acg5324

• RMweb Premium

The EA van has had its final coat of paint. Just needs me to make and add transfers, Royal Mail, and then varnish. I noticed it doesn’t have a front number plate as that should hang under the front bumper. I’ll find a bit of brass to add this.

26434C09-58FE-40B6-B60D-F46E191F5C23.jpeg

3E648D27-5F9A-4E40-B80D-F103DCB77FC9.jpeg

798A6632-3577-4589-9C0B-0D9D50A6903D.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Other than toning down the chocks the Tractor load on the Carflat is complete…….the rest of the tractors went on much easier as I worked out a little system for not getting the cotton snagged. One tractor decided to stick instantly to the deck at a slightly jaunty angle…..it’ll have to remain like that as I felt that I’d break the tractor trying to get it off.

image.jpg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Off to NGS Yorkshire group meeting tomorrow. Not sure what to take with me to do…..probably some more coaches or wagons for weathering.

I’ve got some goodies on order from Steve at Railtec. Some custom numbers to change 47096 to 47144, this had domino headcodes in 1980 so that’s being attended to. Numbers and Plates for 47480 are also on there way. This was one of favourite locos, and I was at its naming ceremony too.https://zenfolio.page.link/pGi6o

The donor class 47 for this will need a bit more work as 47480 had a Stones boiler not the Spanner one modelled by Farish.

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Got a fair few cars painted at the NGS meet today…..in various states…..most have not had the Marskol removed from the windows.

Can anyone identify the bronze coloured car? Looks a bit Talbot Solara or VW Passat but not quite.

BD8A15DA-9C31-4C38-89E8-82881D75DB8D.jpeg

794F9A2D-EDC4-4A2E-A3F5-4258967F58AD.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

A parcel that had been sitting on our kitchen top since Friday, admittedly buried a bit by other post, was not an Amazon Parcel for Debbie but my IWA ferry vans from Revolution Trains…..and very nice they are too. I now have three different bogie ferry van types. They are a bit too late for my era but what the heck and it’s good to support Revolution Trains……just need them to announce the class 203 now.

8E151E7B-EF29-4555-BC93-61894A6FDF1A.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 9

Hi Andy,

Reading thru all 77 Page of this thread with fascination.

I’m interested in so many aspects of your construction, including buildings and especially the platforms and glass. I’m looking at having a go at Mansfield Railway station and the glass canopy - gulp.

On 12/12 on page 54 you posted a photo showing a bridge/viaduct. Do you know which model/make that is, by any chance? (I’ve got to page 54 and spotted the picture with the bridge, hence the question)

I can’t add any more to the superlatives others have posted.  Superb. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andy_C said:

Hi Andy,

I’m interested in so many aspects of your construction, including buildings and especially the platforms and glass. I’m looking at having a go at Mansfield Railway station and the glass canopy - gulp.

On 12/12 on page 54 you posted a photo showing a bridge/viaduct. Do you know which model/make that is, by any chance? (I’ve got to page 54 and spotted the picture with the bridge, hence the question)

thanks very much for the comments, there are some superb layouts on RMweb…….and more to come from mine.

If it’s the viaduct with Father Pigmas flying by……that’s the Wills Kit SS80.  It’s on the window display in Monk Bar Modelshop in York. I work a couple of days a week there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andy_C said:

Hi Andy,

thanks very much for the comments, there are some superb layouts on RMweb…….and more to come from mine.

If it’s the viaduct with Father Pigmas flying by……that’s the Wills Kit SS80.  It’s on the window display in Monk Bar Modelshop in York. I work a couple of days a week there.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Got a fair few cars painted at the NGS meet today…..in various states…..most have not had the Marskol removed from the windows.

Can anyone identify the bronze coloured car? Looks a bit Talbot Solara or VW Passat but not quite.

BD8A15DA-9C31-4C38-89E8-82881D75DB8D.jpeg

794F9A2D-EDC4-4A2E-A3F5-4258967F58AD.jpeg

I think it is more Passat-like, possibly Mk2? The Solara had a more droop-snoot style front with rectangular lights....

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Davexoc said:

I think it is more Passat-like, possibly Mk2? The Solara had a more droop-snoot style front with rectangular lights....

It’s been in the box a while, I’d forgotten what it was!

1 hour ago, acg5324 said:

Hi Andy. Thanks for clarifying. I’m also looking at modelling in N Gauge. I already feel sorry for my eyes! A quick search found a Peco N viaduct that actually looks very similar to the one in town. 

Can you clarify what material you placed on your 10mm polystyrene for you platforms? I liked the edging you’ve done, and clearly the ability to add curves may prove useful. 

Finally thank you in anticipation of your time in answering my questions.

Andy.

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Andy_C said:

Hi Andy. Thanks for clarifying. I’m also looking at modelling in N Gauge. I already feel sorry for my eyes! A quick search found a Peco N viaduct that actually looks very similar to the one in town. 

Can you clarify what material you placed on your 10mm polystyrene for you platforms? I liked the edging you’ve done, and clearly the ability to add curves may prove useful. 

Andy.

No problem with questions ever…..I spent my railway career asking questions when I didn’t know and answering questions when I did.

