acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Like Harry Potter I was banished to the cupboard under the stairs yesterday. It was on my lockdown DIY list to clear it out, repaint and refloor it. I’ve also got some PIR LED lights to illuminate the darkness. Took 45 mins just to empty it....but found we had 21 bottles of red wine, 4 bottles of fizz, 6 bottles of white and 2 of Rose in there.....plus the Gin!.......and that’s in addition to what’s in the fridge.

Painting is all done, fit the lights next and get the flooring down today.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Best laid plans the flooring didn’t get laid as the part pack I had wasn’t big enough. A trip to Wickes this morning and two packs of laminate flooring now being acclimatised for laying tomorrow.

So as Sgt Major Williams would have said ......Oh dear how sad never mind! Back to the Hand and Flower pub.

The front wall is coming along, lots of bits of faux mouldings added etc. 

829860B1-6EEE-4B08-B3C7-DFDF8C08C803.jpeg

3B12E194-DE45-4C65-AF7C-132A2D6EAF88.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• RMweb Premium

Cupboard under the stairs all done...hoorah.......last of the old carpet from when the House was built has gone replaced with the new flooring.

Back to the pub...which I can do legally from today....providing I have something to eat too!

Front wall has been completed undercoated and overcoated, the two rear walls have been painted too, windows and doors added. Details need picking out and the doors painted. Hopefully I’ll make a start on the two remaining walls tomorrow.

AE00E34C-4D54-4270-A20E-B35EC0FAEEFB.jpeg

FF3605CF-BECF-4EC6-94EC-BF7497150C71.jpeg

B7951A46-B391-4244-B4F8-17129988D5A4.jpeg

7152E8DE-5AAE-4127-91AD-4D8F5AD5CE02.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 14
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

The Take Courage sign seems to have changed colours over the years, I have a photo of it in red, which I will probably change it to. The C is also a little high.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

A couple of pints and one pickled egg should do the trick.

Pickled eggs.......just not right. Always looked like some sort of alien life form bobbing around in the jar on the top of the Fish shops fryers.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well it took longer than expected to get all the windows and doors fitted, but the Hand and Flower is coming along nicely. Take Courage sign now Red.....needs the shine taking off the letters. I’ve made a start on the other two walls.

365CE45F-95C3-44B9-9A45-5A8777B19712.jpeg

2366BC77-0FC5-4C5D-A795-6E1C100D0C72.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Well it took longer than expected to get all the windows and doors fitted, but the Hand and Flower is coming along nicely. Take Courage sign now Red.....needs the shine taking off the letters. I’ve made a start on the other two walls.

365CE45F-95C3-44B9-9A45-5A8777B19712.jpeg

2366BC77-0FC5-4C5D-A795-6E1C100D0C72.jpeg

The R seems a little higher than the others.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

The R seems a little higher than the others.

It is a tad John, it’s also flatter against the wall so there’s a bit of optical illusion at work.

Back to “work” today and tomorrow, so no progress until Sunday at the earliest.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

A parcel arrived yesterday with some.....more buildings!

The small block of flats will go at the north end of the station in Russell Rd. It will lose its ground floor shops and gain a brick facia. The Faller buildings will get modified to go next to 1 Addison Bridge Place, losing their flat roof profiles. The sunbathers will end up on balconies and in gardens. Its summer all year round in Kensington!

E9107863-6FC4-4316-B7F4-246F994F1E3C.jpeg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

First paid for haircut since March today, walked straight in and served straight away! 

As as a result of light headedness I spent most of the afternoon continuing with the two remaining walls of the Hand and Flower. The long wall has in excess of 200 parts.

Ill check and make sure I haven’t left anything off and then give it a squirt of undercoat later.

97AC8074-18D6-430E-B5D0-D0FB0EB7F252.jpeg

860333BE-C9C1-448A-ACBC-9F9D609104FE.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium

Collected my sound fitted class 31 from work today. Had a quick play test. Good sound quality, has a previously unknown function to me on DCC. Turn the power off and use F2 to brake complete with all the air being dumped if you hold the function down. Got some 2mm Slaters letters to do one of the name boards on the pub too.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 1

On 08/12/2020 at 18:50, acg5324 said:

First paid for haircut since March today, walked straight in and served straight away! 

As as a result of light headedness I spent most of the afternoon continuing with the two remaining walls of the Hand and Flower. The long wall has in excess of 200 parts.

Ill check and make sure I haven’t left anything off and then give it a squirt of undercoat later.

97AC8074-18D6-430E-B5D0-D0FB0EB7F252.jpeg

860333BE-C9C1-448A-ACBC-9F9D609104FE.jpeg

That's coming along nicely and getting very impressive.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I've liked your buildings since the early days of Springfield Parkway and Tarrant Riverside, as you know, but what I admire most is the rapidity with which you make them. Great stuff.

Thanks John, not rapid enough for my liking. Thank you and Veronica for your Christmas card which landed on the 2nd December, we’ve only just opened them as Debbie has just cleared her birthday cards which was 1st December. 

That's coming along nicely and getting very impressive.

Thanks Grahame, still a beginner compared to you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Finally got undercoat and a top coat on the remaining two walls of the Hand and Flower. Windows and doors to fit before attaching the walls.

6785BB18-7F28-43F5-B476-F37FE7FB4845.jpeg

DECC987F-808B-4952-8D3B-A917253F06A2.jpeg

Which layout featured the Rat and Goldfish? Was it Springfield?

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Which layout featured the Rat and Goldfish? Was it Springfield?

Gosh that’s a blast from the past John. I think it might have been Kings Oak, don’t remember a pub on Springfield Parkway. In fact I think it was Highcombe. The pub was a resin casting, can’t remember the source, but it was a “London” style pub. Think the pub is still there on H2.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

Gosh that’s a blast from the past John. I think it might have been Kings Oak, don’t remember a pub on Springfield Parkway. In fact I think it was Highcombe. The pub was a resin casting, can’t remember the source, but it was a “London” style pub. Think the pub is still there on H2.

I think you're right now you mention it. Of course, the current Highcombe is Mk 3 I think - Mk 1 was the removable branch above the big main line layout wasn't it? Bobby might remember.

Edited by St Enodoc