acg5324

There's an episode of The Sweeney on TV now that features driving past your new advertising hoarding to the station entrance and walking over the footbridge. It'll be on again in the +1 hour catch-up for ITV4 and again tomorrow morning - episode is 'Selected target' from 1976 (S3 E1) and featuring a very young looking Maureen Lipman.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, grahame said:

There's an episode of The Sweeney on TV now that features driving past your new advertising hoarding to the station entrance and walking over the footbridge. It'll be on again in the +1 hour catch-up for ITV4 and again tomorrow morning - episode is 'Selected target' from 1976 (S3 E1) and featuring a very young looking Maureen Lipman.

I’ll find that on Youtube, thanks.

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, grahame said:

Watched the bit around Olympia...great stuff and an advert for the kind of cars we would like ODC to make.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Collected my supplies today. I’ve attached the wiring loom to six point motors which will be installed tomorrow. 

My EFE Shark brakevan was ready to collect too.

I’ve received an order from Scale Model Scenery which includes more 1mm grey board which I had run out of. More pavements as well....hopefully enough to finish the layout. I have emailed them about the white bus stop markings and the suggestion is being passed on.

33CC1022-1010-49A1-B8FA-DD040379203B.jpeg

2FE70E4B-A9C2-4BEA-B3F3-13460DAB6610.jpeg

46F5EA34-0D38-456F-A123-4C3B965ED6B3.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Trawling the Internet for some n gauge traffic lights.......mmmm.........looks like Langley and P&D Marsh are the only options and nether look that brilliant. The P&D Marsh ones are much the better ones. I might be having to make them myself. Thinking brass tube poles or rod and plasticard heads... maybe paper on 10thou plasticard for the lamp hoods.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

As Jimmy would have said, slight cock up on the catering front Reggie........ I got 6 point motors earlier in the week......I needed 9!

Rummaging through my draws I found one rather crusty looking motor still with the long pin which worked and after a quick spray of Servisol was off like a Labrador that had OD’ed on Bob Martins!

That leaves me two short which I will have to get later.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

As the wiring gets paused I’ve made a start on my two Poole Farish Mk2s to strip them prior to adding Electra Rail Vinyl sides. The sides have been striped with Non acetone nail varnish remover and some of Mrs G cotton make up removal pads......

7FE66F17-A549-47A5-B114-BE97D035FDCE.jpeg

Looks like the rear one needs a bit more attention with the Acetone.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Lovely dinner tonight, did some Oven baked Sea Bass with roasted onions, red pepper and garlic.....plus garlic potatoes. Managed to wash this down with a nice bottle of St Austell Proper Job.......and I’ve a bottle of Dark Star ( Sussex) APA for later. Found that Waitrose in York had some when I went earlier in the week.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Lovely dinner tonight, did some Oven baked Sea Bass with roasted onions, red pepper and garlic.....plus garlic potatoes. Managed to wash this down with a nice bottle of St Austell Proper Job.......and I’ve a bottle of Dark Star ( Sussex) APA for later. Found that Waitrose in York had some when I went earlier in the week.

Enjoyed Dark Star on draught last time I visited BMRC, so I'm sure the bottled stuff will be good too.

• Like 1

The brewer for Dark Star was a friend of mine although it's now owned by Fullers and probably much is contract brewed. He was recently featured as a beer hero in the Beer magazine.

I prefer the Dark Star Hophead (light and hoppy) and find that the draught is better than the bottled. I do have a few bottles and will have some later tonight while watching the footie highlights. I did have just one bottle last night as I had my covid vaccine jab early in the evening and thought I'd better not overdo it.

Anyway, you've done a good job cleaning the paint off those Farish Mk2s.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Hophead is very nice.....we hadn’t moved up to York via long and went into Aldi and found they had loads of bottles at £1.29 for 500ml...not short dated.....I helped reduce their stock...never seen anymore.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 12/02/2021 at 10:31, acg5324 said:

As Jimmy would have said, slight cock up on the catering front Reggie........ I got 6 point motors earlier in the week......I needed 9!

