York 2014

john new

Just a gentle reminder that the postal charges go up next Monday/Tuesday.  Get your stamps now and get your advanced tickets ordered for the Show before the postal prices go up!

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that the Advanced Ticket Office closes for receipt of ticket applications on the 10th April 2014. If you want advanced tickets for what is a premier Model Railway Show then please get your application for tickets in as soon as possible. Details are on the York Show website http://www.yorkshow.org.uk or on the adverts in most of the model railway magazines.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

I have had a look at the layout list and note that Leighton Buzzard is shown as being presented by Tony Gee.

That is strictly correct (except that there is much teamwork behind the presentation) but perhaps I should mention that the layout is part of Peter Denny's famous Buckingham Branch.

York will be the only chance to see the layout at a show this year and I am pleased to say that one of Peter's sons, Crispin, will be with us as an operator for the Saturday and Sunday. Also with us as an operator is Nick Freezer, who has been involved with Buckingham for most of his lifetime. So there will be ample opportunity to hear some good anecdotes of Peter Deny and his lovely layout.

I look forward to seeing everybody there. I just hope the old layout is up for the task. The venue at York can get a bit warm and last time we exhibited in a warm hall, Leighton Buzzard let us know that it wasn't happy there by playing up all weekend.

post-1457-0-88851200-1396614061_thumb.jpg

Tony

post-1457-0-83135600-1396614220_thumb.jpg

Remember seeing this at EM North 2011 and was amazed by the sheer level of craftsmanship that has gone into all of Peter Denny's layouts

One of the reasons why I went EM Guage some 15+years ago

Hi Martin, was you exhibiting at York last year with Kinmundy ? I am sure you are on some pictures that were taken there last year !!!

Best regards

Craig.

Here we go Martin........I think there has been some confusion ????  :pardon:

Danny Baker "Radio Pundit" is a railway Modeller & lower down is Martin Jones "Railway modeller" hanging out with the Ginger One off Radio 2

post-8721-0-99347400-1396631061.jpg

post-8721-0-58232000-1396631140.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Damn! My secret is out! And people wondered why me and Danny Baker were never seen in the same place at the same time!

And I bet Danny Baker spends more time behind layouts than you do.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

A few more minor updates to website for the Show this morning (Details of topics being demonstrated).  Also a reminder if you want to order

Advance tickets you heed to have your application with us by 10th April.

Microsoft support for Windows XP may have finished today but there is still time to get your advanced tickets for York.

Save money, avoid the ticket queues and obtain access from 9.45am if you wish (15min. before the main doors open)

The advance ticket office will be open for another 48 hours. See the website for details. http://www.yorkshow.org.uk/advance.htm

Thanks Mal

Really the last time to send your application for tickets is tomorrow, 1st class post. Don't forget the stamped, self addressed envelop as well as your cheque/postal order for payment.

See you at York

Peter

Having had a look at the demo updates where we are described as a 'one stop shop advice centre' I wouldn't want people to be disappointed that the Raven Miniatures demo (stand 110) isn't able to deal with all requests for advice!

As it says in our publicity blurb we are limiting ourselves to DCC/Sound, KD Couplers, Tree making and interiors for 1/48 scale buildings. We're happy to talk about anything else but can't guarantee being able to give advice!!

• RMweb Gold

Having had a look at the demo updates where we are described as a 'one stop shop advice centre' I wouldn't want people to be disappointed that the Raven Miniatures demo (stand 110) isn't able to deal with all requests for advice!

As it says in our publicity blurb we are limiting ourselves to DCC/Sound, KD Couplers, Tree making and interiors for 1/48 scale buildings. We're happy to talk about anything else but can't guarantee being able to give advice!!

Description on line tweaked to above.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mal

Really the last time to send your application for tickets is tomorrow, 1st class post. Don't forget the stamped, self addressed envelop as well as your cheque/postal order for payment.

See you at York

Peter

Advance ticket office now closed for NEW mailings.  Last posting date was earlier today.   See you all at the show.

• RMweb Gold

Travel page on website. All the links from there to the railway and bus companies and for roadworks info' etc have been checked and are working.  Lendal Bridge restrictions have been lifted.

Reminder the correct Sat Nav destination = YO23 1EX  http://www.yorkshow.org.uk/howget.htm

TRANSDEV have confirmed bus link 197 from the station is running.  However whether it will be double deckers to the Triangle or single deckers up behind the stand is not yet known as depends on the bus company's vehicle availability on the day.

Saturday - Car boot sale IS on so parking will be on the Knavesmire on Saturday unless you are a disabled badge holder.  Sun & Mon the big car park off Racecourse Road.

Any late breaking updates will be on our facebook page initially.

Prices and times = http://www.yorkshow.org.uk/prices.htm    See you at the show.

• RMweb Gold

Important reminder - due to having just checked the Google Maps link [and the Post Code finder on my own sat nav] ensure it is pointing to Racecourse Road and not the Racecourse Stables off Tadcaster Rd which apparently has the same post code, logical I guess for mail deliveries but not for finding the show!

Google maps had changed since last year and was wrong although my TomTom was still correct.

Alderford has a last few things to be added to the station platforms and the 48ft long drape should be ready for collection tomorrow saving me having to borrow Bee Lane's and Great Endon's drape's.

I've been looking forward to this show for a few months now.

See you there.

Carl

• RMweb Premium

Leighton Buzzard is all ready to go! Set up and checked, the usual bits that drop off stuck/soldered back on and one or two tweaks made to parts that played us up before.

The locos and stock have been serviced and cleaned and as it stands now, the layout is running as well as I have ever seen it.

No doubt more bits will drop off moving it tomorrow and it remains to be seen if it will last three days but it won't be for want of preparation work!

Hopefully we will get to meet up with a good number of "Buckingham" enthusiasts there. It is surprising how many folk we see at shows who visited the layout at Newlyn East or Truro and have some tales to tell us about their experiences.

Tony

Leighton Buzzard is all ready to go! Set up and checked, the usual bits that drop off stuck/soldered back on and one or two tweaks made to parts that played us up before.

The locos and stock have been serviced and cleaned and as it stands now, the layout is running as well as I have ever seen it.

No doubt more bits will drop off moving it tomorrow and it remains to be seen if it will last three days but it won't be for want of preparation work!

Hopefully we will get to meet up with a good number of "Buckingham" enthusiasts there. It is surprising how many folk we see at shows who visited the layout at Newlyn East or Truro and have some tales to tell us about their experiences.

Tony

Looking forward to having a go on this Tony, make a change from Gresley Beat.

Martin

(will be on the top floor with 'Halfway')

Archived