Heljan class 60

steve fay

9 hours ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

if Heljan can do all of the recent liveries among the above it is a shame and surely a missed opportunity for Hornby and us that they still haven’t done them on their 00 version..

Hornby follow an announcement pattern i.e. they announce models in January every year. Sometimes there's a bonus announcement in June ONLY IF production slots and artwork have been sorted out.

Other companies like Heljan announce stuff throughout the year and can therefore do new liveries quicker. Liveries on the real locos come out at any given point in the year. And Hornby's annual ranges are decided in June for the year that follows. With that + licensing issues, sometimes it takes 2+ years for Hornby to announce a certain livery.|

Not shameful, just the way things are timed.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting that they are doing these again. I seem to recall these were heavily discounted by the end last time and unlike some classes, prices haven't gone bananas once they were scarce.

I guess given sufficient time has elapsed that some people will now come back for a second who wouldn't so near to buying their first etc.

Maybe given the tooling exists and there are a few new livery options, its almost a shot to nothing for Heljan.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Interesting that they are doing these again. I seem to recall these were heavily discounted by the end last time and unlike some classes, prices haven't gone bananas once they were scarce.

I guess given sufficient time has elapsed that some people will now come back for a second who wouldn't so near to buying their first etc.

Maybe given the tooling exists and there are a few new livery options, its almost a shot to nothing for Heljan.

well, some of the issues were the actual livery errors, especially the loadhaul one, and the fact that I had to respray mine to get them to look right, so hopefully this time they will get them right and they will sell. Also there are now more people aware of the O gauge scene so might make them more popular. I however won’t be buying another as my stable is full

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Well it’s the Dapol 66 as well... plus I’ve worked out I think all of my wagons can be printed by simply being split in half. Going to order some wheels and have a play. Just need to find some minimum space track plans for a depot/wagon repair shop or something. The wife will not be happy!

What’s the norm in O, are these likely to sell out really quickly, and pre-ordering is essential, or can I probably wait until they land and see them to decide between GBRf and DBC?

17 minutes ago, njee20 said:

see them to decide between GBRf and DBC

60s do look good in red but then I am biased. A little wagon repair depot with one and a Dapol 08 sounds a delightful little layout! I'm seriously tempted by a red one or a grey one....

Jo

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I’m virtually sold on the red too, Jo. I figure the JHA is simple enough that I don’t even think much detail would be lacking on an O gauge version. Would need to tweak the bogies though, but even so...

On 19/11/2020 at 02:37, njee20 said:

Well it’s the Dapol 66 as well... plus I’ve worked out I think all of my wagons can be printed by simply being split in half. Going to order some wheels and have a play. Just need to find some minimum space track plans for a depot/wagon repair shop or something. The wife will not be happy!

What’s the norm in O, are these likely to sell out really quickly, and pre-ordering is essential, or can I probably wait until they land and see them to decide between GBRf and DBC?

it depends, some of the 50’s sold quick and others have dragged their heels and you can now get reduced. It’s down to who wants what at the end of the day. You can either pre order, or gamble. I thinks less are made than in OO, so if you definitely want something specific, then pre order is the way to go

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 18:28, 37114 said:

Even though it is way out of my era, I am seriously tempted to get a triple grey one. My biggest concern is the level of damage seen on the first batch so hope Heljan fix the packaging...

Agree mine had a few issues bogies underneath plastic broken, bogie broken inside and bits fell off. The screw plinth is the way to secure them but like the 37 I dont think they have been packaged this way unfortunately.

On 12/11/2020 at 02:51, MGR Hooper! said:

KMS Railtech have on their Instagram handle announced exclusives for the Heljan Class 60. There's 2x Colas Rail and 2x EWS British Steel Class 60s.

IMG_20201112_082532.jpg.9e5a0cb006900c0a4177a7916c7aeeeb.jpg

IMG_20201112_082621.jpg.50735342b1cafba58e9fe996623cdef4.jpg

IMG_20201112_082549.jpg.f644d5ed50d6b0294d8c0064813593d1.jpg

IMG_20201112_082706.jpg.ce729c977c532eeb06dc8bd7161f2f8d.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that all these limited edition models have been offered elsewhere now - tower models have the colas ones and Gaugemaster collection are now having the British steel ones! KMS must have changed their minds! 

3 hours ago, Richp1976 said:

Has anyone else noticed that all these limited edition models have been offered elsewhere now - tower models have the colas ones and Gaugemaster collection are now having the British steel ones! KMS must have changed their minds! 

Yes, the 006 & 033 confused me as well I assumed they where KMS jobs ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just ordered my very first ever O Gauge locomotive. It’s the GWR version of the 60. Very excited about getting into O Gauge. May sit on the shelf for a little while but it’s a start. Hopefully it survives the journey to New Zealand. I’ll likely have to pay customs tax on its arrival here and I don’t fancy having to send it back for anything major and paying tax twice. 

Edited by Hilux5972

On 24/11/2020 at 05:20, 47606odin said:

Getting the lights to work on DCC. Not sure if this modification will be necessary on the rerun of the locos?

Can anyone confirm whether the pcb and lighting board are the same for the re-release?

Neal