acg5324

• RMweb Premium

OK here we go with the waiting room pics.

gallery_681_3268_17300.jpg

gallery_681_3268_49625.jpg

gallery_681_3268_26347.jpg

gallery_681_3268_121425.jpg

gallery_681_3268_71035.jpg

Brick papers again are a Scalescenes download and the windows once again are produced using a. Table drawn in word for windows, cells printed grey and borders left white to form the window frames. I have completed the roof to fit and this is now fitted and glue and filler drying. There is a rooftop water tank to add and signage and posters.

The photo you can see on my Tablet is from 1986 and has the Intercity Cross London advertisements hiding the water tank.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 9

I stand corrected - Although that entrance does look like a later addition, although again, I may be wrong

BTW - I absolutely take my hat off to you for how you are tackling this project

:-)

Edited by Horizontal

• RMweb Premium

Just spotted that one of the photos does show enough of a door to confirm they had windows.....B****r.

Oh well I'll have to live with it.

The next stage will be to get the extra photos of the station building that I need and complete that then start some proper track laying so that the platforms can be built to house the buildings. After that the Motorail reservations office which was next to the south east bay platforms then on to the overall roof for the Motorail terminal. This will have to be shortened otherwise it will be curved to fit the track layout.

• RMweb Premium

'Don't know if any of these will help, but it's all I've got ATM

AFAIR it was a plain wall at the back of the building - I don't remember any windows at all!

Andy, looking at the first three photos in this group you really MUST model an LT train - and an LT pannier as well.

• RMweb Premium

Three photos of the completed platform building. Just need to add station name boards to the reverse ( LT ) side and some poster boards and posters.gallery_681_3268_103811.jpg

gallery_681_3268_77821.jpg

The station nameboards are made using the BR font which is downloadable from RMweb http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forumimages/britrdn_.ttf and http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forumimages/britrln_.ttf this has been printed at 4 point size onto photo-paper then sprayed with Dullcote cut out and 'glued' to the building with acrylic varnish.

gallery_681_3268_131404.jpg

The above photo on the iPad is from 1985 http://andygibbs.zenfolio.com/p488229174/h66c4ad5c#h66c4ad5c

Now poster frame size 4ft x 2ft? Found out it is 3ft x 2ft.

And as John (St Enodoc ) wanted LT stock here is a photo from my collection.............

p415664731-4.jpg

Link to photo

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Three photos of the completed platform building. Just need to add station name boards to the reverse ( LT ) side and some poster boards and posters.gallery_681_3268_103811.jpg

gallery_681_3268_77821.jpg

The station nameboards are made using the BR font which is downloadable from RMweb http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forumimages/britrdn_.ttf and http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forumimages/britrln_.ttf this has been printed at 4 point size onto photo-paper then sprayed with Dullcote cut out and 'glued' to the building with acrylic varnish.

gallery_681_3268_131404.jpg

The above photo on the iPad is from 1985 http://andygibbs.zenfolio.com/p488229174/h66c4ad5c#h66c4ad5c

Now poster frame size 4ft x 2ft? Found out it is 3ft x 2ft.

And as John (St Enodoc ) wanted LT stock here is a photo from my collection.............

p415664731-4.jpg

Link to photo

Very good - so what are you waiting for? :)

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for all the positive comments. Not much progress today in fact none as I've had a quick trip from Brighton up to Olympia and back to get some photos of the missing building. There have been quite a few changes since I last visited. LOROL who now manage Olympia have closed what was previously the ticket office and prior to that the Motorail lounge and have built a single window ticket office next to the gate line. The footbridge has been split by a large fence to provide a public right of way and segregated access between the platforms to do this a staircase has been restored to the south west corner!! I does not fit in with the other three staircases and has a 90 degree turn in it as we'll.

Mrs G is working from home today so no access to our main PC to upload the photos I've taken until later. I can then draw up some plans for the missing building which is rectangular after all.

PS the Underground was running as welll today due to a fashion buyers show on at Olympia.

PPS uploaded photos are here http://andygibbs.zenfolio.com/p534172424

Edited by acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Started the toilet block this morning....... Stunned to hear a Within Temptation track on the Chris Evans show this morning.........and it's on the R2 'A' playlist too. 'Whole world is watching' from the Hydra album.

A quick trip to the Hobby Box at Uckfield this morning to refresh supplies. The 20 thou plasticard I've used for the walls is actually 30 thou and the bases are 80 thou not 60 thou! Just as well I took some off cuts with me to make sure I got the same stuff.

Edited by acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Todays work.......all the photos are in my Gallery ( along with everything else ) but here are the main ones for today. The odd shaped toilet block at the north end of the run of buildings. The diagonal roof line that I had spotted in Google Earth turned out to be a brick flower bed  :scratchhead: so everything was right angles again.

Under construction.

gallery_681_3268_77143.jpg

Checking that it lines up with the doorway in block B's wall.

gallery_681_3268_107058.jpg

Checking that it all lines up.

gallery_681_3268_33712.jpg

Brick paper on.

gallery_681_3268_103631.jpg

All the main buildings together. The big gaps in the right hand building are where the big glass doors go.

gallery_681_3268_139242.jpg

First of the windows in place.....shame that Merc was parked there when I visited on Tuesday.

gallery_681_3268_69507.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

First of the windows in place.....shame that Merc was parked there when I visited on Tuesday.

gallery_681_3268_69507.jpg

Why didn't you park somewhere else? :)

Ha ha.......I don't drive a German car........well actually yes I do it's a Ford!!

• RMweb Premium

Superb!

Many thanks Ian. I've just got the buildings attached to each other and the buildings populated and I'm just deciding wether to redo the roof of the Motorail lounge....... Google earth appeared to show 4 skylights on the roof and they was the way I was going until looking at some photos it looked like 4 big air events that were flat panels. This has turned out to be a cock up my my part as they are indeed 4 skylights that look like they have been blocked off or painted over. Mmmmmm new roof or not?

I'll get some photos posted of the attached buildings....looks good!

No worries Andy - Credit where it's due 

Olympia is my all-time favourite British station, and after having worked there in the early 1970s, your project is pulling a few heart-strings at this end

Edited by Horizontal

• RMweb Premium

These arrived in the post today from Gaugemaster......life is too short to make tables and chairs......and paint n scale people. Interestingly they say made in Germany hand painted in Mauritius!

gallery_681_3268_146865.jpg

The toilet block. The doors and those elsewhere on the model are made using a reverse masking method. Stick label over clear plasticard, mark out the doors and frames etc. cut them out and leave

the label where the windows are. Quick squirt with Tamiya Red Brown acrylic spray, allow to dry mask up the bits that need to remain brown and respray the remainder in silver...sorted!

gallery_681_3268_73991.jpg

All three buildings together.

gallery_681_3268_50960.jpg

Start on the interior.

gallery_681_3268_145335.jpg

All three buildings attached and roofs on but not fixed.

gallery_681_3268_50245.jpg

gallery_681_3268_17180.jpg

gallery_681_3268_96978.jpg

gallery_681_3268_44362.jpg

Some extra detail still to be add such as drain and stack pipes and access ladders once the roofs are glued down. The complete building is about 12 inches (330mm) long overall.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Mrs G will be pleased to get the dinning room table back over the weekend as I'm back to work on Monday having had three weeks off convalescing after an operation. Tidy up time!

• RMweb Premium

Made a start on poster boards, posters, drain pipes etc. 4mm x 6mm for posters and I've managed to get my printer to them without too much hassle. I'll get some photos up later.