1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Setting up Absolute Aspects,model, inside Harbour Tunnel, approaching Dover Priory from the South,(seafront/Ashford).

I cannot find any photos of this signal.

So it was made for me by Matt @ AA.

at present, it's supply, like the other signals; on DP,are now run off a 3volt dc power supply. I am hoping to go dcc,one day.

The control switches, there are 3.

1 rotary switch, which gives, Red, Yellow and Green.

1. On/off/On switch,which gives, 2.ground whites, off position, Numeral 3,on a dot matrix

1. On/off/On switch which gives  2.ground whites, off position, Numeral 1. on a dot matrix.

25087093290_263b63e80b_b.jpg

by ferriesdover, on Flickr

25087093150_f7588b58f4_b.jpg

25289687101_e1c0746e41_b.jpg

Scissors Crossing is set to direct,into Platform 1

25289687071_902105a8ef_b.jpg

LH point,before scissors,is set to Platform 3 (loop).

24755997923_e81dbcc4c6_b.jpg

• Like 6

To continue with the Harbour Tunnel aspect.

The  "Green Only" aspect, informs the driver,approaching on the "down" from Ashford,that, the scissors,is set to "through" and the train is for Platform 2.

25289687101_e1c0746e41_b.jpg

The numeral 1.indicator,combined with the two white ground indicators, inform's the driver,

scissicor's set to divert,platform 1, White indicators, inform, of platform 1,"Occupancy"

24755999003_2964874fac_b.jpg

The numeral 3. indicator, combined with the two white ground indicators, inform's the driver,

that the LH point,before the scissor's is set,for platform 3, the white indicator's  inform of "Occupancy".

But, this would be a rare event.

25356546816_efb430846c_b.jpg

• Like 3

I'd like a piece of tin nailed to the side of the tunnel with some number on it - which is too big!

So the train strikes it as it passes through. Like this:

...Jalum jalum...jalum jalum...jalum jalum...nnnnnnNNNNNnnnnnn ....to the far end.

Then you could have men standing, holding pickaxes, golf clubs, anything they can get hold of.

They're ready to bend the the tin back again, ready to strike the next train as it passes through the tunnel...

Back to the asylum

:senile: 

dh

I understand dh may be changing his Avatar and Username   .................................

I'd like a piece of tin nailed to the side of the tunnel with some number on it - which is too big!

...Jalum jalum...jalum jalum...jalum jalum...nnnnnnNNNNNnnnnnn ....to the far end.

Then you could have men standing, holding pickaxes, golf clubs, anything they can get hold of.

They're ready to bend the the tin back again, ready to strike the next train as it passes through the tunnel...

Back to the asylum

dh

.........................................    to a Caveman with a Wooden Club avatar  and Runs Amok, respectively  ........    :devil:  :devil:

Edited by jcredfer

Back to the asylum

dh

I understand dh may be changing his Avatar and Username   .................................

.........................................    to a Caveman with a Wooden Club avatar  and Runs Amok, respectively  ........    :devil:  :devil:

Must check, is it a Full Moon ?  or it could be the Meteor Shower,that is having this effect ?

Anyway, a full trip around the layout,is coming up soon, just editing it.

Hi David,

After looking at the pictures of DP48 (the tunnel signal), I had a look at the Panel Diagram and Control Tables for the signal at work this afternoon.

According to the control tables, there are 6 routes off DP48:

• A(M) Route reading up to DP42 (the Down Platform 3 Starter) with a main aspect and route indicator showing '3'
  • A© Route reading up to DP42 with a position light and route indicator showing '3'
  • B(M) Route reading up to DP44 (the Down Platform 2 Starter) with a main aspect only
  • B© Route reading up to DP44 with position light AND a route indicator showing '2'
  • C(M) Route reading up to DP46 (the Down Platform 1 Starter) with a main aspect and route indicator showing '1'
  • C© Route reading up to DP46 with a position light and route indicator '1'

So, not wishing to rain on your parade and lovely signal, it should be able to show a '2' legend in the route indicator and a position light. if you want to be fully prototypical.

