Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

The BR H2 looks lovely but like others the detail under the cab looks rather 'flat' and I'm wondering if it is the same exact moulding as the GNR C1  ?

Which does look rather good...

attachicon.gif251_GNR_Img_1605a_r1200a.jpg

Maybe it's just the paint whick makes the diference and weathering might improve the BR H2's looks?

Beats me - there is a difference.

Beats me - there is a difference.

I think it's the lighting, and the GNR with lining and colour differences make it look better...   on the BR 32424 I think weathering might improve the look of the springs etc.

post-7929-0-21437800-1539893072_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-81069500-1539893100_thumb.jpg

I might be wrong but the mouldings and painting of the NRM GNR 251 look sharper.  But I'm nit-picking really. :)

Edited by robmcg

I think the mouldings are about the same however it looks like the H2 has had thicker paint applied to it than the C1, either way my C1 springs definitely look sharper as a whole than my H2

post-18430-0-70889400-1539936435_thumb.jpg

post-18430-0-19347000-1539936524_thumb.jpg

post-18430-0-20970100-1539936597_thumb.jpg

As a firm LNER man with the GWR coming a very close 2nd I would usually put the Southern behind the LMS but I think I prefer this H2 to the C1 there's just something I can't quite put my finger on

Thanks

Rhys

Edited by WD0-6-0
  • Like 6

I think the mouldings are about the same however it looks like the H2 has had thicker paint applied to it than the C1, either way my C1 springs definitely look sharper as a whole than my H2

attachicon.gif20181019_090657.jpg

attachicon.gif20181019_090828.jpg

attachicon.gif20181019_090110.jpg

As a firm LNER man with the GWR coming a very close 2nd I would usually put the Southern behind the LMS but I think I prefer this H2 to the C1 there's just something I can't quite put my finger on

Thanks

Rhys

The way the cylinders cut the C1 running plate gives the impression they were an afterthought ................................... obviously they weren't - but .........

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've had a H2 in Southern livery on order from Model Railways Direct for several months now.  A bit disappointing another week has gone by and still no sign of this model

arriving from China considering the BR version has been and gone for several weeks.   What is the hold up? I presume Hattons and Rails of Sheffield etc are still waiting for

this model also?

• RMweb Gold

The way the cylinders cut the C1 running plate gives the impression they were an afterthought ................................... obviously they weren't - but .........

I agree. In viewing engineering I suspect we are programmed to like continuous lines, be they straight or curved. The jump in the C1 footplate jars. The H1 will have the same effect, being Marsh’s first go, of course.

I've had a H2 in Southern livery on order from Model Railways Direct for several months now.  A bit disappointing another week has gone by and still no sign of this model

arriving from China considering the BR version has been and gone for several weeks.   What is the hold up? I presume Hattons and Rails of Sheffield etc are still waiting for

this model also?

I know the feeling, waiting for the H1. The question is will it arrive before the year end? If no, I,ll use the money to order another Bullied diesel.

I can't see either the H1 or H2 green on Bachmanns release list.

New updated availability list from yesterday 19 th of  October ,  on Bachmann site: H2 SR South Foreland mentioned as  out of stock, seems they arrived and all stock pre ordered by shops, so they will be there in the next few days? 

H1 La France as TBA, that can become a long time.

Edited by Cor-onGRT4

New updated availability list from yesterday 19 th of  October ,  on Bachmann site: H2 SR South Foreland mentioned as  out of stock, seems they arrived and all stock pre ordered by shops, so they will be there in the next few days? 

H1 La France as TBA, that can become a long time.

Curious. Everyone was saying due in October on the heels of the H2. If there is no news then it could mean production has been put off by at least a whole year!

I picked up my Beachy Head during the Bluebell's recent Giants of Steam Gala, and as Atlantic House was open to visitors... :)

post-101-0-34176500-1540580827.jpg

The model gives a good idea of what the full size reproduction will look like and Bachmann are to be congratulated for producing another fine version of a Brighton engine.

Regards,

Dan

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Curious. Everyone was saying due in October on the heels of the H2. If there is no news then it could mean production has been put off by at least a whole year!

Inf here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138683-Bachmann-explain-unforeseen-delay-issue/

suggests it's in transit.

Cheers,

Keith

Didn't really have time for a play with mine before I went on holiday. But now I'm back, it has been fitted with a Lenz Silver and has been pottering around Gurney Slade quite happily with 5 Maunsell's on. Copes with the 1:40 gradient between levels without slipping and as this is the maximum load I envisage for it, I'm quite happy with that.

I picked up my Beachy Head during the Bluebell's recent Giants of Steam Gala, and as Atlantic House was open to visitors... :)

attachicon.gifH2_little_&_large.JPG

The model gives a good idea of what the full size reproduction will look like and Bachmann are to be congratulated for producing another fine version of a Brighton engine.

Regards,

Dan

Indeed! Bachmann ought to produce a special limited edition of the replica in aid and support of the project. What do you folks think?