Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

Bradley notes that on 1.1.1933, the day that the Brighton Main Line went electric, H1s 2037-41, and H2s 2421/2 were allocated to Eastbourne. While he does not mention their duties, the chances of a trip or two to Hastings in preceding years seem high. By the following Summer they had all moved away, 2038/9 to Newhaven for Continental duties, and the rest to NXG.

• RMweb Gold

And a little later, 1943, 2421-6 were sent to Ashford, where they worked through to Margate, Ramsgate and Tonbridge. The 1.15 p.m. Charing Cross - Dover was a regular working. They don’t seem to have stayed long, but all the same......

My one shall be working in '43/44 when presumably boat trains were suspended, the Brighton - Bournemouth service seems a pretty safe bet, that or perhaps Brighton - Portsmouth?

Plenty of troop trains though.

If someone can find me some solid documentation of troop trains potentially coming through Hove that'd be pretty awesome

Individual units of the military tended to record everything they did, most of these records are held in the TNA (The National archives formerly Public records office) but these will be organized by units and would take an awful lot of time to sift through. There "might" by a military section for troop movements by rail alone but I've never had need to search for that.

• Like 1

As well as having La France on display in the club lounge, there was a version of South Foreland with 2 of the birdcage set on display.  When I asked Bachmann about release dates, I was told both types will be released in 2019, as they intend to produce them together.

Colin

As well as having La France on display in the club lounge, there was a version of South Foreland with 2 of the birdcage set on display.  When I asked Bachmann about release dates, I was told both types will be released in 2019, as they intend to produce them together.

Colin

Yet the Bachmann Web site shows the ETA as September 2018 for both.  Hatton's optimistically seems to think they will have them July/August 18.

I assume that means Beachy head will be a 2019 release too? That's a bit of a shame, but still quicker than it would take for me to build one!

Edited by Jack P

Yet the Bachmann Web site shows the ETA as September 2018 for both.  Hatton's optimistically seems to think they will have them July/August 18.

I have South Foreland on order with Kernow's, and when I saw that they changed the delivery date from June/July to sometime in 2018 (!), I thought that I would ask Bachmann about it.  The H1 La France, I expected to come out in 2019.

Colin

• RMweb Gold

I have South Foreland on order with Kernow's, and when I saw that they changed the delivery date from June/July to sometime in 2018 (!), I thought that I would ask Bachmann about it.  The H1 La France, I expected to come out in 2019.

Colin

The Bachmann web-site http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/branchline-h1-class-atlantic-4-4-2-no-39-la-france-lbscr-31-910/ has ETA Sep-18.

Bachmann are at the York show so perhaps some further inf may emerge from those there...?

cheers,

Keith 

PS-- apols, I see this was stated above   :pardon:

Edited by tractionman

• RMweb Gold

just received from Hatton's

Hello

We thought you may like to know that an item you have on order with us has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Bachmann Branchline 31-910 http://www.hattons.co.uk/337520/Bachmann_Branchline_31_910_Class_H1_Atlantic_4_4_2_39_La_France_in_LB_SCR_umber/StockDetail.aspx £169.96

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between September 2018 & October 2018

Whilst we are hopeful this information is accurate, manufacturer lead times are frequently prone to be delayed. 

This information is to be used as a guide only.

We hope that this email has been useful.

Regards

Retail Team
Hattons Model Railways
www.hattons.co.uk

Edited by tractionman

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

.............. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZ ...... uh ! ........... anything happened on this thread recently ? .............................. nope ! ................. I'll go back to sleep then ..................... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz .................

No news is, well, no news...

• 3 months later...