Coombe Viaduct, Saltash and the Royal Albert Bridge

Kris

The viaduct design has given me some ideas. The viaduct I may go for is at Mansfield, and is north east of the current station. West of the station in the 50’s and 60’s was goods sidings, and further along was a TMD for steam. 

Lovely work. I may come back to you to ask you for a bit more detail on the viaduct structure itself once I get the room sorted? 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andy_C said:

The viaduct design has given me some ideas. The viaduct I may go for is at Mansfield, and is north east of the current station. West of the station in the 50’s and 60’s was goods sidings, and further along was a TMD for steam. 

Lovely work. I may come back to you to ask you for a bit more detail on the viaduct structure itself once I get the room sorted? 

Come back whenever you want, I will do my best to answer the questions. Having just googled the viaduct at Mansfield, that's a big structure. Looks like the ground level may have been built up in recent years to shorten it. 

9 hours ago, Kris said:

Come back whenever you want, I will do my best to answer the questions. Having just googled the viaduct at Mansfield, that's a big structure. Looks like the ground level may have been built up in recent years to shorten it. 

Hi,

It indeed is. I’m not sure I’d want to have it’s complete length in the layout. More thinking needed, I think. It will be a couple of months before I start, so I have time. 

Thanks again,

Andy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Things have been very stationary on this for some time now. One of the things that I feel has held this layout back is not having a fiddle yard that would fit into the shed. As such I have not been able to run the layout, something that is never good for the mojo. In the last couple of weeks however I have started to fiddle again. I have been planning how to create a fiddle yard. This requires a complete rejig of the shed to make things fit. I have managed to get some of this sorted out today. 

To help with the fiddle yard, I had a bit of luck about a year ago picking up over 30 electro frog medium radius points for £50. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
On 31/01/2022 at 18:33, Kris said:

Things have been very stationary on this for some time now. One of the things that I feel has held this layout back is not having a fiddle yard that would fit into the shed. As such I have not been able to run the layout, something that is never good for the mojo. In the last couple of weeks however I have started to fiddle again. I have been planning how to create a fiddle yard. This requires a complete rejig of the shed to make things fit. I have managed to get some of this sorted out today. 

To help with the fiddle yard, I had a bit of luck about a year ago picking up over 30 electro frog medium radius points for £50. 

Good luck with the progress on the fiddle yard. Will be good to see pictures of the progress it’s a great layout. Looking forward to seeing more. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, GWRPhil said:

Hi any update on the layout?

Not much to say really. Work has stolen all of my time for the past year now. I have been trying to rebuild some of the track and build boards to get round to a full circuit but progress is glacial.   

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4