1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Those lights look spot on David, really good.

Looking back to your earlier posts, I too was amazed how compact the layout is. You don't get that feel at all from closer pics and your videos.

Oh, and I spotted you've got a turning triangle... Nice!

Cheers,

Al.

I used these........... :drag:          Richard's,.......            Platform Lamps..

post-13585-0-03961900-1417816894.jpg

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 4

Moorings,          How is everyone ?

spent awhile fitting lower supports', to the fence panelling,for the extension to platform 1.

Then giving it all a last layer of weathering and gluing in place....

attachicon.gifP1170082(1).JPG

attachicon.gifP1170086(1).JPG

attachicon.gifP1170084(1).JPG

Morning, David. Trust you are well. Not too wonderful, myself, but elderly physical trifles are just to be born, I guess. You seem to keep similar hours to me - up at 5.30 and checking for posts; although to get even a little bit of modelling done my browsing is limited, sadly.

The concrete is looking good, as is the grunge beneath. It must be good modelling the contemporary scene, and having the prototype to hand. Interestingly, I've become more into (green) diesels of late. I recently put diesels on everything: 25 on down goods-loop, DMU on down-slow, a 40 on down-fast, a Deltic on up-fast, and a 37 on a lengthy-ish van-train on the up-slow. I watched them grumble around my oval for a while and felt wonderfully tranquil. I realised that the controlled explosions - complete with massive exhaust - that are steam-locos, suddenly, running silently, they were less satisfactory... Odd.

Regards, Tony.

I didn't realise, you posted after 7.00 - lazy bones! ;)

Later Edit: It occurred to me that my list might sound boastful. It's not. It's just four loops of track and beggar-all else, although there just might be a tiny piece of scenic structure in the New Year. (wishful thinking)

Edited by Brass0four
  • Like 3

Thank You, both for posting, I feel a little less, isolated, being the closest person (almost),to the European Mainland.

Will reply, later this evening.

So far..........with a bit more to do..... :drag:

post-13585-0-62329300-1418154449_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-32778300-1418154627_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Dave,

Your modelling is going very well, results are very realistic.

I have been keeping an eye on your progress, but been busy on prep for early retirement at the end of this month.

I hope to return to modelling in the new year.

All the best.

It is about time   ....................    

Getting there, slowly......... :drag:

attachicon.gifP1170078(1).JPG

someone had a word with the Yard Supervisor    .........................       and tell him to get that filthy truck down to the spray wash    ...............    it is just the sort of thing that lets a Depot down    ......     :nono:

Moorings',

How is your Wind today....................where you live ?       Don't fly a kite today, if you live up north....... :drag:

I as I said in the title,  the Priory station staff, may well be a little disappointed in me, in the way

I have "finished off",(nearly), the northern extension to Platform 1.

You can see from the real pic's that the grasses/mosses,  not not exist, the platform's are swept on a regular basis.

So I took modellers' licence, added that, for some colour,as I was getting fed up with grey's.

post-13585-0-83535500-1418197834_thumb.jpg 

post-13585-0-51579700-1418197839_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-73161300-1418197842_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-22615200-1418197847_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-43181400-1418197850_thumb.jpg

Will take it down and place it on the layout,later today.

Must start using my tripod and camera timer,as the pic's are a bit shaky... :drag:

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I can confirm that it's windy oop north :) And cold with it...

I think the Priory staff would doubtless let you off with a bit of artistic licence, as you have captured the essence of the station perfectly.

Al.

I can confirm that it's windy oop north :) And cold with it...

I think the Priory staff would doubtless let you off with a bit of artistic licence, as you have captured the essence of the station perfectly.

Al.

I really like this......attention to detail pays off :sungum:

I do miss thing's,occasionally and have to recheck though...........

Attention to detail 1                                                    Attention to detail 2

I can confirm it's even windier, even further up north than Al... Was horrible walking the dog last night - even though it was less cold than the night before, the wind chill factor made it seem sub-zero, that with the added driving rain made me glad to get home.

Anyway, on to the platforms - I think artistic license is more than acceptable and as long as the greenery isn't overdone (which it isn't) then the splash of colour is a welcome touch.

I'm going to need to add some mosses to the signal box ramp and roof yet :)