Redutex Texture sheets (experiences?)

Before I start laying 'acres' of Das clay to create my harbour scene with track inset into stone setts, has anyone had any experience, short or long term, with the new Spanish texture sheets from Redutex. In particular their stone sett sheets.

Are they easy to cut accurately?

How thick are they?

How good is the self adhesive backing? I though I had seen in one of Andy Y's posts the corner of one of these sheets lifting on the BCB layout.

So far all the 'blurb' I have read about them from the two importers claim they are realistic and that once the adhesive goes off they are near impossible to get off without damaging the surface below. If I thought these, in any way, gave a better finish than clay and would be more durable I would seriously think about using them instead of the Das.

post-8259-0-06136100-1379600381.jpg

post-8259-0-71341400-1379600380.jpg

• Like 2

Post 1375 in this thread indicates another modeller's satisfaction, I think.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/48251-bacup-mills-in-the-hills/page-55

Many thanks for the link Ian. It made for an interesting read. They really do look good after they have been painted and weathered.

Definitely food for thought, but if anyone else has experience of them i'd be interested in reading about them.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I have used oo scale "Redutex" dark grey stone setts, to surface the yard of the creamery on 'Sproston', and have found it to be very realistic and easy to cut and fit - am just waiting for them to bring out the same coloured filler, that is in their future product production plan.

Regards

Sigtech.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi-

An architecture student gave me a couple of sheets of Redutex some years ago (before they were available in the UK, I think) and they are most impressive. Some are better than others, but the pre-coloured and weathered Roman tiles and some of the stonework are fantastic. I've had no problems on the adhesive front. No pictures, I'm afraid- I gave the completed castle I built to my nephew, who has lost it...  The cobbles look good, too. All the ones I got were pre-coloured, but they take paint well.

• Informative/Useful 2

• 7 years later...

I used their brick paper and slate tiles probably 8 or more years ago,  Loved them  and they have stood the test of time.  The only issue i had with them was weathering.  I used dry powders on them and found it impossible to remove them when I had used too much powder and very difficult to spread evenly and get a fade out effect.  I also found washes were not very effective.  In the end I used an air brush with Tamiya accrylics and am reasonably happy.  The dark area is where I put too much powder on.  I was able to remove some of it and blend it in a bit with a cotton bud soaked in Varsol   The rest of the structure was air brushed.

The1241433658_r8ohRAgRe2MC11O7akyJA_thumb_258f.jpg.a4ffb7145b2fb81d9c73f0fcf2fbb1b7.jpg

• Like 1