1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Aonther member converting Turbostar to Electrostar............ :O

http://sandwichashfordmodelrailway.weebly.com/1/post/2013/07/electrostar-375-project-update-2.html

Very kind off you to mention me David and will add the latest update link below hopefully spur us on to get them completed!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/71320-sandwich-ashford-model-railway/page-2&do=findComment&comment=1223281

All the best with yours and can't wait for your version of the 375 :D

Cheers :)

can't wait for your version of the 375

My time is very limited,with my modeling..........it may take awhile,but will supply pics.at each stage, mistakes included...........along with progress of other project's,

on the 4 sections of Dover.

I may.......get to... Wharley,  for a deserved week.end break,with an overnight stay,.......Sat.night.......... :scratchhead:

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Morning,......... :sungum:

After searching..........I purchased these at Warley, yesterday.

11023980714_3307d06818.jpg

This is about the closest, I am going to get,to model this.................. :paint:

10696053775_0a0677938d.jpg

The trip up to Warley from Dover, was well worth the time, caught up with freinds, Richard Johnstone and Pete from Australia,

Kal & Jaz......Anthony,John, Gavin, Brian II...........and all traders' I know........

Bye for now...........

• Like 3

dt

It was great catching up. And nice putting a face to other people we have not 'met' before. The biggest complaint I have about Warley is not only is the food overpriced but much of it is not even good food. Portion sizes were a total joke. Too late I noticed the Presto Pasty which was not overly exorbitant and looked good.

We didn't have enough time in one day to peruse all the layouts. It's too far to go back. But we did have a good day with the traders. fiddled through the unpacked items at Langley models picking and choosing parts of sets I was interested in. I drooled past ten commandments, but at the present still have loads of their stuff to find a home on the layout (this will happen as the scenery is replaced) I finally tracked down dart castings (and Monty model Railways) and went mad. Kal found a train or two and got a bargain saving 30£ at Kernow stall (just covered our tickets!!!)  A lot of the traders I am interested in do our local shows, so I doubt I would travel there again. But all in all an experience. 

Nice seeing you there always a pleasure to have a chin wag,

While at Warley,mid afternoon,last Saturday,I was able to get to see and have a chat with....................

Questions of hand building these, were directed to Norman

1.  This is the real scissors crossing,just south of Dover Priory.
9892223163_15252b43e1.jpg

3.  This is the model layout of the scissors crossing,it has been all taken up for laying a new scissors.

9454711471_9ce61692a9.jpg

9385252740_378b6332ab.jpg
9454711875_d10447f04a.jpg

So, we are now a week on, taking all of Norman's, discussion, into consideration, plus time,method of build and cost.......
I am leaving it the way,it has been planned/laid in the above pics...............
If, I were to do the layout again, I would definately,handbuild the trackwork, and not use standard manufactured felxi-track..........
Edited by David Todd
  • Like 2

Hi

I don't know why complicated track work excites me so, may it is a childhood renaissance, dreaming where all those different tracks might go to, what wondrous locations they may lead.

I love the scissor crossing, I will have to find an excuse for one somewhere. Looking good dt.

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

Honestly, dt, the effect you have managed with Photo 3... you should be really happy with that!  Yes, hand made might be "better" but on a pfaff-to-improvement ratio, I'd imagine it's a diminishing return.

Very nice - use as is.

Cheers

Scott