The platforms were covered with a grey card….it comes in A4 sheets….I think it’s 1.5 or 2mm thick. I’ll check. The edging is a strip cut from the Metcalfe paving sheets. It will bend to a degree but is largely made up of tangents. A white line is then painted down the edge.

2 minutes ago, acg5324 said:

The platforms were covered with a grey card….it comes in A4 sheets….I think it’s 1.5 or 2mm thick. I’ll check. The edging is a strip cut from the Metcalfe paving sheets. It will bend to a degree but is largely made up of tangents. A white line is then painted down the edge.

Thanks. I’m still at the pondering stage. I need to have a play with the track planning software. I could model the station and then out in effect towards Sutton. This would include the goods sidings and steam shed. The shed was in a sort of strange direction, until you realise why. I’ll cover that more as my layout develops. I’m not rushing it. I’d like to learn more of the superb skills on show on here, especially with the station building and canopy. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andy_C said:

Andy.

No problem with questions ever…..I spent my railway career asking questions when I didn’t know and answering questions when I did.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, acg5324 said:

A parcel that had been sitting on our kitchen top since Friday, admittedly buried a bit by other post, was not an Amazon Parcel for Debbie but my IWA ferry vans from Revolution Trains…..and very nice they are too. I now have three different bogie ferry van types. They are a bit too late for my era but what the heck and it’s good to support Revolution Trains……just need them to announce the class 203 now.

8E151E7B-EF29-4555-BC93-61894A6FDF1A.jpeg

Good morning Andy,

I agree that the IWAs do look good, I haven't bought any yet as I've only ever come across one instance of them venturing up my chosen West Highland Line and as they looked spotless I wondered if it had just been a test run.

The wagon in your photo that really does interest me though is the curtain sided Transferry wagon, can I ask what it's origins are, please ? I've seen a similar looking wagon from one of the continental manufacturers but as it will be 1:160 scale and in France I haven't yet plucked up the courage to 'test buy' one to see if I could make it fit.

I really need to come along to one of the NGS meetings at York as I only live in Leeds and have been a member for years, although yesterday may not have been the best day as it was chaos on the railways due to the high winds bringing down several trees.

Kind regards,

Ian.

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Could be a 4 headlight Hillman Avenger (I used to own a GLS). I would need to see the shape of the rear light cluster to be sure though.

Hillman-Avenger-1970-e1595162601446.jpg?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 03060 said:

Good morning Andy,

I agree that the IWAs do look good, I haven't bought any yet as I've only ever come across one instance of them venturing up my chosen West Highland Line and as they looked spotless I wondered if it had just been a test run.

The wagon in your photo that really does interest me though is the curtain sided Transferry wagon, can I ask what it's origins are, please ? I've seen a similar looking wagon from one of the continental manufacturers but as it will be 1:160 scale and in France I haven't yet plucked up the courage to 'test buy' one to see if I could make it fit.

I really need to come along to one of the NGS meetings at York as I only live in Leeds and have been a member for years, although yesterday may not have been the best day as it was chaos on the railways due to the high winds bringing down several trees.

Kind regards,

Ian.

It’s a Fleischmann model, comes in various liveries. I resprayed it and the decals come from Precision Decals which also has the Easiloader version on the same sheet. I think some versions come with LHB bogies rather than Y25s so you need to check what you buy. it’s model 837001 and onwards.

5F91C365-0F4F-4B23-87B5-709543247738.jpeg

Edited by acg5324
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ian Morgan said:

Could be a 4 headlight Hillman Avenger (I used to own a GLS). I would need to see the shape of the rear light cluster to be sure though.

Wish it was an Avenger but it’s not the right shape. My Uncle had a couple as repmobiles…….nice car.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2022 at 09:23, acg5324 said:

Other than toning down the chocks the Tractor load on the Carflat is complete…….the rest of the tractors went on much easier as I worked out a little system for not getting the cotton snagged. One tractor decided to stick instantly to the deck at a slightly jaunty angle…..it’ll have to remain like that as I felt that I’d break the tractor trying to get it off.

image.jpg

That looks really nice, well worth persevering with the string!

Jo

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, acg5324 said:

It’s a Fleischmann model, comes in various liveries. I resprayed it and the decals come from Precision Decals which also has the Easiloader version on the same sheet. I think some versions come with LHB bogies rather than Y25s so you need to check what you buy. it’s model 837001 and onwards.

5F91C365-0F4F-4B23-87B5-709543247738.jpeg

Thanks Andy,

That's similar to what I'd seen from the shop in France, Trix 15116-01, I think that there is a version with different undergubbings aswell but it's difficult to tell from the photos, it certainly doesn't look out of place among the cargowaggons.

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
Extra info added.

5 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Wish it was an Avenger but it’s not the right shape. My Uncle had a couple as repmobiles…….nice car.

Always reminds me of the garage scene in 'One Foot in the Grave' -

"Victor Meldrew - The Crimson Avenger!"

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

Finally worked out what the car was...it was bought via a Shapeways order back in the summer........they are....glad this wasn't a competition......we'd be going for days.....1978 Mitsubishi Gallant!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1