acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Had a delivery from Shapeways today.....from L to R

Rear Scania 110 cabs,  traffic lights, Ford Cargo.

Front Aston Martin DB5, Mitsubishi Galant, VW Polo and Citroen BX.

EB5070B5-1C70-48A2-8E89-DAC84120DF92.jpeg

• Like 10

I bet that little lot didn't come cheap . . . .

;-)

I had a smaller package arrive this morning. Some fencing (Ratio spearpoint and Atlas hairpin types) from Model Scenery Supplies.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Carl said:

They look great, how do you go about glazing them?

The cars, well the RailNscale ones.....I use the Microclear liquid even for windscreens. Grahame uses plasticard for the windscreens.

The truck cabs will get plasticard windscreens and Microclear for the smaller windows. I used Microclear on the bus shelter a few posts back.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, grahame said:

I bet that little lot didn't come cheap . . . .

;-)

I had a smaller package arrive this morning. Some fencing (Ratio spearpoint and Atlas hairpin types) from Model Scenery Supplies.

Errr no....and £16 postage! Did get here a day earlier than expected. UPS.....the delivery driver thought I’d got a box of air it was so light.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Psssttt! You’ve got the old web address as your signature.

That just shows how often I post on here there days... 

Will change accordingly sir! 

Nestor  

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, cornish trains jez said:

I had some stuff delivered from shapeways the other day and got clobbered with the duty tax which I had to pay before they would deliver it from their depot in the UK.

I had nothing to pay. Came via UPS.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well another week has passed by in limbo land. Not much achieved on the layout as I managed to have an adverse reaction to something ( probably in the garden ) that meant I have not been able to bend my fingers much and have swollen hands. It’s slowly getting better. 

I did did manage to hook up my Utility throttle so that today I had two trains running independently. Class 50 and 31 both with sound........noisy.

At the same time I’ve got the programming track powered up which makes life a lot easier.

Edited by acg5324
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Well another week has passed by in limbo land. Not much achieved on the layout as I managed to have an adverse reaction to something ( probably in the garden ) that meant I have not been able to bend my fingers much and have swollen hands. It’s slowly getting better. 

I did did manage to hook up my Utility throttle so that today I had two trains running independently. Class 50 and 31 both with sound........noisy.

At the same time I’ve got the programming track powered up which makes life a lot easier.

Stick to model railways. Much safer than gardening.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

I’ve got my stunt double to do the gardening this week so I’ve cut out some frames for the next batch of buildings. The shops next to the Hand and Flowers plus part of the Olympia complex on the other side of the road....now a Pizza Express!

83E38002-09FF-469B-9AC6-E58EA1B677ED.jpeg

11178496-0C51-4E21-BC69-2E83F7BDBE09.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

The 3D printed traffic lights are part painted some with filter lights added and I’ve made up some traffic bollards. They are part of the Scalescenes roadway download wrapped around an Evergreen plastic square section.

232B8E77-7AC1-4C51-82F2-B787F91865AC.jpeg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Got the corner block of the Olympia complex built today. It’s had a coat of grey then white primer. I’ll find an off white for the finishing coat. Doors, windows etc to be fitted yet.

85B13BFD-2109-448A-9432-F859938ABF36.jpeg

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Duncan. said:

Nice work on the buildings Andy... as ever.

What materials have you used for the olympia building? Is it to scale or to fit location?

Cheers

Duncan

Thank you Duncan.

It’s a mountboard frame with plasticard frontage. The building is “based” on what’s there but shrunk to fit and very much simplified. The block on the corner is the most accurate as it will be properly visible. The rest mainly faces the operator. I’ll post a picture of the real building shortly.

• RMweb Premium

Today we were up earlier than usual as Mrs G had her first chip fitting injection at 0835. A quick whizz round the York  ring road ( ha ha.....) and the A64 we were at Askham Bar by 0810 and back on road before 0830. As a treat we went home via Waitrose. Mrs G got some sushi for lunch.....I got some beer.

C7F30185-A406-40BF-8609-702683A8790F.jpeg

The sushi was a nice lunch.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

A prompt popped up on FB that it was 10 years since this album was released....seemed rude not to have it blasting out of the Hi Fi today. Note the cracks in the CD case....does anyone have a CD case that hasn’t got a crack in it somewhere.

5286FCEC-DF66-49FB-A65D-6081FD31AEED.jpeg

02EC1622-5549-4B13-A230-09B01E3E5407.jpeg

3F24C32A-DDF6-4A30-AD02-3FFFDDB2174B.jpeg

Strange story about my introduction to Within Temptation. I first came across them as a customers who bought this also bought this on Amazon. So I sent off for it, ......superb album, I’d never heard of the group.

One night shift in Control I was the playing the album and my Fleet Controller noticed it. “Is that the new album from WT?” he asked. Yes I said do you know of them? Got all their albums he said! We later found one of the Network Rail duty managers was a big fan too.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

The next part of the Olympia building is now complete, pending painting and windows etc. It’s had a coat of grey then white primer. The only other bit of Olympia that will get built is part of the car park building which is opposite the station building.

D3914360-ECFD-4AF3-83D3-BC2ED6C670FB.jpeg

• Like 13

22 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Today we were up earlier than usual as Mrs G had her first chip fitting injection at 0835. A quick whizz round the York  ring road ( ha ha.....) and the A64 we were at Askham Bar by 0810 and back on road before 0830. As a treat we went home via Waitrose. Mrs G got some sushi for lunch.....I got some beer.

C7F30185-A406-40BF-8609-702683A8790F.jpeg

The sushi was a nice lunch.

Nice selection! The Dark Star Hop Head is a favourite of mine, which is generally available on tap at the pub a few doors up from my office....when it's open of course!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, cornish trains jez said:

Nice selection! The Dark Star Hop Head is a favourite of mine, which is generally available on tap at the pub a few doors up from my office....when it's open of course!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Waitrose seems to have started stocking Dark Star recently...might have something to do with them being owned by Fullers? now.......just need to get them to stock Harvey’s!

• Like 2