acg5324

• RMweb Premium

After what has seemed for ever, the builders should be starting on the house first week of August. Olympia will be going to live in yet another garage for a while. Our garage will be the first thing demolished so that the builders can access the rear of the house where the rest of the demolision is.....Kitchen and conservatory.

Modelling will have to go on the back burner a bit, but I will have the 4TC to work on and the cars from RailNscale. This will also give me a chance to get on with book 3 for the Eastern Region. Book 2, Western Region, has been transfered to the publishers for November publication and Book 1, Southern Region is due out mid September.

• Like 1

The class 33/1 had a run out with the four cars for the 4TC, propelling at high speed. This was very successful but I think I will still weight the leading vehicles a bit. One thing it did show up was that the headcode on Crompton only illuminated in one direction and red blinds only........hopefully just a wire off somewhere.

Thanks to a house move and all the chaos that brings, I’ve just managed to catch up with your excellent thread from April!! I’m very interested to see how your TC turns out. It’s looking great so far! And those 3D printed EMU fronts and corridor connections will be very useful too.

Regarding your Dapol class 33 lights, have you checked that the two switches underneath are both switched to on? When they’re shipped, apparently they’re set with one on and one off. I hope that helps and I’ll look forward to seeing how everything progresses.

David

My two 33s only have one switch each on the underside. The on position puts on the head-code and tail lights, whereas the off position puts on only the head code.[/quote

Mine only have one switch too, thanks for the correction. I didn’t have them handy when I wrote what I did! I guess it was wishful thinking as I’d thought when I bought my first one that the switch was a good idea, however, I did think that another switch (or switch position) for push pull mode would have been good too.

David

Hi Andy

I made the corridor connections the same depth as the originals, my only British train is an Edinburgh - Glasgow push pull set which I fitted Dapol short shank couplers when sitting on the straight the connections are about 1mm apart so I [may wrongly] assume that the MK1's are the same as the Mk2's.? If that helps.

Sandy

Sorry Andy to use your thread.,.... Sandy you have a pm

Regards Keith

Ps. Andy great thread and model

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry Andy to use your thread.,.... Sandy you have a pm

Regards Keith

Ps. Andy great thread and model

The class 33/1 had a run out with the four cars for the 4TC, propelling at high speed. This was very successful but I think I will still weight the leading vehicles a bit. One thing it did show up was that the headcode on Crompton only illuminated in one direction and red blinds only........hopefully just a wire off somewhere.

Thanks to a house move and all the chaos that brings, I’ve just managed to catch up with your excellent thread from April!! I’m very interested to see how your TC turns out. It’s looking great so far! And those 3D printed EMU fronts and corridor connections will be very useful too.

Regarding your Dapol class 33 lights, have you checked that the two switches underneath are both switched to on? When they’re shipped, apparently they’re set with one on and one off. I hope that helps and I’ll look forward to seeing how everything progresses.

David

Thanks for reminding me there’s a switch underneath,completely forgot about that.

No problem using me as a go between.

• RMweb Premium

The order for Evergreen plastic tube arrived on Saturday along with a pair of ODC Ford Cortinas in yellow and an MGB in cream in a box about 2ft long by a foot wide and tall!

Yesterday saw the cars and the 4TC cab arrive from Shapeways again in a box about 18 inches cubed!

I’ll get some pictures up later of the cars.

• RMweb Premium

The 3D printed cars from RailNscale

These are the post 1980 MY Vauxhall Chevettes, 4 door Saloon, 3 door hatch and 3 door Estate. Nice clean prints

gallery_681_2306_1162208.jpeg

Next up are the pair of Skoda Estelles and the Peugeot 504 estate. The saloon needs some attention as there is some plastic stopping the chassis from fitting. The Skoda's are a nice clean print but the 504 has a lot of visible printing lines to attend to.

gallery_681_2306_1306618.jpeg

And finally the 1963 stock cabs.

gallery_681_4518_906174.jpeg

All of these need cleaning before sanding / priming.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

For post 1980 MY read pre 1980 MY.....these have the recessed headlights.

