acg5324

• RMweb Premium

A pleasant afternoon in the garden and a backlog of six 3D printed vehicles got some attention. The least complete is the Osbournes Commer Walkthru which has just had a clean up. The two RailNscale Range Rovers and Bedford Chevanne have been primered and some colour added to the RRs with a paint brush pen. The Chevanne is going to end up Brown with white side panels after I found a great picture of one in Lunn Poly travel colours on the Interweb. The Osbournes Milk Float will gain some blue to represent an Express Dairies vehicle although they don’t appear to have had that type. Finally the Reliant Rialto is nearly complete........I had to have one as My Dad had numerous Bonds and Reliant over the years, he only ever had a motorbike license. The only time I ever remember swearing at my Mum was when she took me for a driving lesson in the Reliant Supervan around Bevendean Industrial Estate in Brighton.! 

A42743D5-BE37-44F9-8E17-C9713D3787C2.jpeg

EF876D6D-4CCA-481F-9100-947906B6941C.jpeg

23629945-A4D0-4177-93E0-BB123188829F.jpeg

05491866-EBBD-42FC-A03F-C40A23F938A8.jpeg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, acg5324 said:

A pleasant afternoon in the garden and a backlog of six 3D printed vehicles got some attention. The least complete is the Osbournes Commer Walkthru which has just had a clean up. The two RailNscale Range Rovers and Bedford Chevanne have been primered and some colour added to the RRs with a paint brush pen. The Chevanne is going to end up Brown with white side panels after I found a great picture of one in Lunn Poly travel colours on the Interweb. The Osbournes Milk Float will gain some blue to represent an Express Dairies vehicle although they don’t appear to have had that type. Finally the Reliant Rialto is nearly complete........I had to have one as My Dad had numerous Bonds and Reliant over the years, he only ever had a motorbike license. The only time I ever remember swearing at my Mum was when she took me for a driving lesson in the Reliant Supervan around Bevendean Industrial Estate in Brighton.! 

A brown shove-it! Those were the days.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2020 at 15:27, acg5324 said:

I learnt to drive in a Green Chevette Estate in 1986, courtesy of the RAF Driving School at RAF St. Athan, I always thought it was quite a nice car to drive, a bit sporty with the short stubby gearstick. Unfortunately the one I used was replaced, 3 days before I took my test, by a brand new Mini Metro which by comparison was a pile of c*&p.

Regards

Neal. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

A friend sent me a link to this YouTube video of 56062 being recovered at Copyhold Jct, Haywards Heath back in 1988. The train had been involved in a SPAD and the catch points did there job and put the loco down the embankment. The train of empty PGA hoppers stayed upright on the track although a couple were derailed. I was Chief Clerk in the Station Travel Centre then and got some photos the day after the incident. This must have been a very early example of video being used to show the work undertaken.

LINK TO VIDEO  

...and to my pictures......

https://zenfolio.page.link/Zhhz3

https://zenfolio.page.link/U2QFV

https://zenfolio.page.link/LFMwp

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

A friend sent me a link to this YouTube video of 56062 being recovered at Copyhold Jct, Haywards Heath back in 1988. The train had been involved in a SPAD and the catch points did there job and put the loco down the embankment. The train of empty PGA hoppers stayed upright on the track although a couple were derailed. I was Chief Clerk in the Station Travel Centre then and got some photos the day after the incident. This must have been a very early example of video being used to show the work undertaken.

LINK TO VIDEO  

...and to my pictures......

https://zenfolio.page.link/Zhhz3

https://zenfolio.page.link/U2QFV

https://zenfolio.page.link/LFMwp

Super stuff Andy. After my time I'm glad to say but a lot of familiar faces there.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Super stuff Andy. After my time I'm glad to say but a lot of familiar faces there.

I couldn’t remember when you went north John.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, acg5324 said:

I couldn’t remember when you went north John.

Andy, I was at Lovers' Walk from May 83 to September 85. Joined BMRC in August 83 and it's been downhill ever since.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I was a member of the Brighton Model Railway Club around 1971-1972 before my family moved to Hampshire. The clubrooms then was just the ladies waiting rooms and a cupboard. Has it expanded since? My main memory of the place was the frequent 'drawing' of the coal fire using a piece of chipboard that filled the place with the smell of the hot fish glue in the chipboard. No heat seemed to reach the rooms though. There was a small OO branch line terminus layout in the first room that passed through a small hole in the wall to a fiddle yard in the other room. A roundy-roundy layout was being built in the second room, and I was building a OO9 layout on a bookshelf.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

I was a member of the Brighton Model Railway Club around 1971-1972 before my family moved to Hampshire. The clubrooms then was just the ladies waiting rooms and a cupboard. Has it expanded since? My main memory of the place was the frequent 'drawing' of the coal fire using a piece of chipboard that filled the place with the smell of the hot fish glue in the chipboard. No heat seemed to reach the rooms though. There was a small OO branch line terminus layout in the first room that passed through a small hole in the wall to a fiddle yard in the other room. A roundy-roundy layout was being built in the second room, and I was building a OO9 layout on a bookshelf.

