Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

Have you looked in the H1 thread? A week ago I posted that Bachmann have said the first H1 has left China. 

According Andy's explanation , they should be in transit, but why are they announced as TBA in the latest availability updates from Bachmann from 19th and latest from 26 October.

If they should arrive on the end of this year as stated in Andy's list, they should be at least  as December  announced, but they don't, strange don't you think so?

According Andy's explanation , they should be in transit, but why are they announced as TBA in the latest availability updates from Bachmann from 19th and latest from 26 October.

If they should arrive on the end of this year as stated in Andy's list, they should be at least as December announced, but they don't, strange don't you think so?

That was my thinking. Seeing as the bachmanns availability list seems as though it has different information to reality. Not everyone has access to rmweb and may rely on that and retailers information to plan their purchases

• RMweb Gold

This is from the Bachmann quote Andy Y posted on 23rd October. It couldn't be much clearer. 

"In the meantime, the following items are currently in transit and are expected to be released during the remainder of 2018: OO scale – Class H1, H2 & C1 Atlantics"

This is from the Bachmann quote Andy Y posted on 23rd October. It couldn't be much clearer. 

"In the meantime, the following items are currently in transit and are expected to be released during the remainder of 2018: OO scale – Class H1, H2 & C1 Atlantics"

Like I've said before, when it comes it comes... 

• RMweb Premium

Well I read the above post about Derails getting theirs, looked on their website and found they still were able to be ordered, ordered it and it arrived this morning. Fantastic service with a nice note of thanks and it has been tested with a card to say who by. I've not used them before but will be doing so in the future.

Excellent service, well done to all at Derails!

Cheers

Ian in Blackpool

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well I read the above post about Derails getting theirs, looked on their website and found they still were able to be ordered, ordered it and it arrived this morning. Fantastic service with a nice note of thanks and it has been tested with a card to say who by. I've not used them before but will be doing so in the future.

Excellent service, well done to all at Derails!

Cheers

Ian in Blackpool

To which I will add my thanks for the same which arrived yesterday.

Can anyone confirm whether these nameplates would be suitable for the SR green version? They appear to be intended for the BR era version, but the nameplates may well not have changed, of course.

I had originally thought that Bachmann were producing two versions, one St. Alban's Head and one South Foreland, but it seems that they are producing only the latter and that, although they had planned to produce the former, they decided to produce the latter instead, which is why some shops had it listed as St. Alban's Head.

Finally, there she is!

I'm normally more a GWR man, but I couldn't resist buying South Foreland. I even bought 6 olive green Maunsell coaches!

No details have been added yet. I will have to find myself a suiting sound decoder first. :music_mini2:

IMG-8490.jpg
IMG-8507.jpg
IMG-8510.jpg
IMG-8512.jpg
IMG-8514.jpg

Edited by Ryan91
  • Like 15

Finally, there she is!

I'm normally more a GWR man, but I couldn't resist buying South Foreland. I even bought 6 olive green Maunsell coaches!

No details have been added yet. I will have to find myself a suiting sound decoder first. :music_mini2:

IMG-8490.jpg

IMG-8507.jpg

IMG-8510.jpg

IMG-8512.jpg

IMG-8514.jpg

5 years of waiting have very much been worth it... :) Cannot wait to acquire one of these myself :)

• Like 1

Finally, there she is!

IMG-8490.jpg

IMG-8507.jpg

IMG-8510.jpg

IMG-8512.jpg

IMG-8514.jpg

Great - please let us know how you get on with the sound decoder. I see Youchoos have one, the steam sound is based on the N class. No idea if it is close to the prototype or not.

• Like 3