German Railways Decals

design8027

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any HO decals available that cover DB/DBAG locomotives and also HVLE locomotives? Surely there is a decal manufacturer similar to the ones English, American and Australian modellers have. Any help would be great.

Stephen.

• 11 months later...
Guest 40-something

Please take a look at my post on model paints - you may find something there. The RAL classification of the colour will help. I made the posting on 19th July -ish.

Brilliant, thank Rekoboy, that is incredibly helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent link, thank you! :declare:

I've just spent many hours using decal patches to cover the white "bibs" on the ends of an Orient Red Br151 (N gauge!) because I couldn't find a paint that was a decent match to Orient Red.

Edited by admiles

• 1 year later...

Excellent link, thank you! :declare:

I've just spent many hours using decal patches to cover the white "bibs" on the ends of an Orient Red Br151 (N gauge!) because I couldn't find a paint that was a decent match to Orient Red.

If you have a RAL number this site will suggest possible matches

http://scalemodeldb.com/paint

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

The latest Eisenbahn Magazin (Juni 2016) has an article on decals, with an updated list of German decal suppliers:

Firma Ansprechpartner Internet
BS-Design Helmut Bross www.bsd-online.com
CTD Modellbahn Jan Striewe www.city-town.de
Gaßner-Beschriftungen Hermann Gaßner www.gassner-beschriftungen.de
HartmannOriginal Heike Hartmann www.hartmann-original.de
KH-Modellbahnbau Karin Hegermann www.kh-modellbahnbau.de
Kuswa Modellbau Gerd Kuswa www.kuswa.de
KTD/HHB Modellbau Jörg Hüsgen www.ktd-hhb.de
Modellbahn-Decals Andreas Nothaft www.modellbahndecals.de
modellbahn kreativ Siegfried Künzel www.modellbahn-kreativshop.de
Modellbau exclusiv Karl-Heinz Müller www.1zu87mueller-siegen.de
Modell-Manufactur Hainer Pilz www.plus-perfect-line.de
Ostmodell Andreas Hoppert www.ostmodell.de
TL-Decals Petra Budde www.tl-modellbau.de
Tröger-2m Michael Tröger www.modellbahnbeschriftung.de
Weinert-Modellbau Birgit Weinert www.weinert-modellbau.de

And I've found that Ostmodell do EpIv DR Hilfszug decals in H0, just the job for my repainted (from EpV red) Heris set :)

• Informative/Useful 1

....And I've found that Ostmodell do EpIv DR Hilfszug decals in H0, just the job for my repainted (from EpV red) Heris set :)

I wanted to order their plates for 18.201, and one of the preserved "Ludmilla" Br.131s, but wasn't sure if they could transact in English or methods of payment that they take.....

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I wanted to order their plates for 18.201, and one of the preserved "Ludmilla" Br.131s, but wasn't sure if they could transact in English or methods of payment that they take.....

Ivan,

I recently emailed them with an order for assorted DR decals (including the ones I for my hilfszug repaint) and got an emailed invoice back within 48 hours. My email was in English, but quoted the item numbers and prices from the pdf lists on his website - these were confirmed on the invoice..

Looks like he prefers payment in Euros and via IBAN. There is an additional postage charge for Ausland (not unexpected). I use Transferwise (other companies are available) to make foreign currency transactions at much less that my bank like to charge...

With that success, I'll work out what plates I need for my assorted steam and diesel fleet- the 18 201 plates are a complete set, so that should be easy.

HTH

• 5 months later...

I use Transferwise (other companies are available) to make foreign currency transactions at much less that my bank like to charge...

GBP to EUR is a SEPA transfer (using IBAN and BIC), which your bank is not entitled to charge as long as in the EU...

Cheers

Mark

Edited by Guardian
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

GBP to EUR is a SEPA transfer (using IBAN and BIC), which your bank is not entitled to charge as long as in the EU...

Cheers

Mark

I am sorry Mark but that is not the case.

The ruling is that a bank cannot charge more for an international bank transfer within the SEPA area (EU + EEA) than they would for a domestic transfer.

This however leads to some very different costs.

In Germany the use of such transfers is the standard way of paying for many goods and services. As a consequence there is no charge for making such a transfer and the cost is just part of the monthly banking charges  whether you make no transfers or hundreds - so to all intents and purposes a SEPA transfer is free.

In France such transfers are made but are by no means common - the cheque remains de rigour for occasional payments.  The last time I did an international SEPA from my French account it cost €1.25 as a transaction fee.  The same as an internal transfer would have cost.

In the UK bank to bank transfers are very, very rare.  Cheques, card and direct debit being preferred methods of payment.  I have just checked my own bank's charges and an in branch or telephone request for a SEPA payment will cost £15, which reduces to £5 if done on line.

This could make that bargain found abroad significantly less so once the charges are added - especially for low cost items.  UK purchasers would be well advised to check their bank's charges before going this route.

Edited by Andy Hayter

• RMweb Premium

I am sorry Mark but that is not the case.

The ruling is that a bank cannot charge more for an international bank transfer within the SEPA area (EU + EEA) than they would for a domestic transfer.

This however leads to some very different costs.

I have just checked my own bank's charges and an in branch or telephone request for a SEPA payment will cost £15, which reduces to £5 if done on line.

This could make that bargain found abroad significantly less so once the charges are added - especially for low cost items.  UK purchasers would be well advised to check their bank's charges before going this route.

Just re-checked my bank's charges for International payments and, even SEPA ones within the EU/EEA would cost me £9.50, so use of a 3rd party (who charge £2) is still worthwhile for me. YMMV, as they say.

Ivan - I'll likely be making an order for more decals and some etched plates from OstModell quite soon, if you want to PM me your requirements, I'd be happy to add them onto mine and share the postage/transfer fee.

.....Ivan - I'll likely be making an order for more decals and some etched plates from OstModell quite soon, if you want to PM me your requirements, I'd be happy to add them onto mine and share the postage/transfer fee.

PM sent.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for Oe gauge decals for Harz HSB locomotives please? I have found old HO gauge decals but I’m looking for larger please. I’m particularly looking for 99 222. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 16/02/2021 at 10:36, rekoboy said:

Andreas Nothaft (www.modellbahndecals.de) has HSB transfers in stock. I noticed them when I was looking for some DR transfers a day or two ago.

A big thumbs up for Andreas.  I ordered some EpIV suitable numbers  and DB logos for my DB Br50 fleet and they arrived within days.  

20220109_145203.jpg.180025a5a88e391ddb655227e7b0e0f9.jpg

And very nice they are, too.

Now all I need is some spare Indussi gear to bring my 50s up to spec...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question on this thread if I may, I’ve a Roco ET420 in S-Bahn orange and want to change the logos to DBAG is it a implement case of overlaying the original  keks logo with the AG logo would there be any seepage through the transfer? 

On 29/01/2022 at 14:27, TTDB said:

Question on this thread if I may, I’ve a Roco ET420 in S-Bahn orange and want to change the logos to DBAG is it a implement case of overlaying the original  keks logo with the AG logo would there be any seepage through the transfer? 

You should be fine to do this. Especially with a two colour decal like a DBAG Logo.  Only thing to watch for is making sure the new logos are big enough to cover the Keks logo. Generally most will be as it's exactly what DB themselves did initially on the real thing!

1 hour ago, admiles said:

You should be fine to do this. Especially with a two colour decal like a DBAG Logo.  Only thing to watch for is making sure the new logos are big enough to cover the Keks logo. Generally most will be as it's exactly what DB themselves did initially on the real thing!

Many thanks the only item that’s will need doing is my Roco 420 S-Bahn unit I will have a look as see what’s about