Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

I think the bluebell has a spare H boiler to. That’s the reason that the O1’s overhaul was done so quickly. But I’m glad that my purchase of beachy head went towards the real thing. But I do think and E class would be a nice engine to recreate. 

Big james 

• 4 years later...

Yesterday I finally got around to detailing up my "Beachy Head" in BR lined black. What a lovely thing it is!

I wonder, has anyone done anything with the cab doors that allows them to be fitted closed, but with the loco still able to go round 30'' curves? I can see it might be possible to design some hinge arrangement akin to that on movable fall plates, but would be interested to know if anyone has actually done this? I don't normally get too excited about this topic, but on the H2's and H1's the arrangement is unusual in that they open and close outside the cab, and so are rather noticeable if left off - not to mention the pair of holes on the front of the tender!

There also seem to be pictures of these locos running with the doors open, so maybe that's the best option.

Many thanks in advance,

John.