'Grundy Street' (Revisited)

georgeT

Hello Mate, I need you to work your magic on transforming 'GS' into something special as only you can ? (hint-hint hahaha)

Cheeky Ba*****   George,

Hi mate, I would love to, when I get moved you can bring it down and we will do another G-TAP Productions Video. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: hahaha

:sungum:

Bodgit

Added some more bricks to the buildings on the backscene, will put some kind of bank along the front of the buildings too have had a chat with Baron Bodgit this afternoon and he has advised me how to do it ..

George

post-7716-0-58430000-1378655282_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-48962200-1378655287_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-01951800-1378655292_thumb.jpg

Hi George, REMEMBER the grass bank MUST NOT go up to the Factory, (as that would cause damp inside) you must have a small wall for the grass to go up to and about a quarter inch gap between the wall and the building.

Bodgit :sungum:

Morning Mate, I still think you will need to glaze the windows or you will want to do it in 6 Months time and regret not taking the time to do it now, you have no deadline to reach and I think it would look much better. The ones that you have done in the past and the ones that Al and Jason have done really stand out and yours will be VERY PROMINENT.

Morning George, Good Man re the windows, 

I thought I did a post on here yesterday but had a bad Migraine all day so I may have hit the wrong button and deleted it somewhere.

I hoping to get a date soon and then I can start to order my timber, I think its about 22 sheets of 8FT X 4FT chipboard and the same in insulation so that will keep me busy for a while.

Are you still looking to do another Loco kit in 7mm?

And did you win the OO locos on e-bay?

Bodgit

Morning Buddy,  Yes l am still looking for my next build, another tank loco possibly an M7, and no l didn't win the loco on   e-bay, as l had to go to work,

As l have said l will come down for a day and help you with the wood work whenever your ready,

l have started the painting on 'GS' the base colour is now done..

post-7716-0-03937700-1378804839_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-50607800-1378804855_thumb.jpg

That is now a QUALITY exhibition layout mate, just a little finishing off and your done, a completed layout. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

I think this will be your first completed layout that you could Exhibit, well done buddy, I will help finish off the scenic's if you want. :O 

Good afternoon Baron,  Thanks for the kind words mate,  (coming from the master of brilliant small layouts thats an honour believe me) )  l never ever wanted a layout at all, thats why l have never finished one, but now with your encouragement  l have been doing a little shunting and l'm hooked, so l will be removing the rolling road, and adding two extensions, one at each end of 2'6" each, giving plenty of room for shunting, and the road where the rolling road was will run onto the extension to a coal / water stage possibly a small pit too for added interest, with the extensions being easy to remove and store l can use the main board for testing and clip the extensions on for an operating session (or exhibitions) did l say exhibitions ? see what you've started, hahaha

many thanks for your help and input mate,     George

Hi George

The low relief buildings look super.after i seen your YouTube clips on 'how to' with DAS clay i got myself a bag and had a go myslef.

The results are very pleasing (once the fingers gain blood again after)

I'll keep watching for progress...and keep all this information / inspiration logged.

All the best

Jack

Hello Jack,  Thanks for dropping in and your kind words, l made the video with Andy (Bodgit) last year when l was making the buildings for 'Trebudoc' and it was a first for me as l have never tried the DAS before, apart from having long chats with David Wright at a few shows me and Andy had visited, l was so impressed with Davids work l thought l would give it a go, and l made many cock-ups on the way, but l kept on trying, and l think l got there in the end, not quite up to Davids standards, but good enough for what l wanted.

The big thing is as long as it suits you and looks good to you then thats all that matters, if you put the clay on thick enough you can always scrape all the details off with a stanley blade and start again, and if you score a line thats wrong just wet your finger and wipe in some of the dust you have made and paint some PVA on it and its gone, l never throw away the dust as it comes in very handy for patching up any mistakes, 

Hope this helps,         All the best  GeorgeT

Decided to put a bridge over the end to hide the fiddle yard, the bridge will carry a freight line, need to add the DAS clay as well, and make some sort of girder style finish.

Also as l like Ex-LMS and Ex-Southern locos l am trying to keep the 'Grundy Street' nondescript then l can run Midland or Southern as l don't think they look right together.

post-7716-0-23199600-1379092148_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-95387000-1379092151_thumb.jpg

Hello John, Thanks for the kind comments, if you do decide to make the leap into O gauge you will never regret it l promise you, Bodgit had a dabble in O gauge and made a few micro ones, before the birth of 'Trebudoc',

l visited him a couple of years ago and was totally blown away with it, l would defy anyone not to be moved by the scene with a 7mm 45xx with sound coming into the station really stunning, just don't go down the road in which l did, and that was to go for the big 4-6-2 engines, the bigger they are the harder they are believe me, just stick to 0-6-0T they are hard but no way as hard as the big stuff, l have a little 0-6-0 A1X terrier, and it runs so nice, over all the point work, where as my two tender engines struggle a bit on uneven track, so l guess they need compensating but thats a whole new ball game, so l think l will stick with the smaller wheel based loco, hope this helps

GeorgeT 

Archived