acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Next thing for the building will be flashing on the roof corners and then painting the roof. I’ve used a very fine Evergreen Plastic planking for the roof.

• RMweb Premium

In other news Mrs G (second left) and her colleagues at Haxby Post Office got nominated for and awarded a York Civic Trust Covid blue plaque......as it says.....The Ladies of Haxby Post Office.

8355D91B-156B-4A46-A25D-AFFE3CFD82CA.jpeg

F57FDA9F-F220-46F7-A6B6-AE15EED454BF.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Premium

After 15 or so trips to the tip, the debris from the willow tree is no more. 

Done a bit more scanning for the next book, just a half dozen slides or so left to scan......and about 100 captions to write.

The only bit of modelling done is to produce the signage for the garage. Finding fuel prices for 1980 was very easy.........

A9D08951-E4B3-4365-9716-2E43ADB7E011.jpeg

32FCFE35-89AE-425F-A409-645657490D52.jpeg

8FDB742D-47FB-425D-91C8-406481DCAFC7.jpeg

F780013E-F6E4-4170-B432-9988B9FF55F8.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Little parcel for me left in the Log store by the postman......a stock of trees from The Model tree shop and some buddleia.

The trees I’ve ordered are in three different colours and two different sizes, not cheap but do look pretty good. I’ll probably order so more of the larger ones.

7241F4E3-B95B-4F03-A17E-0B155962F967.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 3

That N gauge Buddleia looks interesting. I'll probably need a lot of that as it often grows wild in masonry and on railway viaducts in urban settings. Apparently its nickname is the bombsite plant although these days it's more commonly known as the butterfly bush.

I'll have to place an order with the tree shop. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, grahame said:

That N gauge Buddleia looks interesting. I'll probably need a lot of that as it often grows wild in masonry and on railway viaducts in urban settings. Apparently its nickname is the bombsite plant although these days it's more commonly known as the butterfly bush.

I’m going to use it to hide any gaps in the retaining walls.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

I have used some of that buddleia on Freshwater. It is a bit 'chunky' compared with some of their other products.

IMG_20200106_185132

IMG_20191013_111120

Looks good Ian even if it’s a bit chunky as you say.......bu**ered if I’m making any, can’t be *rsed to do trees!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday’s Metcalfe delivery at the shop included my last pack of retaining walls.

FEAE0379-52A2-4584-BB87-9D89310EC6ED.jpeg

These have been assembled to do the western side of the station the rest will be on the eastern side.

6DE12EE8-FE80-4F27-BCAC-566A71715CD7.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

I have used some of that buddleia on Freshwater. It is a bit 'chunky' compared with some of their other products.

9 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Looks good Ian even if it’s a bit chunky as you say.......bu**ered if I’m making any, can’t be *rsed to do trees!

I think it is too - but I'll keep it in mind for my 00 layout.

14 hours ago, acg5324 said:

My sentiments as well, especially as I find it difficult to replicate and match the splendor of nature and growing things in model form. But is it not possible to thin out and chop down the height of some of the buddleia to make it less chunky?

• RMweb Premium

Why not try the N scale buddleia instead? I’ve thought of using plants intended for 2mm on my layout as most of the “4mm scale” stuff looks too big to me.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Colin said:

Why not try the N scale buddleia instead? I’ve thought of using plants intended for 2mm on my layout as most of the “4mm scale” stuff looks too big to me.

This stuff was sold as 2mm/ft scale. As I said, their other products seem to be much more delicate.

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Colin said:

This is the n scale buddleia.

A very grey morning here in Yorkshire and it’s raining.....again. Other than waiting in for the Velux engineer to arrive and replace a glazing unit that has a thermal crack right through the inner pane it looks like I’ll have time to do some modelling!

Charity Curry Night quiz tonight too...first one since lockdown in March. I’m hoping for a decent score.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Best laid plans...got nothing done on the layout, other than dig out the next interboard jumper to fit and clear the room out a bit. I did finish scanning the slides for the Table 51 book, just the captions to complete!

Hopefully better luck today, need to get the retaining walls finished at least.

• RMweb Gold

You might find that buddleia and other similar shrubs are better represented by brass etch.

Sadly, it's not just in urban areas that this big weed is to be found on railway premises. I was looking at a cab ride video (Plymouth - Exeter) a couple of days ago. Almost every bridge and viaduct on that route had some. Does the Civil Engineers Dept not understand that it will be a lot cheaper to keep up with the weeding than to repair the damage that will be caused to the masonry by leaving it to grow unchecked?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Got one set of jumpers installed today...poor. I did at least get the last images scanned and files reordered for the next book....as a treat this is the last image scanned but No 69 in the book.

1009 Western Invader at Bristol Temple Meeds. Working 1M26 the 1320SO Weymouth to Derby. 14/8/76. 

1O09 BTM 1M26 140876 JV.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
On 07/09/2020 at 07:46, acg5324 said:

Charity Curry Night quiz tonight (Monday) too...first one since lockdown in March. I’m hoping for a decent score.

Well 107 1/2 got us a top 3 placing....9 points behind the winners though. Music round included the BBC Cricket theme music....which I got right. I do know some crap!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 03/09/2020 at 20:22, grahame said:

I found the buddleia a little too chunky for N-gauge, but the N-gauge pack looks very good on NO PLACE (OO gauge)!

Les

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

Well 107 1/2 got us a top 3 placing....9 points behind the winners though. Music round included the BBC Cricket theme music....which I got right. I do know some crap!

Aahh good old Booker T & the MG's with Green Onions, classic song.

I also know some crap :lol::lol:

Regards

Neal.

• Friendly/supportive 1