White indicators, inform, of platform 1,"Occupancy"

It doesn't necessarily mean that the route ahead is occupied, in this it just means that not all the track circuits in the route can be proved to be clear and thus the driver should be cautious. The interlocking will check this as there is no separate call on route button on the panel.

Simon

Edited by St. Simon

Hi David,

After looking at the pictures of DP48 (the tunnel signal), I had a look at the Panel Diagram and Control Tables for the signal at work this afternoon.

According to the control tables, there are 6 routes off DP48:

•  
  • A(M) Route reading up to DP42 (the Down Platform 3 Starter) with a main aspect and route indicator showing '3'
  •  
  • A© Route reading up to DP42 with a position light and route indicator showing '3'
  •  
  • B(M) Route reading up to DP44 (the Down Platform 2 Starter) with a main aspect only
  •  
  • B© Route reading up to DP44 with position light AND a route indicator showing '2'
  •  
  • C(M) Route reading up to DP46 (the Down Platform 1 Starter) with a main aspect and route indicator showing '1'
  •  
  • C© Route reading up to DP46 with a position light and route indicator '1'
  •  

So, not wishing to rain on your parade and lovely signal, it should be able to show a '2' legend in the route indicator and a position light. if you want to be fully prototypical.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the route ahead is occupied, in this it just means that not all the track circuits in the route can be proved to be clear and thus the driver should be cautious. The interlocking will check this as there is no separate call on route button on the panel.

Simon

Thank you for taking the time to look at this Simon,much appreciated.

There are a couple of others,that need investigating, as to operation.

i.e.

Shunt signal at mouth of harbour tunnel

Shunt signal at mouth of Priory tunnel south.

Electrostar exits Priory tunnel.

25346855432_a768075d81_z.jpg

DP signals South,are now wired.

25156295140_468dd963f6_z.jpg

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 3

A few photos of the Electrostar 375/301. With Absolute Aspects, 1 led,3-colour signals.

Am awaiting Freebs to finish, platform 1 upgrade, before I do any thing major to DP.

25169723860_695996332f_z.jpg

25169725100_6dae1286bf_z.jpg

25156291710_ca2fed2035_z.jpg

25346866522_acbe758593.jpg

25169712390_9fd36fb721_z.jpg

25346855612_d95ba98b15_z.jpg

25346861632_50a278b046_z.jpg

25097739419_f316306c6d_z.jpg

• Like 7

Having been up to the   Dover Track/Seawall Repair site,   nearly every day,since the 3rd January.

The thought are turning to how to create the Back scene  from Celotex insulating board.

The pics shew the Celotex in it's vertical plane, I have angled it on the top,then can invert it,giving the rough angle required,

but this encroaches on the width of the layout well, by a couple of inches.

Obviously,the Celotex will not be at the same height it's full length will be approx 16/17 feet.

25473910666_3647614157_b.jpg

24906825653_4b7c2a3171_b.jpg

24869468534_51fd4d3191_b.jpg

25507382186_6888500a4a_b.jpg

25473948166_386f493d1e_b.jpg

24906744353_d813b41c54_b.jpg

25204487560_08458b6e3a_b.jpgP1290894 by ferriesdover, on Flickr

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 4

The photo's of the 375/3 look good with the new illuminated signalling; some shots are actually brilliant. It's a shame you can't mask out some of the light from the back of the tunnels.

I'd like to see a shot of it disappearing into Shakey tunnel with the tail lamps on. If you change the address on the power car you need to re-address every vehicle at the same time on the program track to make all the lights work properly....not sure how it's all done on the ECoS.......

I've been dying to see what you'll do with the chalk cliffs for ages........hopefully when I get round your drum next month you'll have something going on in this department....

I've got a shedload of 50mm and 75mm thick Knaufboard insulation (same stuff) left over from the house renovation. Don't get me wrong, I've never had the need to create any gargantuan God-like natural cliffs on the scale of yours, but...

To get the thickness you want, laminate together using normal PVA, two sheets at a time having removed the foil. Heavy books etc as weights. Give it a couple of says to go off. Removing the foil gives it a tendency to bend slightly but it's not an issue, you can flex it back again when fixing on the layout. When dry, I always use an old steak knife to butcher it into profile. Good luck. And there will be mess. Mucho mucho mess. Wear a mask.

• Like 1