East London Finescale Model Railway Exhibition 2nd / 3rd November 2013

andytrains

• RMweb Premium

Excellent show. It could probably benefit from more local awareness (more flyers in local shops, libraries, etc) to get the attendance up more to a level the show deserves. The date clash with Wycrail probably didn't help in that respect.

It only took a twenty minute drive for me to get there but even some fellow members of my local club were unaware of it.

Wantage ...

post-5728-0-11395000-1383735004.jpg

post-5728-0-39281000-1383735020.jpg

post-5728-0-38908500-1383735024.jpg

post-5728-0-56087400-1383735028.jpg

That's the last of my photos of this excellent exhibition. The venue is good inside also but it's location rather tells against the show. My car wasn't available last weekend so I went by public transport and it took 2h20 to get there and 2h30 to return to Harrow. Admittedly it was the Sunday but even if I'd gone on Saturday when the 174 bus serves the complex there would have been an issue as the 174 takes 30 minutes from Romford railway station. I think that the club needs to get a venue nearer to civilisation; sorry.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

On behalf of the East Ham and District MRC that organised the East London Finescale Model Railway Exhibition, I would like to thank everybody for their kind and positive comments about the exhibition.

I for one enjoyed the weekend, even though, I was serving drinks and food for most of it.

We all had our parts to play and everybody involved seemed to slot in perfectly.

The Venue: Is absolutely excellent.

Saturdays access by public transport is good.

Public transport is an issue on Sundays, but from what I can gather most people that go there on Sunday, go by car.

In any event the nearest bus stop on Sunday is only 10 - 15 mins walk away.

Thanks to Penrith beacon for posting so many photos of the exhibits.

Andy Neil.

Secretary, EH&DMRC.

Archived