acg5324

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I'm with Steve. I think not being able to see what's going on would be a problem. 

Ideas:

1. If the projecting piece becomes an annoyance, prop up the back just enough so that the front doesn't project (Pythagoras' theorem, etc.).

2. If all else fails cut a slice off the back (this would give you better access to the innards as well).

Yes not being able to see over the back is more of an issue.......I had a thought. I could extend the board outward under the control panel to protect it, build in things like a tray for pen, screwdriver etc. Hmmmm something to ponder over coffee this morning.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Beer glass, etc.

Shelf for wine box.......do you remember the year we had one or was it two at Modelworld in the Brighton Centre. A very convivial exhibition with Kyle of Lochalsh....no it wasn’t the Cranegate year.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Shelf for wine box.......do you remember the year we had one or was it two at Modelworld in the Brighton Centre. A very convivial exhibition with Kyle of Lochalsh....no it wasn’t the Cranegate year.

It became something of a tradition, didn't it. The year I had St Enodoc Mk 1 there I screwed a wooden wine rack under the baseboards, which was appreciated by many members - not least Mr C.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, grahame said:

My layout, Stoney Lane Depot, had an in-built beer glass holder in the fiddleyard. And I used to take a cool box full of bottled beers to exhibitions.

...if you ever need any volunteer operators.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well after a search in the garage for some timber to make a shelf, only revealed thin ply....so a trip to B and Q. After sifting through the boomerang material I found a plank that was still straight and true.  It’s been glued and screwed and the screw holes filled. Once this dries it’ll get a coat of paint. It’s currently just clamped to the layout. The socket for the Utility throttle has also been fitted today.

50816A26-A21E-4626-84D2-6FA1065109F5.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

The additional balustrades arrived today and have been fitted, as have the shop facias. I am also adding the menu in the window to the chicken shop.....save having to make much of an interior.......enjoy!

B2D7BED1-883B-4B9E-8CE7-ABA2679BFEDE.jpeg

B1828044-A308-4D1B-B0AE-056673271023.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

15 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

I think I’ll give that first burger a miss, thanks. 

Agree with you - names like "Clucking Bucket" and "Cock A Doodle Bucket" imply that the food in this establishment is more than a little underdone...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, KingEdwardII said:

I wonder if you should print off a couple of Food Hygiene certificates for the windows here? A real touch of authenticity...

Food_Hygiene_Certificate.jpeg.fe8fc5b3ecf1cd455be0e201d1289eac.jpeg

They weren’t about in 1980......probably just as well. Negative scores not good.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, acg5324 said:

They weren’t about in 1980......probably just as well. Negative scores not good.

Nobody cared back then. I blame Edwina Currie and John Gummer.

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Nobody cared back then.

If you ever see a "1", steer well clear of such a place.

A place not far from us got a "2" and the litany of failures and breaches was astonishing. With added rodents and roaches...yum

Makes British Rail sandwiches into cordon bleu!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Nobody cared back then. I blame Edwina Currie and John Gummer.

I thought it was Edwina Currie and John Major.....oh no that’s a different thing...........nice peas Norma!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

thought it was Edwina Currie

Edwina Currie - that astonishing case of a politician forced to resign for telling the unvarnished truth !!

She said that British eggs were contaminated with salmonella, which indeed they were, at that time. For this, she received the order of the boot - consequence of anger from the shires following a huge drop in sales...

Yours,  Mike.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KingEdwardII said:

She said that British eggs were contaminated with salmonella, which indeed they were, at that time.

But it took until 2017 before it was reduced to a level that it could be declared safe for children and pregnant women to have them raw.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The front doors got fitted today and the wall attached to the carcass......now on to the rear walls and roof.

The layout shelf got a further coat of paint and can now be fitted. It’s then on to securing the control panels and drilling holes to run the wiring through. I’ve ordered some black pin striping to layout ( no pun intended ) the track plan on the surface.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A small delivery yesterday......I’ve bought some Hunt magnetic Couplers. First victim will be the 33/1 and 4TC. The 4TC will be easier to get apart and the Cromptons Dapol knuckle coupler often uncouples due Dapol droop!

F02CF033-3E28-4E01-BACA-5F195806841B.jpeg

265E00E4-8DDE-4DD4-93FD-C0F0DB0FF453.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Impressive progress!

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the Hunt couplings. I've struggled to get them to fit Farish coaches as the ones I have are about 0.2mm too wide for the Farish NEM pockets. They fit nicely in Dapol Mk3s though.

Steven B.

• Informative/Useful 1