I joined in 1974.....still a member despite living in York.

The Clubrooms remain the same, were refurbished by NR in the early 2000s so that there is now a kitchen and inside loo in the Clubrooms.! The fireplaces went then, all electric heating now. The outer Clubrooms is used for layouts, the inner one is for meetings and can be cleared of the seating if needed. The hole between the two rooms went then.

The N gauge room which was partway up the platform, old porters office and coal hole no longer exist, demolished.

There is a 40ft hut on the waste ground towards the tunnel that contains the main layouts.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not much modelling done this weekend, too hot,....and Mrs G and I had our first evening out, out! with friends ...since lockdown. Pairings wine bar for drinks and nibbles ( always great ) followed by The Blue Barbakan (Polish cuisine) another excellent meal.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Despite it being too hot for modelling I had a very frustrating DIY job over the weekend. We have 5 Velux Integra electric roof windows in the new part of the house and because Velux had 20% off blinds decided to order one, see how easy it was to fit them before ordering the other 4. The blind arrived a couple of weeks  ago and it took me about 30 mins to fit and worked fine using the wireless controller.

The other four were ordered and I fitted them over the weekend, B****y hot up and down the ladder. Anyway the two to go with the already installed one in the Kitchen/ Diner were fitted and did there little self test. You then need to ‘pair’ the wireless controller to them so one controller works all three blinds. Not only could I not get this to work, I even managed to get the original one to stop half way and now not move at all. Lots of resetting the blinds and controller....no joy. A lot of swearing and a nights rest I fitted the two in the lounge doing exactly the same as before and these two ‘paired’ correctly and work together perfectly!!!!!!! 

Still cant get the kitchen ones to move......phone call to Velux technical support later after one last chance....I’m starting to sound like Basil Fawlty!

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Nearly forgot......progress with the 3D vehicles.

Milk Float awaits decals. The walk-thru part masked off to spray the main body brown....then WH Smiths logos.

Chevanne awaits Lunn Poly decals.

F81F4EC2-CE2A-4B2C-A9C0-C497336F0001.jpeg

• Like 6

On 01/08/2020 at 15:27, acg5324 said:

A42743D5-BE37-44F9-8E17-C9713D3787C2.jpeg

EF876D6D-4CCA-481F-9100-947906B6941C.jpeg

23629945-A4D0-4177-93E0-BB123188829F.jpeg

Just saw your Chevanne! My Dad had a chevette estate which I learned to drive in - happy memories!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Five minutes waiting to get through to Velux and two minutes talking to a very nice lady...all sorted. You need to reset the window not the blind! All working and as today looks like it’s going to be a hot one...just in time.

9A33D630-CC36-4EDC-A70C-6D3E452423CB.jpeg

Now back to the trains!

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 3

Nice progress on the vehicles.

Where are you sourcing the decals (smiffs, Lynn poly, express dairies, etc) - home made and printed on decal paper or are they available commercially?

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, grahame said:

Nice progress on the vehicles.

Where are you sourcing the decals (smiffs, Lynn poly, express dairies, etc) - home made and printed on decal paper or are they available commercially?

Thank you ....They’ll all be home made Grahame.

• RMweb Premium

A touch of gloss varnish sorted the strange marks on the windows of the Reliant.

The Walk-thru now has its windows. WHS logos produced. I’ll need to get some white letters to do the rest of the logo.

A8AF80C1-9951-4615-9F0E-5D64A71701BE.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, McRuss said:

May I ask, from which source the Robin Reliant is coming from?

Markus

hi Markus.......The Reliant Robin......I think it looks more like a Reliant Rialto, came from Shapeways. It is a solid clear model so I had to mask off all the windows before I sprayed it.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/BVC6NC3R9/reliant-robin-1-148-scale-british-n?optionId=59908010&li=marketplace

It is available in 1/160 too.

For a history of Reliant, Bond and other three wheelers have a look here,....

http://www.3wheelers.com

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well the first print of transfers for the vans etc was an abject failure, all three sets curling and then disintergrated. Some new decal paper has arrived for another go. I will need to reduce the Lunn Poly ones as they were slightly to big.

• Friendly/supportive 1