acg5324

On 29/11/2020 at 07:45, acg5324 said:

Like Harry Potter I was banished to the cupboard under the stairs yesterday. It was on my lockdown DIY list to clear it out, repaint and refloor it. I’ve also got some PIR LED lights to illuminate the darkness. Took 45 mins just to empty it....but found we had 21 bottles of red wine, 4 bottles of fizz, 6 bottles of white and 2 of Rose in there.....plus the Gin!.......and that’s in addition to what’s in the fridge.

Painting is all done, fit the lights next and get the flooring down today.

That's Christmas booze sorted then! :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A small bag of goodies from work. The Evergreen square section will be used for chimney stacks as I always find it a struggle to get them square due to the small size. I can double width these for larger stacks and just wrap them in brick card.

F039FD57-AF71-4511-A56B-2A6AE374BEA2.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

Hehe good meal then. How are you anyway? I haven't managed to get back down south since this chaos started.

We’re both well Alex, I’ve only been down for a reunion with former retired work colleagues in Redhill in the summer, not to Brighton at all. Keith Carter visited here during the summer. Hope you and the family are all well......from the FB pics the littleun is growing up quickly.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, acg5324 said:

A small bag of goodies from work. The Evergreen square section will be used for chimney stacks as I always find it a struggle to get them square due to the small size. I can double width these for larger stacks and just wrap them in brick card.

F039FD57-AF71-4511-A56B-2A6AE374BEA2.jpeg

Have you got a Dornaplas 4mm scale goods shed (PSW14) in the shop? If so please put one aside for me!

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Have you got a Dornaplas 4mm scale goods shed (PSW14) in the shop? If so please put one aside for me!

We haven’t got any Dornaplas  John, these have come from Gaugemaster as they act as a wholesaler.  They are showing PSW14 as available but out of stock. What I have looks like some old stock. I didn’t realise they were made by Springside........they are showing on their website but not on the price list which is dated Aug 2020. I’ll keep an eye out on eBay etc for you.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

We haven’t got any Dornaplas  John, these have come from Gaugemaster as they act as a wholesaler.  They are showing PSW14 as available but out of stock. What I have looks like some old stock. I didn’t realise they were made by Springside........they are showing on their website but not on the price list which is dated Aug 2020. I’ll keep an eye out on eBay etc for you.

Yes, I know - thanks for checking anyway. It's a nice small shed for limited spaces. I've got one kit but another would save me scratchbuilding!

• RMweb Premium

The final two walls of the Hand and Flower were attached today after a few people were used to populate it.

Small amount of filler needed on the corner. I’ve now started making up roofs and chimnies.

4FB5D59E-35E5-4B12-9CE1-2AD95DC86921.jpeg

CF2B93BD-424D-41CF-9791-B6A72EA6C502.jpeg

6DF68C4C-EBD0-4C55-8486-57FF60ED783F.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, grahame said:

Some great modelling progress there. It's a super statement building with presence and solidity.

Thank you Grahame, especially appreciated coming from you.

• RMweb Premium

Excellent work as ever Andy.

Could the tube at the top of the large grey vent be thinned down a little or replaced with either brass tube, a drinking straw or even rolled up paper - the pipe wall looks about a scale 6" thick!

Steven B.

Edited by Steven B

• RMweb Premium
On 16/12/2020 at 12:48, Steven B said:

Excellent work as ever Andy.

Could the tube at the top of the large grey vent be thinned down a little or replaced with either brass tube, a drinking straw or even rolled up paper - the pipe wall looks about a scale 6" thick!

Steven B.

Thanks Steven, the kitchen vent has been thinned out a bit, but I agree it does still look a bit thick. I was hoping to loose the thickness with some weathering but the drinking straw is a good idea.

Edited by acg5324

• RMweb Premium

Mrs G and I had socially distanced meet up with friends last night, our planned venue was no go, so we ended up at the York Tap on York station. Limited range of beer not surprisingly but the only substantial meals available were actually Scotch Egg, Sausage Roll or two versions of Pork Pie! Side dishes were either Salt and Vinegar, Ready Salted or Cheese and Onion flavoured!

A couple of pints of Kirkstall IPA consumed while chatting and watching the sad sight of nearly empty trains passing by.

99ECF79B-38D7-49C0-B4A7-74344C169490.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Is it sad that I managed to find a 1979/80 National Express route number timetable on eBay for services to and from London so that I can put correct routes on the model coaches?

8CFED681-E0BC-443E-ADF6-A674DDCAE393.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

Today I fitted the Hand and Flowers plus 1 Addison Bridge Place into the pavements. I’ve made a start on the next building which is a Faller kit that will be heavily anglicised.

4B75AE1B-4681-4C9E-8856-F4654FDA01C2.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

Is it sad that I managed to find a 1979/80 National Express route number timetable on eBay for services to and from London so that I can put correct routes on the model coaches?

Ah, but then you need to get the right operating unit, coach type, registration, livery variation....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, ian said:

Ah, but then you need to get the right operating unit, coach type, registration, livery variation....

With just three different vehicle types available in Natex livery it’ll be a case of Hobson choice. I’m surprised no one does NBC waterslide transfers to rebrand vehicles to other companies.

• RMweb Premium

You can tell it’s getting near Christmas. Knock on the door last night from one of our Neighbours. Two bags of Eccles cakes and two of Bacon, sprout and Chesnut Danish pastries from Haxby Bakehouse. All fresh that morning, our Neighbour is retired ex Met Police does a few hours a week as one of their delivery drivers. Danish for breakfast then!.....and very nice it was.

7C07D03C-B35B-4DA7-936B-E6360BBF2DB7.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, acg5324 said:

With just three different vehicle types available in Natex livery it’ll be a case of Hobson choice. I’m surprised no one does NBC waterslide transfers to rebrand vehicles to other companies.

The model bus 'bits' market is concentrated in 4mm scale - and fairly patchy there. 2mm doesn't register on their radar. TBH I don't think anyone will notice.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Try Model Bus Transfers, philippaine@talktalk.net who made the transfers for my Southern Vectis and West Wight Bedford OBs. He does a list of products, but no web site. He did a great job on the West Wight transfers considering I only found one photo on the Internet for him to work from. With a good eyepiece I could read the managing director's name and address panel, not bad for 2mm scale.

IMG_20200112_103616

Edited by Ian Morgan
Added not very good photos, but all I could find.
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Not much progress to report this week so far as I’ve been at work...well I say work..........

A tiny amount of progress with the next building. Rear wall has a matching part from another similar kit spliced on, ground floor will gain an extension.

14EACD53-D252-4C41-91F4-2245236172D7.jpeg

7526BE4B-30AE-4AC9-BF15-2B2C1E6E5407.jpeg

• Like 6