Modern Locomotives Illustrated Magazine

michaelp

I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes, I'm desperate to find the above magazine, if anyone can help with this issue I would be very grateful.

Will pay cost and P&P

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mod6
Reference to potential copyright infringement removed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Issue 197, the North British Type 2s Classes 21, 22 and 29 sold out very quickly in many places, but I just manged to track down a copy, plus a few others at http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/

I had to do a search for 'exact name' to find the list. Sadly none of the first few editions, but at least some of the ones that are getting hard to find. Not the 'Westerns' Issue 200 though.

Jamie

• 1 year later...

A word of warning about getting a digital edition of Modern Locomotive Illustrated from http://pocketmags.com

They are only available to view on-line with Silverlight or Flash.

After paying money for issue 180 I was expecting to have a PDF option so that I could download to my laptop and use in the shed (poor connection to the web) for modelling.

I wouldn't use this service again.

If anyone knows somewhere I can but Modern Locomotive Illustrated as PDFs then I would be interested.

Jamie

Edited by Jamiel

• RMweb Premium

A word of warning about getting a digital edition of Modern Locomotive Illustrated from http://pocketmags.com

They are only available to view on-line with Silverlight or Flash.

After paying money for issue 180 I was expecting to have a PDF option so that I could download to my laptop and use in the shed (poor connection to the web) for modelling.

I wouldn't use this service again.

If anyone knows somewhere I can but Modern Locomotive Illustrated as PDFs then I would be interested.

Jamie

You have to have the "pocketmagazine" app installed for the magazine to be able to get the full use of the services and it saves space in storing magazines.

Me,just a happy user of pocketmagazine service.☺

I have just tried to read "BRM" of line as the magazine in question which are downloaded to my "Samsung tap4" and it is readable. But you must have the pocketmagazine app installed for it to work.

Edited by Trainshed Terry

I would expect a PDF to offered as a standard format.

Do any of the magazine publishers offering electronic versions offer a transportable PDF? I'd have thought that a bit risky as you could then pirate it to all you mates by copying and emailing as an attachment. But admittedly my knowledge in this area is rather sparse.

G.

Unfortunately it can not be saved on Pocketmags site in that way. It is viewable with Silverlight or Flash, but right click options and 'view page source' are both disabled.

It is a case of copyright protection as a priority over useability. Fine if you want to to flick through it on a tablet, but as I want to take it to a workshop to use for modelling it was a waste of money. The only option for me is the 'print screen' and reconstruct the images in Photoshop, which for the quality I want is going to e very laborious.

Still probably better than paying the £40 ish the magazine is going for on Ebay.

Jamie

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

MLI 217 is the long awaited Class 03 - but with the SR/GW/LNE/LMS early prototypes and predecessors of the standard EE 350hp deign also featured. Shunter heaven! Follows 195 on the small shunters (inc Drewry 204hp 04 which did not get such extensive coverage as this) & 202 on the 08/09//13 classes.

Much recommended and if you dont have an 03 you will want one. Will help with your detailing & weathering projects!

Dava

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a list of the subjects for future issues available anywhere?

Plans for the next couple of years now published on the MLI magazine website. Thanks.

Looking forward to issue 219 on the Warships.

Edited by Dubaimike

• 3 months later...