DJModels announce new models in N, OO and O

Andy Y

I very much doubt they will do a new one now that DJM is bringing this one out. The old one is definitely suitable for the railroad range though.

I don't know so much - Hornby have brought out their Class 71 at very similar functionality (as far as we can see) and at a very similar RRP to the post-kickstarter price, which Hattons have already knocked down to a price which will well undercut that on DJM's model. Yet, Hornby's apparently newly tooled (?) Class 31, for which there is no competition, is priced much higher already. They are either not afraid of competition, or maybe they are, and will use competitive pricing to undo it.  Business is business, but I am not sure a price war will benefit the hobby in the long run. Dapol are challenging the race to the bottom with their new, high specification A4 at £400. I hope it succeeds. There is room for mass market, Railroad-type models and for high functionality items in this market, priced accordingly. Hornby are still mixing the two markets, which is possibly restraining the others. Bravo to Dapol for testing the limits, which should encourage Dave and others to go there too.

Did the statement from Dave announcing the cancellation of the OO gauge Q6 accidently have a further announcment included? I dont remember him announcing a HUO 24.5T hopper before today.

I don't recall the mention of the HUO either. Just looked on the DJM website but no mention of the coal hopper on there in either scale.

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I noticed that and assumed it was just Hattons playing catchup..

Les

Apologies guys - I was undertaking some system maintenance and these ended up in the 'New Announcements' section instead. Sorry for the confusion!

Dave

• AY Mod locked this topic

Archived