Rummaging through my draws I found one rather crusty looking motor still with the long pin which worked and after a quick spray of Servisol was off like a Labrador that had OD’ed on Bob Martins!

That leaves me two short which I will have to get later.

I’m going to blame it on age.....the point motors I thought I was short of are for the scissors crossover which is not going to be used......so I’m not short...in fact I now have two spare motors....always a good thing.

I'm going to do the truth table for the next Diode mattrix today.....it might not go well on current form.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Truth table completed and checked three times...so I’ve only myself to blame if it’s wrong......

I decided to take 31A&B points out of the equation. These are the crossovers at the north end of the station LH of the fiddle yard to allow Down main routes to gain the Up Main. These will get there own button on the panel rather than being route set, they are in the middle of the first picture.

CB8FAB35-2780-4B7C-A9A3-335304FC4696.jpeg

C74DAA2F-8D59-4A70-93E3-AD80796F713F.jpeg

4AE484A9-FC57-48FB-ABAA-6373430A8A3E.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I need to build a small brick substation building, strangely lacking in pictures of London ones on the Interweb.........Wolverhampton is a different matter!

Theres a “nice” one with a pitched roof a few hundred yards from our house which I might build instead.

538AAD48-1028-4AF4-BEC4-5B4E477748B8.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

I need to build a small brick substation building, strangely lacking in pictures of London ones on the Interweb.........Wolverhampton is a different matter!

Theres a “nice” one with a pitched roof a few hundred yards from our house which I might build instead.

Apart from the skylight, it looks similar to those I remember in North London.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Apart from the skylight, it looks similar to those I remember in North London.

It looks like a later addition so I’ll leave it off. It’ll be easy to size up as I can stand along the side and count the bricks!....or just bring a tape measure.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Apart from the fencing it fits in well with the style of the houses.

The one opposite my house is a bit of a bomb shelter but, again, probably suits the adjacent '60s architecture:

IMG_20210215_0859416_rewind.jpg.025efa603c222fdf8b1dc811e45265e8.jpg

At least it's tucked away a bit!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Not got much done this week or so it seems.........

Finished the last of the Diode Matrix’s.

58F1AD88-586D-4373-8B3D-E180CB84D487.jpeg

Got the Electra Rail sides on one of the stripped Farish shells. This is a Mk2b BFK.

4BFDED4B-8BC7-4BC5-9EA6-C437D1785676.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Weather was fine enough to have a cup of coffee and some bikkies outside...and get a bit of a great book read. 69.4F.......until the sun went behind a cloud and it dropped 10 degrees!

120C6762-902F-42D4-BC38-6695E3EA295A.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday evening I started to dismantle the Fleischmann bogie curtain sided wagon, ready to respray it. It’s a cleverly constructed wagon with all the underframe side panels just push fitted so that a variety of layouts can be modelled.....it also means they fall of easily! The ends also clip fit into a false end, these were easily removed for spraying. When you turn the wagon upside down there are two prominent clips that look like they hold the curtain sided body on. They don’t....If anyone else gets one DO NOT touch these clips as they hold the kinetic close coupler springs in place......and hour later I got the springs refitted.

The body and underframe has been sprayed Tamiya Navy Blue, The bogies matt Black as my model had brown bogies. Some of the models have handbrake wheels fitted. This one didn’t so I’ll have to raid my parts bin. The buffers have been removed to make life easier painting them.....they were brown too.

This one will be in Transferry livery, I will get another to put into Easiloader colours, the ladders are removable to model this wagon.

5E82300C-6F46-4B64-AA95-668D281245DC.jpeg

CE63065B-A886-4E5C-8BCA-E4E847CD11FC.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Looks like a weeks post arrived today.....some 2mm beads for Belisha beacons....enough for 100 pairs!!!.......and......

Three Massey Ferguson 1970s tractor kits to be a load on a Railease carflat.

B9BB1EDB-F67A-48A7-9C7A-B90EAB9602ED.jpeg

FD5AC4E7-CA0F-4E6D-8F5A-5A0B998EFF47.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 5