DJModels announce new models in N, OO and O

Andy Y

Hello and welcome to the launch of an exciting NEW model railway company.

Starting from a blank canvas and using the best design, and modelling techniques currently in use for ready to run model locomotives, I intend to produce a raft of models over the next few years with my desire for innovation, and forward thinking put into each and every model I make.

For example, all models will have 100% spares available at launch for each model, and these will be readily viewable through a break down schematic for each part (which will be numbered) on a comprehensive instruction sheet included with each model and online.

Each model will feature on the ‘timeline’ page which will show you when every process from start to shipping has taken place, and even give you the ship name so those that are able can track its progress from China to the UK on their computer. This way we will be very open about delivery dates and not give ‘hopeful’ ideas to dates to keep you dangling.

Where possible, all locomotives will now have a close coupling mechanism as standard in both N and OO gauges.

In co-operation with my distributor, each model locomotive will be personally hand checked by me for running ability, wobble, back to backs, lighting etc., before being sent out  to the customer, so that when you receive your DJM locomotive you can be as sure as can be that it is in good health straight out of the box.

Electrical PCB boards will be designed by ourselves knowing the electronic signatures of the coreless motors we will use with every model so that components for the PCB boards can be purchased and fitted to match perfectly.

We have also agreed with that fantastic weathering company, Mercig Studios, that from now on they will only produce weathered masters exclusively for DJM, while also producing his masterpieces for his existing and new individual customers.

Special commissions can also be considered as we have plentiful factory capacity, and hold ups/delays should be a thing of the past.Production for all the models you see here will not take place overnight, but rest assured , as you can see by the finished and almost finished cad/cam designs within, I am deadly serious about my work.

Most RMweb readers will be familiar with Dave Jones from his previous product development role at Dapol and his engagement with RMweb readers.

Product List

N Gauge

Class 17 ‘Clayton’

class-17-1024x424.jpg

N17-001 D8574 BR Blue – £114.50

N17-002 D8512 BR Blue - £114.50

N17-003 D8555 BR Green with small yellow warning panel - £114.50

N17-004 D8536 BR Green with small yellow warning panel - £114.50

N17-005 D8501 BR Green with small yellow warning panel weathered  (from Mercig Studios weathered master) - £124.50

N17-006T   D8574 BR Blue (powered) + D8583 BR Blue (dummy) Twin Pack - £149.95

N17-007T   D8616 BR Green SYWP (powered) + D8561 BR Green SYWP (Dummy) Twin Pack - £149.95

Featuring Coreless Motor, Flywheels, directional lighting, close coupling mechanism, NEM coupling pocket, darkened profile RP25.72 wheel sets, schematic parts instruction sheet with all parts available as spares at launch.

Class 23 – ‘Baby Deltic’

N23-1024x422.jpg

N23-001 D5903 BR 2 tone green with small yellow warning panel – £114.50

N23-002 D5909 BR Blue with full yellow front end - £114.50

N23-003 D5900 BR 2 tone green with small yellow warning panel - £114.50

N23-004 D5907 BR 2 tone green with small yellow warning panel - £114.50

N23-005 D5901 BR 2 tone green with small yellow warning panel weathered  (from Mercig Studios weathered master) - £124.50

Featuring coreless motor, flywheels, low friction mechanism, close coupling mechanism, NEM coupling pocket, DCC ready, directional lighting, darkened profile RP25.72 wheel sets, schematic parts instruction sheet with all parts available as spares at launch, Disc headcode version at a later date. I’d like to thank the Baby Deltic project for their kind assistance during the development of this model.

J94 / Austerity 0-6-0 tank

NJ94b-1024x422.jpg

NJ94-1024x422.jpg

NJ94-001   #68023 BR Early Crest Black with tall coal bunker – £79.95

NJ94-002   #68061 ‘British Railways’ original bunker height - £79.95

NJ94-003   #8064 LNER with original bunker height - £79.95

NJ94-004   #8023 LNER with original bunker height - £79.95

NJ94-005   #68068 ‘British Railways’ with tall bunker weathered (from Mercig Studios weathered master)  - £89.95

Featuring prototypically ‘dished’ wheels, tungsten split frame chassis, coreless motor, flywheel, 50:1 gearing, correct pattern cab and bunker for running numbers, DCC ready, NEM coupler housings.

OO Gauge

J94 0-6-0 tank

OO-J94-1024x422.jpg

OOJ94-001   #68023 BR Early Crest Black with tall coal bunker – £95.50

OOJ94-002   #68061 ‘British Railways’ original bunker height - £95.50

OOJ94-003   #8064 LNER with original bunker height - £95.50

OOJ94-004   #8023 LNER with original bunker height - £95.50

OOJ94-005   #68068 ‘British Railways’ with tall bunker - £95.50

Featuring prototypically ‘dished’ wheels, heavy tungsten split frame chassis, coreless motor, flywheel, 50:1 gearing, correct pattern cab and bunker for running numbers, DCC ready, NEM coupler housings, sprung buffers and fully modelled cab interior.