If you paint the Shoveit saloon in British Racing Green (!) with tan upholstery you will have a model of the one I owned.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Painted the Chevettes a couple of days ago, yellow hatch, red saloon and silver estate. The Skodas are now beige and blue and the Peugeot’s brown and maroon.

• Like 1

Painted the Chevettes a couple of days ago, yellow hatch, red saloon and silver estate. The Skodas are now beige and blue and the Peugeot’s brown and maroon.

It interesting how colours can identify an era in time I recently took a Land Rover defender off my layout although it was available in the era I am modelling the dark metallic green made it look far too new.

• RMweb Premium

It interesting how colours can identify an era in time I recently took a Land Rover defender off my layout although it was available in the era I am modelling the dark metallic green made it look far too new.

Yes, the 1970's did have some weird colour ranges...lots of beige and brown plus some loud colours like bright yellow and orange........bit like the curtains, sofas etc.

Not much done this week but the RailNscale cars have been painted and a start made on picking out the details.

gallery_681_2306_1014965.jpeg

From L to R Chevettes, 504's and the Estelle's.

In real life the yellow and red are much brighter. The grey looking Skoda is in fact a beige colour.

Edited by acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Yes, the 1970's did have some weird colour ranges...lots of beige and brown plus some loud colours like bright yellow and orange........bit like the curtains, sofas etc.

Not much done this week but the RailNscale cars have been painted and a start made on picking out the details.

gallery_681_2306_1014965.jpeg

From L to R Chevettes, 504's and the Estelle's.

In real life the yellow and red are much brighter. The grey looking Skoda is in fact a beige colour.

Can you get an N scale Yugo, as once driven by our dear departed friend Marcus Clarkus?

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Premium

Just one picture today, the cars are almost complete, details picked out. tyres and wheels need a second go and glazing ( Kristal Klear ) adding.

Spot on the roof of the 504 is a pain...might need a repaint or another vinyl roof!

gallery_681_2306_440687.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Last weekend before the builders start, all the electrics are disconnected from the parts of the house being demolished, skip arrived this morning.

Time for a nice refreshing glass of Tim Taylor’s Landlord with tonight’s dinner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A wee bit of progress with the 4TC. All the windows have now been cut out and the cab has been sprayed the correct yellow. I've got some fuse wire from Wilko to make up the jumpers. The cab can then be glued complete into the coach body once they are finished.

Rattle cans of Rail Blue and grey have also been purchased.

Various diameters of Evergreen tube are being used to make up the various air tanks and some American Limited coach parts are being used for battery boxes, isolating cocks and other underframe details.

gallery_681_4518_1397085.jpeg

gallery_681_4518_151955.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The latest batch of RailNscale cars are now complete. I've just ordered a Chevanne and a couple of Range Rovers plus some chimney pots, also some NEM bar couplers of varying lengths and a Reliant Robin ( looks like a Rialto ) from other sellers on Shapeways.

Here are a couple pictures showing all the cars from RailNscale that I've done so far.

Cavaliers and Chevettes.

gallery_681_2306_356570.jpeg

Volvos, Skodas and Peugeots.

gallery_681_2306_98098.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Those cars have scrubbed up really nicely, you haven't overdone adding the detail painting and the glazing looks very neat!

Jo

Thank you. I think the Chevettes are the best model RailNscale have done so far, nice sharp details.

Managed to get all the underframe details added to the 4TC set this morning. I’ll post a picture later.

• RMweb Premium

A couple of photos showing a start on the cab end jumpers for the 4TC....what do you think, 5amp or 15amp fuse wire?

This is the 15amp

gallery_681_4518_194830.jpeg

This is the 5amp

gallery_681_4518_640943.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Only two weeks in the builders have got on very very well. Old extension, garage, carport and conservatory demolished. Old foundations removed and new ones poured. Slabs and brickwork up to just below floor height.

A couple of views of the room for the layout. It'll be approx 12ft 6ins by 10ft 6ins before the plaster goes on.  The other bit you can see is the new garage.

gallery_681_3476_725313.jpeg

gallery_681_3476_955219.jpeg

• Like 1