Tunnock Yard - BR freight in the 1980's.

Wayne 37901

• 7 months later...

Well here we are again, I'd almost forgotten about this thread.

First of all I apologise for the lack of updates, Tunnock Yard has been through many changes of track plan and I wasn't happy with most of them to be honest. Having played about a bit the one I've chosen seems to make sense for the kind of things I want to.

The fact that I started this thread almost six years ago with no finished layout is annoying to me, it should not take this long to build a small layout when friends and fellow modellers can knock one out in a few months.

Anyway tonight I started soldering the first droppers, the layout has it's debut show in January and I promised it would be running and at least have a little scenery on it.

My aim from now on is to post an update at least once a week until the end of the year. I'll try and get the first one up tomorrow because I have all day to get some work done.

Many thanks to those that are following this for bearing with me.

Cheers.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

They look fine to me Rob! When can we see the final final track plan Wayne?

Disgusting of Market Harborough 

Hi Dave,

I'll post the plan at the end of the week when I'm done laying, it's pretty simple though and similar to the one I posted on Facebook, except I've moved a point as per your advice.

Cheers

Edited by Wayne 37901

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ah! It's broad gauge.......

Yes Rob, I've gone into GWR and have a broad guage loco on the go. :mocking_mini:

I moved into EM gauge a couple of years ago when I acquired one of Mr Tailby's layouts.

Cheers.

PS sorry I didn't get to say hello at Taunton, I didn't get there till late thanks to Cross Country Trains and by the time I looked round ran out of time.

• 2 weeks later...

After sorting a wiring issue which has resulted in trains actually running, I can get on with bits I enjoy more.

A look over the boundary wall sees the first bit of groundwork going in, an area of cobbled hardstanding which will lead to an old goods shed. There will be no track here, it having been removed previously.

Here's a quick photo to show things so far.

More soon.

IMG_20191109_142932.jpg

Edited by Wayne 37901
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

So wheres this trackplan Wayne?

Disgusting of Market Harborough 

Hi Dave!

Here you go, just for you.

I've taken your advice and mov d the run round point towards the other one to lengthen that siding slightly.

In the foreground will be a road bridge with I'm going to start tomorrow. 

Cheers.

IMG_20191110_185145.jpg

• Like 3

The bare shell of the bridge is now complete, tomorrow I'll start cladding it with stone.

I should also be able to start forming the embankments either side, the one in front of the 50 will slope down to a scrubby area with a small wall while the one on the far side will back onto a warehouse for the builders merchant.

More tomorrow.

IMG_20191117_233007.jpg

• Like 1

More bridge work being done today, but I couldn't resist a quick posed shot.

50014 arrives with a couple of vans in tow. After running round it will shunt the GUV over to the covered unloading area to drop off parcels for a courier before leaving light engine.

IMG_20191118_125256.jpg

• Like 1

A bit more progress on the groundwork today before work. I think it's safe to say that it's starting to look like a layout now.

After all this time changing track layouts and modelling mood coming and going, it's good to see things moving.

It should not take six years to build a small layout, and to honest I'm annoyed with myself for taking that long.

IMG_20191120_153536.jpg

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 year later...