Modelling LT

bluegoblin7

Hi there,

I'm looking to create a (fictional) LT-related diorama, and after a little bit of help. I'm not too great with kit building (in particular finishing, painting and detailing) so am predominantly looking at RTR stuff, or would be willing to pay if there are any services out there that will build kits for you.

I have recently purchased the Bachmann models of L150, L89 and L94 (yes, I got sucked into the prices!) and would love to put some accurate rolling stock behind them. Obviously L150 is really only suited to some kind of passenger stock, although I'm up for artistic license across the board. Are there any appropriate coaches and freight/engineers wagons available for these three?

I'm also a fan of the Class 20s, and I'd love to have some LT examples. Are there any models available of the two that were painted for this year, or from the 'original' Steam on the Met in the '90s? L189 is a must to be honest! If there aren't, again, is there anywhere that is able to do a respray/livery on a similar 20?

I'd also love models of Sarah Siddons and Met 1, although I'm fairly certain RTR models aren't available. Any tips and pointers on these?

Finally... tube/sub-surface stock. I'm aware that EFE now offer '38 stock and '59 stock in RTR form - are these worth the (hefty) price? Is there any provision made to allow them to be easily motorised? And does anyone have any tips for this? Are there also any models available for, in particular, the A stock and the S stock - kit or otherwise?

Really... any advice at all is appreciated. Not looking for any accuracy as such, it's just a little bit of fun to keep me occupied. Sorry for all the questions!

Thank you,

Jack

Radley models sell a lot of the older Dreadnought Coaches from the 1900s to 1960s in kit form which would look good with L150. I've simply repainted older Hornby 3, 4, 5 and Bachmann 3 plank wagons into a approimation of LT grey and used the modelmaster LT wagon decal pack on them. Cheap, easy to do and they look good with the Panniers as well :).

Jon

Radley models have produced kits for a standard GP flat wagon with removable sides which would be ideal mixed in with a mineral wagon or two and the SE Finecast brakevan. that would certainly suit the panniers. Bill Bedford has produced a kit for a dreadnought, and London Road produce kits for the 1898 bogie stock.

I do some Met steam hauled stock in the SLM range, but if you're not happy with lots of kit building, I doubt whether card bodied rolling stock would be much use. There are probably some building kits on our website which would be of use though.

http://cdcdesign.webplus.net/hobbykits.html

Have a look through the links at the bottom of the page, there may be something that catches your eye.

Archived