Central or Queen Street.

Thanks for all the advice gents. I buckled under the pressure and just got a taxi to the shop. The walk back to the Bay was interesting!

I must say what a cracking shop this is - a huge range with competitive prices. I was very impressed and will definitely be back (when down from the north ... )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A lot of things I've recently bought have been only slightly more than the box shifters are offering them for, without having to pay postage, of course. I'm often working close to there, so very pleased.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Digital

Called here today.

Great shop, very well stocked and really helpful staff.

Will defiantly call again next time we come down to Cardiff.

John.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have a email address for them?

I've no phone signal at the moment, so email is the only option.

Regards

When I was in the shop last week something was said about a new email address but I don't know what it is :(

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Is their website down? I was casually browsing for their WR blue-grey Pullman (just academic interest of course). I've bought their excellent weathered presflos from them in the past, and it was operational then.

Neil

It looks like it's out of action at the mo - I was looking for the same last night as I wanted to point someone in just that direction who didn't think Bachmann would ever do it. 

I've had a good look at one and the finish is as good as the factory and the weathered option is better than factory weathering.

WP1s.jpg

WP2s.jpg

And probably at a lower price than Bachmann could produce one for now.

• Like 8

Is their website down? I was casually browsing for their WR blue-grey Pullman (just academic interest of course). I've bought their excellent weathered presflos from them in the past, and it was operational then.

Neil

Their web-site's been down since before they moved into their new premises, as far as I'm aware.