acg5324

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, D1059 said:

I put exactly the same Lambs Navy ad on City Basin Goods - fondly remembered by those of us of a certain age (certainly wouldn't be allowed today) !!

I’m sure that’s were I first saw you’d used it......good idea I thought........can’t beat a few non PC 70s and 80s posters.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

Rails around Brighton in the 70s and 80s? I was there, standing on top of the grit bin at the southern end of Howard Place. Unfortunately my Instamatic and cheapo slide film means I have nothing suitable for publishing, but I like this one anyway. Cor...

2011-01-15_196.JPG.bc8721b8b8c2058f0a50c9c9aef52cca.JPG

Don't know if anyone can be clever with Photoshop and improve it.

I’ve stood on that bin too.....that wall in Howard Place was just an awkward height for seeing over. I mainly tended to go to Dyke Rd Drive or more often Waterhall, Mill Road once I had a car.

• RMweb Premium

Well the civil engineers were given a stern word yesterday afternoon when I discovered the north end of the main platform is foul of gauge. I honestly don’t know how that happened as I had a couple of coaches and a long wagon to check things. So today’s job is to take the platform surface off for about 6 inches move the wall back....if possible and rebuild the top. 

It has finally stopped raining here, our garden is like walking on a sponge. The ditch at the bottom of the garden is quite very full thankfully as most of the surplus water drains off into rivens alongside the flower borders.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, LongRail said:

Andy it’s looking great the buildings really catch the atmosphere bet you can’t wait to start running trains

Indeed.....some minor wiring to do to make it just runnable......but still plenty of electrical work to do. Loads of point motors to fit, mainly at the north end of the station and that end of the fiddle yard....Two diode matrix to make and the control panel!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A productive couple of days... I’ve about 1/2 of the images for my next book scanned in.......this will be Kensington Olympia and the West London Line!

On the Building front the block of flats are, all bar the roof, finished. The chopped Faller townhouse with shops is also almost finished bar the roof too! The position of the block of flats (anglicised Vollmer kit ) is fluid as I want it to partially block the view by the Bricklayers Arms.

I’ve added a retaining wall alongside the Motorail platforms. Back Gardens butt up to this, I’ve not decided wether to do some more Georgian townhouses kits here or use some Metcalfe terraced house backs.

Charles House is gaining some pavement and parking spaces....and I’ve made up some PECO telephone box kits and glazed them with Micro clear.

7083B8DA-AFB3-4403-9A44-DB64B317DC47.jpeg

F0A012C5-5BC4-4701-8ED9-A21D05EF226A.jpeg

2F132442-A1B4-485C-9F39-C86C758D882B.jpeg

604255DF-2A0F-4D71-BCC4-0E4785B16B9F.jpeg

74A1125B-01D1-4C24-921D-28A4919746B2.jpeg

6C9FFF44-56FC-475B-9A81-2D6F968D2702.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Fincra said:

Great work Mr Gibbs! Is it an exhibition layout? 

Hopefully......it’s built to be transportable.

Welcome to RMweb.......how’s work going?

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, clogger said:

This is one of my most favourite layouts and always look for any updates when I log on. Keep up the brilliant work and hopefully I might get to see it for real.

Thanks for the comments. I worked at Haywards Heath station for several years....in the Travel Centre, which is no longer there.....it’s where the Florists is.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 29/01/2021 at 20:08, acg5324 said:

Hopefully......it’s built to be transportable.

Welcome to RMweb.......how’s work going?

Ah you know! Driving around a lot of air! 

Waiting on release to move to the Dark Side of the Force Company and start as a Driver Trainer :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A few more photos.......all the platforms now have a surface added. More road surfaces, trees and pavements installed. I’m now out of stock of Cartridge paper and laser cut pavements. I’ve got try and get some loft panels ( seems to be a UK shortage ) tomorrow so I might drop into The Range for more paper.

F20F7E96-67AA-4569-98BE-302690DE8A4B.jpeg

EF78ED22-6C3B-4303-85DD-E967B102C383.jpeg

50575023-17F8-4A06-96B0-A22D176F6292.jpeg

27825886-B42B-40D5-90C2-7A3F7CE71646.jpeg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Tomorrow I’ll cut the last rails over a baseboard joint. This will allow the two boards to be turned over to have their point motors and wiring installed. I can also finish the ballasting on the points as it’ll be easier to reach.

C7FA5FFC-097A-4EE9-933F-70A3E3B7D354.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Steven B said:

Coming together nicely.

Do you have plans how you're going to manage shunting the loaded carflats?

Steven B.

No Steven, that will be an issue as I can’t turn the cars round. I am going to fit a pin at the centre of each car that’ll fit a small hole in the carflat so that they won’t roll around. 

I’m open to any suggestions.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, acg5324 said:

No Steven, that will be an issue as I can’t turn the cars round. I am going to fit a pin at the centre of each car that’ll fit a small hole in the carflat so that they won’t roll around. 

I’m open to any suggestions.

Aren't you going to drive them on and off using the Faller system?!

• Funny 1