"Two steam trains in one day"

Ramblin Rich

Great photos and really interesting dialogue - thanks

I'm a new member and just moved into the area of starcross-cockwood-dawlish and can (just) see the track from my upstairs window.

Any advice on how to know in advance what times any unusual locos due on the line would be REALLY appreciated - thank you

From the string, I have now discovered the delights of the Dawlish webcam, but to know what steam locos are due every weekend would be magic.  Thanks Kevin

Devon charters in the next few days, both planned for steam haulage.  Dawlish timings again for the webcam:

1) Sunday September 15th

Torbay Express

Dawlish: Down: 11.29; Up: 17.42.

2) Tuesday September 17th

Cathedrals Express

Dawlish: Down: 13.40; Up: 18.07.

• RMweb Premium

Great photos and really interesting dialogue - thanks

I'm a new member and just moved into the area of starcross-cockwood-dawlish and can (just) see the track from my upstairs window.

Any advice on how to know in advance what times any unusual locos due on the line would be REALLY appreciated - thank you

From the string, I have now discovered the delights of the Dawlish webcam, but to know what steam locos are due every weekend would be magic.  Thanks Kevin

Don't expect steam every weekend Kevin, but keep an eye on the links already given. You may also see steam mid week. 

www.uksteam.info for the steam trips

www.railwayherald.co.uk for all charters

www.realtimetrains.co.uk for up-to-date timings

www.uksteam.info for the steam trips

www.railwayherald.co.uk for all charters

www.realtimetrains.co.uk for up-to-date timings

Devon charters in the next few days, both planned for steam haulage.  Dawlish timings again for the webcam:

1) Sunday September 15th

Torbay Express

Dawlish: Down: 11.29; Up: 17.42.

2) Tuesday September 17th

Cathedrals Express

Dawlish: Down: 13.40; Up: 18.07.

Don't expect steam every weekend Kevin, but keep an eye on the links already given. You may also see steam mid week. 

Thanks  everyone for the helpful advice - i did go for a walk to Dawlish to see where the camera was (its attached to an amazing house) but that is DEFINITELY not me in the photo on the bridge

• 1 month later...

Archived