The railways of Ben Ashworth country.

West Gloucestershire & Wye Valley Lines

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Talking to the Lightmoor Press folk at Ally Pally yesterday I understand that the third volume in this series is now in preparation although I didn't ask what area it covers.

I bought this one even better than the volume covering the eastern end of Devon

ightmoor.co.uk/books/british-railways-the-first-25-years-volume-5-the-south-west-north-devon-plymouth-and-cornwall/L8146

In addition 7 (seven) newly revised volumes of Tony Cooke's excellent 'Track Layout Diagrams of the Great Western Railway and BR Western Region' are at an advanced state pending publication and some, if not all, should be available by the date of the Thiornbury show in November.  They will include one completely new volume covering the Cambrian lines.

Talking to the Lightmoor Press folk at Ally Pally yesterday I understand that the third volume in this series is now in preparation although I didn't ask what area it covers.

I bought this one even better than the volume covering the eastern end of Devon

ightmoor.co.uk/books/british-railways-the-first-25-years-volume-5-the-south-west-north-devon-plymouth-and-cornwall/L8146

In addition 7 (seven) newly revised volumes of Tony Cooke's excellent 'Track Layout Diagrams of the Great Western Railway and BR Western Region' are at an advanced state pending publication and some, if not all, should be available by the date of the Thiornbury show in November.  They will include one completely new volume covering the Cambrian lines.

Hi, 

This should be Volume 3 "The Midland in Gloucestershire" which Neil Parkhouse hopes to launch at the Thornbury Show in the autumn.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Lightmoor Press have announced a revised edition of West Gloucestershire and Wye Valley Lines. There will also be a supplement volume for those who purchased the first issue.

The supplement will be 48 pages and include all the new photos etc. that will be in the second edition. The supplement will cost £7.50.

The second edition is priced @ £30.00.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Lightmoor Press have announced a revised edition of West Gloucestershire and Wye Valley Lines. There will also be a supplement volume for those who purchased the first issue.

The supplement will be 48 pages and include all the new photos etc. that will be in the second edition. The supplement will cost £7.50.

That's on my list then - thanks for the heads up!

If diesel photos are included can I humbly suggest careful proof reading of the captions - some in the original were a bit creative, but did not detract from the overall presentation...

Phil

The books will be in the Lightmoor Press warehouse on 14th June according to their web site. 

Thanks for the tip off about the supplement. One of my favourite railway books and an absorbing insight into a different time when life was less hurried.

Thanks Fenway.

Matt W

Supplement duly ordered and delivered. Worth it for the picture of a train at Brockweir heading towards Tintern alone. Some other wonderful images in there too. Not spotted any of the occaisionaly 'optimistic' DMU ids present in the original first volume.

The volumes on the Devon and Somerset look rather tempting. Have to say , with their 'Red Panniers' featuring lots of colour images of my dear departed father, Lightmoor press is my favourite railway publisher. Come to think of it their Ruabon to Barmouth book is a peach too.

Keep it up chaps - tboroughly excellent railway publishing.

Kind regards

Matt Wood

• RMweb Gold

Supplement duly ordered and delivered. Worth it for the picture of a train at Brockweir heading towards Tintern alone. Some other wonderful images in there too. Not spotted any of the occaisionaly 'optimistic' DMU ids present in the original first volume.

The volumes on the Devon and Somerset look rather tempting. Have to say , with their 'Red Panniers' featuring lots of colour images of my dear departed father, Lightmoor press is my favourite railway publisher. Come to think of it their Ruabon to Barmouth book is a peach too.

Keep it up chaps - tboroughly excellent railway publishing.

Kind regards

Matt Wood

Its page 29 that does it for me.... 45699 on a seindon - Gloucester - Hereford working!?!??!!!

No date but...

Is it my imagination or does she have the diagonal cabside stripe? Headlamp bracket also moved down from top of smokebox door....does this mean the photo has to be in a narrow window from September 64 (when yellow stripes banning locos under wires south of Crewe appeared) and November 64 when the line closed?

Phil