1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Well, after missing a week,last Wed. night saw the last panel dressed by Lofty.

We now have a 16 foot continuous length of dressed Shakespeare Beach Cliffs.

Work is to be finished on the Shakespeare twin tunnel and other features at the start of the 10 chain curve.

The last panel to be dressed.

post-13585-0-96346300-1510312447_thumb.png

post-13585-0-85356400-1510312500_thumb.png

The completed run.

post-13585-0-44850600-1510312563_thumb.png

post-13585-0-34847900-1510312605_thumb.png

• Like 7

Last Century's     Ferrywagons.

38357704111_dc8ce97e27_k.jpgP1799691 by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

37643464944_74918e6bb8_k.jpgP1799716 by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

37643457964_984c1996b4_k.jpgP1799721 by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

24486114958_8fd48499d0_k.jpgP1799726 by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

26582380849_d889fe05d0_k.jpgP1799736 by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

38357659221_3de56f6b66_k.jpgP1799731 by David Todd 2012, on Flickr

• Like 11

Congrats on the whole Dover circuit coming together so convincingly now as a piece: the completion of the bravura cliff face and the long slog of counterfeiting 'reality' through DP.

Might I possibly request you post a complete circuit with your famous railborn camera in each direction please for us all to marvel at?

dh

That is truly a work of art David, and one of the greatest feats in landscape modelling I've seen. It's also nice to see the town yard clear for once. Ballasting next?

Hi David, truly amazing, I just wish that there was an award for such a stunning piece of work. All the best Adrian.

Very very good modeling David  .

Hello mr T

Fantastic piece of work, looks great!

Graham.

Absolutely stunning. Not going to be able to tell the difference with the real thing when it's ballasted - well done.

Rich

Stunning looking landscaping well done

Thank you for taking the time to post on the thread.

I ve had a suggestion,from Richard Johnson,of DCC Concepts,that I try out his "Legacy Ballast" product,

when I get around to doing it.

I have been following Jukeboxes layout build, Stockrington am impressed with the laying out of PVC.

post-13585-0-87271600-1510993128_thumb.png

• Like 3

Dover Town Yard.

attachicon.gifimage.png

A reminder of how busy it was; there were two, sometimes three, ferries per day, with about half-a-dozen freight services connecting with them. Features of interest in the photo, apart from the variety of wagons, include the Cartics being unloaded on to what was known as the Military Platform. This was linked by tunnel to the various barracks on the Western Heights, so that troop movements could be carried out without interfering with public traffic. The car traffic was loaded on to whatever ferry/hovercraft had spare capacity, then stored in compounds at Calais, Boulogne and Dunkerque. 

Congrats on the whole Dover circuit coming together so convincingly now as a piece: the completion of the bravura cliff face and the long slog of counterfeiting 'reality' through DP.

Might I possibly request you post a complete circuit with your famous railborn camera in each direction please for us all to marvel at?

dh

After a few attempts, over the last few hour's,this is the best I've come up with.

No excuses, not a lot,is fixed down permanently,hey but what is new. nothing.

So outer mainline,in the correct direction,trailing the camtruck.

No,it's not your eye's,  the lens is a fisheye.

http://youtu.be/PvxbDEKRLxM

• Like 12

Bravo!!!

It is astonishing how convincing the video seems entering DP out of the tunnel past the signal box.

Enjoyed all the ghostly lights on in the Pullman rake as we passed by.

And now please could we have the camera propelled on the other mainline in an anti clockwise direction?

(and I'd love to see it travelling westwards towards Shakespeare Cliff).

Can I suggest your model may interest film makers wishing to briefly cut in "vintage" train shots entering and leaving Dover.

Many years ago the Beeb filmed DH Lawrence "The Rainbow" at length in our scary old house. Daughter's bedroom was selected for a steamy lesbian scene. Literally so because they used a model of a saddle tank shunting a colliery yard outside the supposed mine-manager's house dangling down on a 3 ft by 2ft tray outside the window to be glimpsed in a second as Imogen Stubbs whipped the curtains open.

We were amazed how easily it fooled everyone.

dh

• Like 1

Bravo!!!

It is astonishing how convincing the video seems entering DP out of the tunnel past the signal box.

Enjoyed all the ghostly lights on in the Pullman rake as we passed by.

And now please could we have the camera propelled on the other mainline in an anti clockwise direction?

(and I'd love to see it travelling westwards towards Shakespeare Cliff).

Can I suggest your model may interest film makers wishing to briefly cut in "vintage" train shots entering and leaving Dover.

Many years ago the Beeb filmed DH Lawrence "The Rainbow" at length in our scary old house. Daughter's bedroom was selected for a steamy lesbian scene. Literally so because they used a model of a saddle tank shunting a colliery yard outside the supposed mine-manager's house dangling down on a 3 ft by 2ft tray outside the window to be glimpsed in a second as Imogen Stubbs whipped the curtains open.

We were amazed how easily it fooled everyone.

dh

I am not convinced,

Funny you should relate to that story,

Had a couple of friends around Saturday morning, one to take still photo's and a bit of video,

the other,to make up a storyboard.

Video 3. Shakespeare Tunnel.

http://youtu.be/xWQvZw0n5u4

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...