acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Ha ha…just spotted a deliberate mistake…..that’s the wrong gantry. That one in the photo with the 4TC is the northern one and I’m doing the southernmost one first!

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, acg5324 said:

The correct arrangement…now with signal arms….one and three need making shorter.

E013B314-B9B7-4072-AECB-B76108B945A1.jpeg

Looks good. Place the taller dolls the same distance apart as your track centres and they'll look spot-on.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Ian Morgan said:

I actually mixed a very little acrylic paint into some Krystal Klear before applying to the arms when I made my signal.

That’s a good idea….I’ll try that next time….only two more gantries to go!

• RMweb Premium

Everything painted and attached. Ladders for the two taller dolls to add plus TC diamonds and handrails.

25011 has just got the road through to Chelsea Goods.

71D719F3-D77A-4E2C-8B85-1435AF8F7CCF.jpeg

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Is it too late to paint the lamps black?

No…..gantry lifts out. Well spotted. I hadn’t realised I’d forgotten them.

The next gantry gets shunt signals as well but will be made using some MSE parts.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Busy social weekend…went to see Jools Holland at the York Barbican last night. Fantastic show, seen him a few times before at the Brighton Centre but more intimate in the much smaller Barbican. Guests included Ruby Turner, Lulu and Chris Difford.

Signal gantry Lamps now painted black…….

Went to the Yorkshire Wolds Railway model railway show at Driffield today. First exhibition in an age. Nice little show, plenty of layouts…15….but rather random arrangement. A big N gauge layout Holgate……south end of York station, that is a a WIP but has potential.

Got the Ladies from Haxby Post Office and partners around tonight for a bit of a gin fest……I’ve been volunteered as barman!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Ian Smeeton said:

Apart from Jools being a modeller, Andy Salmon, his road manager, is our General Manager at Rocks by Rail.

Railway Enthusiasm by Musical osmosis!!

Regards

Ian

He came into Monk Bar Modelshop on Friday but I wasn’t at work so missed him.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

This mornings recycling…….not much Gin drunk last night!

While there was about seven bottles to choose from most went for Hells Bay from Bryher on the Scilly Isles and Mermaid from the Isle of Wight.

8B46C0BB-31F6-43FD-A290-667A12FC93F9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, acg5324 said:

This mornings recycling…….not much Gin drunk last night!

While there was about seven bottles to choose from most went for Hells Bay from Bryher on the Scilly Isles and Mermaid from the Isle of Wight.

8B46C0BB-31F6-43FD-A290-667A12FC93F9.jpeg

Don't you find Fever Tree over-rated and over-priced? I prefer to stick with Schhh-you-know-who.

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Don't you find Fever Tree over-rated and over-priced? I prefer to stick with Schhh-you-know-who.

I agree it’s over-rated but Debbie prefers it….and she does the shopping. It’s often on offer and it does taste better. The Mediterranean tonic ( blue cans) appears to be the tonic of choice with the rest of the Post Office. When we in Cornwall we had some bottles of tonic from another maker, which was nice ……bu**ered if I can remember the brand!

Always chuckle with the Fever tree adverts….3/4 of the drink is the tonic………not in our house!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Not much done to the layout this week as I’m trying to finish the WLL book by the weekend. However the southern signal gantry now has ladders, TC diamonds and the counter balances added.

47096 head south with a parcels train.

743ED296-098F-487A-802B-9B61BF3D7366.jpeg

9EA5A1D7-5E7D-435B-8237-738A123E29B7.jpeg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Ha ha…no chance of that. I do admire people who get there 2mm signals fully working. They are fiddly enough just to get assembled never mind working. ……and on that note the Dapol UQ signal has failed in the off position. Lamp still works but arm won’t move. 

Edited by acg5324
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

My West London book is very nearly finished. Each of the books has been ended with a beer from the area. For the WLL it looked as if it would be London Pride…easily available…it’s even smuggled into Yorkshire!

However, a short trawl through the Interweb brought me to the Portobello brewery which is at Mitre Bridge, so an order was made and a few bottles have arrived….20!

A4834E94-4747-4190-B79A-4E7065D36F6F.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

I officially hate making n gauge signals. This has taken hours to get this far and is only one of three dolls on this gantry. Brass tube, MSE signal parts…why is the arm and spectacle plate two bits. Distant arm is a Ratio one. As you can’t see the back of the signal there are no lamps. There was but the superglue didn’t hold them to the post.

Anyway enough of me moaning…fish, chips and mushy peas for tea!

…..and yes the post is too long!:yes:

F6BB2A69-9B28-402C-A39F-A3C010A52882.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

I see that RevolutioN have opened the order books for the Cartic4s……need to decide which one(s). It won’t be the Motorail version as these were off Motorail service years before the time frame of the layout.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1