Stubby does that Windmill

• RMweb Gold

Well, why not.

The description (or at least the part I can see) is fairly self explanatory, it's something I've not built before and it's undoubtedly Allan Downes inspired.

post-7025-0-02544000-1379109841.jpg

Build photos and my attempts at the master's methods as we go...

• RMweb Gold

Well if the sails are going to work, how about a little Camblewick Green cameo with Windy Miller (he sounds like he needs a WC). Sure it wont add much to the workload..........just another 6 months

:jester:

6 months ??

I reckon about 2 weeks to build this :)

So Stu as opted for the windmill.

Well, I have to say, he could make a far better job of it than I did with one arm tied behind his back and blindfolded to boot so Stu, I pronounce you the winner in advance !!

Best of luck, you've got a week at most !

Allan.

BTW, Popye has put up some of my very old work on the Robinson/Downes Thread that shows some of the buildings that appeared in the Downesplans Books.

• RMweb Gold

Quite encouraged by all the replies so far, not least Allan announcing me as the winner without me even starting.

No progress at all, as yet, as a couple of orders have come in and they obviously get priority.

But, I have been musing on the best way to construct a tapered hexagonal tube with shiplap cladding, and what material to use.

The paper cupcake holders is an excellent idea which will be used, not sure about the Windy Miller cameo...

• RMweb Premium

If you need a turning try a heafty nail pilot drilled through the center of a bulsa block in the drill clamped to the bench and use rough sand paper. I have turned small pieces of hard wood this way with great success. Try sawing most of the waste bulsa away first to make it easier.

Shaun

Archived