O Gauge

J94 0-6-0 tank

O-gauge-J94-1024x422.jpg

OJ94-001   #68023 BR Early Crest Black with tall coal bunker – £299.95

OJ94-002   #68061 ‘British Railways’ original bunker height - £299.95

OJ94-003   #8064 LNER with original bunker height - £299.95

OJ94-004   #8023 LNER with original bunker height - £299.95

OJ94-005   #68068 ‘British Railways’ with tall bunker weathered (from Mercig Studios weathered master) - £324.95

Featuring prototypically ‘dished’ wheels, heavy tungsten split frame chassis, coreless motor, flywheel, 50:1 gearing, correct pattern cab and bunker for running numbers, DCC ready, NEM coupler housings, sprung buffers and fully modelled cab interior.

Class 23 – ‘Baby Deltic’

O-gauge-class-23-1024x422.jpg

O23-001 D5903 BR 2 tone green with small yellow warning panel - £359.95

O23-002 D5909 BR Blue with full yellow front end - £359.95

O23-003 D5900 BR 2 tone green with small yellow warning panel - £359.95

O23-004 D5907 BR 2 tone green with small yellow warning panel - £359.95

O23-005 D5901 BR 2 tone green with small yellow warning panel weathered (from Mercig Studios weathered master) - £384.95

Featuring coreless motor, flywheels, low friction mechanism, close coupling mechanism, NEM coupling pocket, DCC ready, directional lighting, darkened profile RP25.72 wheel sets, schematic parts instruction sheet with all parts available as spares at launch, Disc headcode version at a later date. I’d like to thank the Baby Deltic project for their kind assistance during the development of this model.

This is great news. Another player, and one who really understands things at the sharp end. Good luck with your projects Dave, I wish you every success.

The N gauge LNER J94 is very tempting. Oh, go on then, I'll have one when they're ready!

Mike

Excellent news Dave and well done.  Wishing you every success.

I like the look of the J94 in O gauge and will put one down for when they appear.  The Baby Deltic looks good too, but with only a plan for one or two coaches and 5 wagons on an 12' end to end, can not see it working.

Mark in OZ

• RMweb Gold

So this is what happens when he is let loose on his own. Damn you Jones, Damn you all the way to Alton Models when they hit the shops. I may even have to come and give you a piece of my mind tomorrow about other models you are never ever to attempt. 

Good luck.

Good luck with the new venture, Dave.

J94 with "...heavy tungsten split frame chassis".

That's an interesting choice of engineering, given Bachmann have recently started moving away from insulated axle centres after so long.

When you get a chance, DJM Dave, are you able to share any information on what drove that decision for your new release J94, and how your axles will be set up?

Thanks

Scott

• RMweb Gold

Very promising!

As the N models are split-frame chassis, it would be excellent if the axle diameter matched the 2FS spec of 1.5mm. This would open up some easy conversions to finescale.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Excellent news and I truly hope the business will be a success because although there's nothing (yet!!) to interest me Dave's new venture is clearly aiming to deliver high quality products at realistic price levels.  Clear statements of policy and specification, timeline monitoring, ship names for those us keyed into AIS, pre-delivery product testing, proper reference sheets and spares - Dave has clearly been listening to the market and fully deserves our support.

(And hopefully the 'timeline' progress monitoring will put an end to those posts which begin  'Can anyone tell me what is happening to the XYZ announced by ABC models the week before last?') etc.

• RMweb Premium

Yes an ambitious start. Good luck in your new venture. Just a bit puzzled at your choice of J94 for OO, although I realise there are synergies with the N and O versions. Would have been more excited with a pre grouping 0-6-0. While I would like a Scottish variant , an NER one would have created quite a storm. But it's great a new manufacturer entering the field, especially given your background and rapport with enthusiasts. I was sorry when I thought we'd lost you, so great news you're back!

Looks nice. Best of luck with this, Dave. I did wonder where else you could go after leaving Dapol, given that there aren't that many comparable companies in the British model railway industry. I guess that scratchbuilding your own company is one way of tackling that!

Jim

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic launch announcement, I for one will be buying the Baby in 7mm for sure and at that price.....yes please, is it ready yet?  I will even stretch to the J94 in 7mm.......well why not, it'll go alongside the Dapol 08 I pre-ordered back in the early 70s I think it was :sarcastic:  well it feels that long ago!

The very best of luck with your new company Dave :good:

Very interesting thread, Although my interests lie south and west of the Thames, I need to add my congratulations on your move and consumer communication plan.  Best wishes and hopefully you will make it into the greener lands of the south sometime in the future.

What is the logic in producing a Loco  which is already available rtr in 4mm?.

I agree the J94 is due a upgrade, A obvious LNER Tank is the J50 or any of a mulititude of other Tank locos could have been chosen instead of a J94.

Good luck I really hope it is a success.

edit

Just realised he is only doing the J94 in OO whoops!! text amended

Archived