Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann have today announced that it is to produce a 00 scale ex London Brighton and South Coast Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

31-921 - 32424 "Beachy Head" BR Black Early Emblem

31-920 - 2426 'St. Albans Head" SR Olive Green

Planned delivery is during 2015

Although none are preserved a Replica of Beachy Head is currently being built on the Bluebell Railway.

I will post more details this evening.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

And people had suggested this would be an H class - but not an H2!

Thanks to Hornby, it should now be possible to accurately model the 9.44 West Worthing - Victoria and 5.40 p.m. return, which until 1933 was worked by 8-Set 469, all vehicles of which Hornby have modelled with correct vehicle numbers, although you might want to add a Pullman or two if you have the space.

I have a non-working H2 built from a Jidenco kit by a friend, no longer with us. I'll try to get a pic. 

• Like 1

Bachmann is on the ball.......It should keep the conversionists busy making GNR Large Atlantics. 

(Once again it shows the gap between a manufacturer that produces for modellers and one with an arm and leg in the toy market).

Edited by coachmann

This is my first posting.

Re the 'H2' announcement, I'm quite disappointed, I was so hoping for an 'H' to augment the lovely but hideously expensive 'M7' Hornby produce and the 00 Works loco I already have. Unfortunately, the 'H2' is just out of my layout's time frame, I missed it by 3 yrs or so. I started trainspotting in about 1956, but didn't really know what I was doing. In my time, the 'H2's usual job, the 'Newhaven Boat', was always hauled by one of Bulleid's electric CO-COs.

I hope though that the production of a 'Brighton' tender will later permit that company's goods engines to be made, specifically the 'C2X' and the beautiful 'K' mogul.    

Incidentally, Surrey the model shop I work in part time has already taken it's first order for a BR 'H2', so it looks like Bachmann may be onto a winner.

restoreboy.

• Like 3

Interesting, not too much of a leap from there to a GNR C1 Atlantic,...

What with Bachmann being on the ball and all that, I would hope some thought might be given to the model design such that the loco can appear as the GNR C1 with suitable part substitutions. And with the C1 being in the national collection and all, could we see an NRM issue?

...It should keep the conversionists busy making GNR Large Atlantics. 

Indeed, if they don't announce the C1, I'll be one of those busy carving away.

• Like 1

I think Bachmann is laying down foundations for future development with its low-motor 0-6-0 chassis (C class), the Compound chassis, 2-4-2T chassis and now the Atlantic chassis. A lot of experimentation must have gone into the last three chassis in order to see they are suitable for all markets. Good luck to them.

• Like 2

I think Bachmann is laying down foundations for future development with its low-motor 0-6-0 chassis (C class), the Compound chassis, 2-4-2T chassis and now the Atlantic chassis. A lot of experimentation must have gone into the last three chassis in order to see they are suitable for all markets. Good luck to them.

I couldnt agree more, and join with other comments about the fact that Bachmann are light years ahead of the nearest rivals in terms of locomotive choice and selection. Yes the H2 will be a fine model, but again Bachmann have found an engine that is one of the ones that when the railway was running it could be found on more mundane workings, or the occasional duty that was given to the class. What with this announcement Id hold off carving this release as the C1 is bound to feature later.

Personally Im hoping that the 0-6-0 chassis, compound and the not to be forgotten (and on my part very much prayed for) 0-8-0 are equally a part of future developments...

• RMweb Premium

I suspected for a long time a model of one of these was on the cards, but I thought it would have been announced once the replica had been completed.

However, I'm pleasantly surprised about its timing, as I'm living in a block of flats called St Albans. One of these could be winging its way into my collection.