Dack1928

Hi All 

First time i have posted so bare with me 

i have just started a new n gauge layout 180cm x 90cm 

and have been looking for a design that grabs my attention 

i am looking to model a period off early 90's 

or modern image 

i have seen a few on hear over the last few weeks and i have got 

Any Rail but i just seem to lack creative flair or something and and looking to see if any one can 

inspire me 

Thanks  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

You could start by looking at the Peco Setrack plans book. Even if you are planning to use a different track system it can give you some ideas about what sort of features you could include. There is a container terminal plan that might suit your modern image requirements.(plan 4)

Note Setrack points are very small so other track systems will need more room.

was looking for to include a station and maybe a small holing area for couple off class 47's 50's ect 

and maybe a branch line end station off the main with a smaller fiddle yard at the back but also open to any ideas 

i have the track plan book and nothing in there is my kind off thing 

and i want to use stream line points on the layout to improve running 

Hi

Last year the N Gauge Society had a "layout on a door competition". That's about the size of your layout. The Society has been publishing the entries in the N Gauge Journal over the last few editions and there was talk of issuing a booklet with all the entries.

If you are not a member it is worth joining and you can get back copies of the Journal to look at the plans. Also don't forget its the N Gauge show in Leamington Spa next weekend. Plenty of layouts to give you inspiration and you can join the Society too!

Had some more thoughts on this.

Photos on Cornish railways in the 1980s show Class 50s on 4 coach local trains between Plymouth and Penzance - an ideal train for a limited space layout. Penzance is too big to fit onto a 1800mm layout, so I thought about Long Rock carriage sidings just outside the station, still too big!.

So here is an idea for a very compressed carriage sidings layout. If you have space it would work better as a 2100 or 2400mm long layout but at 1800mm you can still have 4/5 coach trains.

post-15737-0-19837300-1378136156_thumb.jpg

The concept is that the terminus is off scene at the left side of the layout. Trains from run from the fiddle yard pass the depot and into the "station". A spare layout woudl run from the depot for the return working or a shunter woudl bring the coaches into the sidings for cleaning. A wagonload freight train woudl bring fuel to the depot and could also serve other off layout sidings ( use either the train loco or the shunter for this move)

Hope it makes sense

Archived