DJModels announce new models in N, OO and O

Andy Y

I seem to recall recently reading an article ( read that will be a couple of months ago to those in the UK) where DJM was interviewed.

The article distinctly laid out the timings of what and what could not happen until initial models were sold to finance the next.

It actually seemed quite logical in my book, and look forward to the first stage passing, so that the ball CAN start rolling along at a nice pace and the models I want start to arrive!

Khris

What's the old saying?

Patience is a virtue.

Do we want them done or do we want them done right? Dave is the one doing the work and so we should all just be grateful that he is taking the initiative to produce these models. While I personally wish the updates were more frequent, no news is good news, I also understand that the day will come when I will hold one of his models and all the waiting will a thing of the past.

Oh no Dave!!! For those ___________ (fill what word you wish to describe them with), I think you need to introduce that latest and super-duper quick design method and manufacturing method. Infact all RTR manufacturers need to introduce it....

It's something like - think about the model in it's CAD stage, think about the manufacturing stage and think about playing with them too..... :D

So Dave how about a BR Class Imagination in N, OO and O gauge? :P

JBM!

I'm saying that certain manufacturers seem full of promise, but provide little more than those promises.

Hmmmmmmmm, ok i can see and to a certain extend agree with you.....however....

SPA wagon

Beattie Well Tank

J94 first shot and O2 models

Hattons and Kernow heavily investing in me with new models

That's my list so far mate, and yours is?

Come on you must have some achievements in the model railway world, heck i think at this juncture before i stop feeding you, id even accept 1. go on, tell us??

Dave might not yet be in full production , but having seen the 02, and knowing the work thats been done on it I see no reason to be anything other than very optimistic indeed.

So what are you producing for the hobby?

So who are you then Charlie F?

I am an active modeller and have organised and taken part in many successful model railway shows. I build my own layouts and I kitbash/scratchbuild my own trains.

In short I am not a box-opener and I do not froth over the announcements of jam tomorrow from manufacturers who make promises that then remain unfulfilled for months, nay years, afterwards.

PS - My name is not Charlie F, no more than Black Rat was christened such by his mother. I believe we have to abide by forum rules when respecting the identities of members.

so your actually saying that your only here trolling!

youve not produced any models for sale, or designed and brought to market anything that other modellers might like?

Youve also got an agenda as i dont see you posting in anyone else's forums.

That, my friend, is a Troll, and i hereby 'out' you as such!

• RMweb Gold

There is a difference between frothing and stirring.

Cryptic comments help no one. By all means offer criticism but be prepared to provide evidence to substantiate these comments.

To paraphrase,

Don't judge a fish by its ability to climb trees..

Rob

Thankfully, Dave has a sense of humour!  But I have several of his models on pre-order, have handled the EPs of the J94, and don't want hungry trolls to annoy him and distract him from the excellent job he is doing!

There are indeed 'doers' and 'sayers' - and the 'sayers' don't always appreciate that even with full effort that things take time!  I wonder if Charlie would like to, say, organise a MR exhibition in 7 days (venue, layouts, trade, insurance, etc, etc) just because somebody else thinks he should do it that quickly?

so your actually saying that your only here trolling!

youve not produced any models for sale, or designed and brought to market anything that other modellers might like?

Youve also got an agenda as i dont see you posting in anyone else's forums.

That, my friend, is a Troll, and i hereby 'out' you as such!

I'm ever so sorry Mr Jones, I thought RMweb was for railway modellers and not an exclusive advertising zone for DJ Models.

Easy mistake to make.

How many of the other thousands of members are manufacturers then? And I do post on other forums, just not the ones that you read, probably because they're not advertising platforms for Vapourware, they're the ones used by real modellers who make things - For themselves, not to sell, isn't that what the hobby is about? Obviously not in your world.

• RMweb Gold

I'm ever so sorry Mr Jones, I thought RMweb was for railway modellers and not an exclusive advertising zone for DJ Models.

Easy mistake to make.

How many of the other thousands of members are manufacturers then? And I do post on other forums, just not the ones that you read, probably because they're not advertising platforms for Vapourware, they're the ones used by real modellers who make things - For themselves, not to sell, isn't that what the hobby is about? Obviously not in your world.

I've reported this post.

Last thing we want is a troll with a personal winge

I am an active modeller and have organised and taken part in many successful model railway shows. I build my own layouts and I kitbash/scratchbuild my own trains.

In short I am not a box-opener and I do not froth over the announcements of jam tomorrow from manufacturers who make promises that then remain unfulfilled for months, nay years, afterwards.

I trust that you enjoy your hobby.  

DJM has  a good while yet before it reaches two, so one year and months, not 'years'. I actualy have a model produced by DJM (for Kernow) so the fruits are showing.  One imagines things have gone quiet partly because of the direct competion that has emerged, partly because increasing costs in China are constraining business plan, and partly because he knows the importance of getting it right.  The train* will eventually arrive, indeed if teasings about Binn's Road are anything to go by the distant whistle/horn may be heard in a couple of months.

regards

*or should that be boat - it was fun tracking the progress of the first delivery across the world.

I've reported this post.

Last thing we want is a troll with a personal winge

Good.

Agreed.

It might be a good idea to turn him into a near name sake of yours......crispy duck. :jester:

It's good to know that the anti DJM mob are alive and well.

I thought they had all deserted this thread and turned their negativity against Rapido. :O

Bernard

Archived