Part Work Mk.1 Coachs into CIE Green Livery

Georgeconna

Picked up a Dozen of these last week and a cracking little coaches they are for the monies asked for. I re sprayed them into CIE Green livery. Although never the real deal they look quite nice in the green livery. Decals are from Studio Scale Models.

I am still working on these coaches but here they are so far...

post-2304-0-15137300-1378427032_thumb.jpg

post-2304-0-93608000-1378427053_thumb.jpg

post-2304-0-07979500-1378427244_thumb.jpg

Ah yes, the Mk1 from the Hachette partwork 'Your Model Railway Village'. I got 6 of them, not sure whether to keep them 'as is'. They are a nice model, even the 'filled in' underframe trussing is not too bad and is relieved by reasonably good component detail.

They look rather well in CIE green, with weathered underframes, nice job there, good finishing!

Several variations on laminates would be an absolutely priceless addition to the model kit catalogue and I am sure would be extremely popular.

It is simply impossible to model 1960-1990 accurately without a broad mix of laminate / Park Royal types.

Put me down for a few! I need something for behind my two Black and Tan 141s....

• RMweb Gold

well if there was only one thread highlighting what can be done with the hachette coaches without major bodywork surgery and a fresh coat of paint then this should be it!

i bet if you hadn't have put the coaches 'parentage' a lot of people wouldn't have noticed, you cant even tell the underframes are solid, cracking work

What green is it, that you use for that "late" CIE green, George/Wrenn? Both really look well. I hope in the future sometime  to do an early sixties CIE "Enterprise" set with a mixture of green, back & tan with a silver "tine van" -hauled  hopefully by a Murphy B121 class in original livery.

Colm

What green is it, that you use for that "late" CIE green, George/Wrenn? Both really look well. I hope in the future sometime  to do an early sixties CIE "Enterprise" set with a mixture of green, back & tan with a silver "tine van" -hauled  hopefully by a Murphy B121 class in original livery.

Colm

Colm,

Just used Revell Enamel Satin 364 and thanks for the kind words. Nice Parkies for sure

• 4 months later...

As part of progressing the CIE Laminate coach, I've been working on a pattern for the CIE Hoffman commonwealth bogie pattern. 

It's quite a bit different in look than the BR version.  The key features are the same, with a side frame, equaliser bars (the "handlebar moustache" bit), and longitudinal and transverse dampers.  

However, the equaliser bars are on the outside of the frame, not inside, there are less springs and It has a more linear  and less complex look to it.

Archived